Duster Rear Window Louvers

-
Mine were side window louvers too. I didn't have any dimensions, just laid a sheet of plastic over a spare window, shaped it with a heat gun and then used that as the frame.

Cut it out and shaped each slat with the heat gun, plastic welded them on and sanded it down. Didn't have any money in the materials, since it was stuff I had laying around the shop anyway.

On mine, the slats continued to the end of the window (With a tab underneath to bolt on to the window/hinge)

I might try making another set again.

this is what im working with. they fit much closer than one might think. im going to cut and fab them to fit my side windows . these are plastic so it shouldnt be too hard

heres a photochop of what i am after at the bottom

Attachments

• at.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 437
  • dwl2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 440
Mine were side window louvers too. I didn't have any dimensions, just laid a sheet of plastic over a spare window, shaped it with a heat gun and then used that as the frame.

Cut it out and shaped each slat with the heat gun, plastic welded them on and sanded it down. Didn't have any money in the materials, since it was stuff I had laying around the shop anyway.

On mine, the slats continued to the end of the window (With a tab underneath to bolt on to the window/hinge)

I might try making another set again.

Whoa. Don't happen to have any pics of those originals, do ya?

Whoa. Don't happen to have any pics of those originals, do ya?

Still trying to salvage pictures off the hard drive of my old laptop. If I find the pics, I'll post them up. But since the hard drive was part of the fault in the laptop's death, the partition is gone and I've been searching through it (for a long time, anytime I'm looking for a particular file) with some programs. Only we're talking about 600gb (how does 600gb fit on a 80gb hard drive?) worth of files with gibberish for names, most of which are corrupted and you don't know until they've been recovered and you attempt to open them.

Women. Harumph!

Hey, you said it Leanna... not me :D

Alrighty then I'm bumping this thread to bring it back up.. Anyone got any news yet??

this is what im working with. they fit much closer than one might think. im going to cut and fab them to fit my side windows . these are plastic so it shouldnt be too hard

heres a photochop of what i am after at the bottom

Whoa!!! If you haven't cut them up yet why don't you let me make a fiberglass mod out of them, then we can make a real thin set that will be easy to work with! I think there is a guy in town that will have a set of side glass from a tube frame drag car he built a couple years ago I can use & maybe help you A guys out! Check out my development thread on the F stuff I am making! http://www.aspenandvolare.com/showthread.php?3283-flairs-amp-such

Whoa!!! If you haven't cut them up yet why don't you let me make a fiberglass mod out of them, then we can make a real thin set that will be easy to work with! I think there is a guy in town that will have a set of side glass from a tube frame drag car he built a couple years ago I can use & maybe help you A guys out! Check out my development thread on the F stuff I am making! http://www.aspenandvolare.com/showthread.php?3283-flairs-amp-such

i still have them, i havent chopped them up yet LOL. i registered over there but i havent posted yet. would it be possible for you to make any of these? if i made one for a mold, could you make some?

i still have them, i havent chopped them up yet LOL. i registered over there but i havent posted yet. would it be possible for you to make any of these? if i made one for a mold, could you make some?

Like I said let me make a mold & pop some thin ones out & I'll check to see if my local guy still has his glass. If he doesn't he has a street car! I'll cut up my thin fiberglass ones & between my glass guy & me we will give it a try. Once done we can pop out as many as needed! (even in allot of colors!)

This thread has as much stuff going on as a 7 family rummage sale with all the diff directions!

We already have the 78/9 F ones (horizontal) done, but I don't think they would work on the A's!

im not sure how any one else feels, but i am only interested in the 77 F body side window louvers tweeked to fit a 70-76 duster or dart sport. i also have a cardboard template fit to my side windows. i would love to see a matching rear window louver set made out of ABS and not the aluminum type.

Count me in! Besides its the best piece info we all have heard. It would be cool if you could pop them in fiberglass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking in old Car Craft & Hot Rods last night. (78/81) In 1 page insert type flyer that had back window louvers & flares & stuff for all kinds of cars, I didn't see any A's but there were F's! The rear louvers were $129. There is prob the same adds in 74/5 Mags.

I tried the F front on a 72 Demon over the weekend & was surprised it was as close as it was! This is a tube frame car with glass fenders but here are the pics. The rear spoiler tryout wasn't even worth a pic! He had already got rid of his original side windows does anyone have a set or can make an exact cardboard template? I got the 76/7 vertical F louvers that I am going to "clone" today but cant attempt to fit them to an A without a pattern.

clones169.jpg

clones170.jpg

I know it's been awhile since I posted on this thread but I haven't forgotten about any of you.

I asked a guy from ACME named Bob Kropp about the possibility of doing some Duster louvers and here's what he said:

Leanna - Sorry for the delay, but needed to talk to my fabricator before giving you an answer. Of course anything is possible - the first step is having an original set to use as a pattern. Once that is done cost of production would be determined. His thought is that to be cost effective 100 units would need to be done and the E/Body picture I showed him they are much more labor intense that the Charger Spoiler. He ask if there is 20 buyers that would step up and do a deposit to get it rolling. I said I really did not know as this was a new idea to me. Do you think there are that many A/Body owners interested in this? He thought final cost could be 750 to 1000 depending on the detail. Thanks SBBob

Soooooooooo gang ... here's your chance! I gave Bob a link to this thread too so he and his fabricators can see the interest for themselves. I hope it works out for all of you!

I know it's been awhile since I posted on this thread but I haven't forgotten about any of you.

Soooooooooo gang ... here's your chance! I gave Bob a link to this thread too so he and his fabricators can see the interest for themselves. I hope it works out for all of you!

thank you Leanna for taking the time to inquire and for the update :prayer:. i am about to begin fab on the F body louvers i have to fit my duster. if they turn out well enough to make a mold, i would be more than happy to send them out to someone that can do it. if i can learn the process , i may attempt it myself, but i dont see that happening :banghead:. the fab work is going to take me a little time, but i am determined to get a pair done. :D i dont know if you are talking about the rear window or side windows now that i thought about it. i am talking about the side windows.....

....Lance

thank you Leanna for taking the time to inquire and for the update :prayer:. i am about to begin fab on the F body louvers i have to fit my duster. if they turn out well enough to make a mold, i would be more than happy to send them out to someone that can do it. if i can learn the process , i may attempt it myself, but i dont see that happening :banghead:. the fab work is going to take me a little time, but i am determined to get a pair done. :D i dont know if you are talking about the rear window or side windows now that i thought about it. i am talking about the side windows.....

....Lance

I asked him about both for you guys. :-D I figured why not dream BIG?!?

As much as I love to see progress on this project, I cannot commit for a pair with that kinda price tag at this time. Not saying I'd never get some, but I certainly can't promise that I will :(

Thanks though! At this point, I just want to see some real ones on a car!

As much as I love to see progress on this project, I cannot commit for a pair with that kinda price tag at this time. Not saying I'd never get some, but I certainly can't promise that I will :(

Thanks though! At this point, I just want to see some real ones on a car!

for me, thats way beyond what i can spend. that is why im making my own out of the F body side louvers, then i will work on the back window.

-
Back