E-bay headers

-

22dog22

Reaction score
Was looking on line at e-bay, came a cross these headers from new point motor model # npmhds dd67 out of rowland heights califorinia, they are stainless steel for a cost of 221.68 with free shipping, has any one used them? Are any good?

Probably china garbage. First I've heard of them doing headers though.

driving right past them tomorrow...anything out of Rowland Heights, El Monte, Monterey park..east of LA is Chinese made/sold. Huge Ebay tuner market out of that part of So. Cal.

they got them fitting a 66 Barracuda.."I dont think so Tim..." B Ut heck, stainless headers for a SB Mopar? How bad could they be? Well, look at the outboard ports and gasket, will it even seal?

$_12.JPG

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-LA-V8-318-340-360-MOPAR-SMALL-BLOCK-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/271543431731?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f393ff233&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp"]For Dodge Plymouth La V8 318 340 360 Mopar Small Block Exhaust Manifold Header | eBay[/ame]

ooh, looks like they are not the only party in town!

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler-Mopar-Headers-273-318-340-360-RT-SS-/331241781097?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge&hash=item4d1f8c7769&vxp=mtr"]Stainless Steel Dodge Plymouth Chrysler Mopar Headers 273 318 340 360 RT SS | eBay[/ame]

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-VALIANT-VOLARE-LA-V8-318-340-360-MOPAR-SMALL-BLOCK-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/231278271833?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge&hash=item35d9425d59&vxp=mtr"]For Valiant Volare La V8 318 340 360 Mopar Small Block Exhaust Manifold Header | eBay[/ame]

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-LA-V8-318-340-360-MOPAR-SMALL-BLOCK-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/271543431731?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge&hash=item3f393ff233&vxp=mtr"]For Dodge Plymouth La V8 318 340 360 Mopar Small Block Exhaust Manifold Header | eBay[/ame]

The usual chinkese crappola.

if they were going to knock off header they should have knocked off a dougs or tti. not that hang low cheap garbage.

driving right past them tomorrow...anything out of Rowland Heights, El Monte, Monterey park..east of LA is Chinese made/sold. Huge Ebay tuner market out of that part of So. Cal.

they got them fitting a 66 Barracuda.."I dont think so Tim..." B Ut heck, stainless headers for a SB Mopar? How bad could they be? Well, look at the outboard ports and gasket, will it even seal?

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-DODGE-P...ssories&hash=item3f393ff233&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

How in the world will those slotted outboard ports ever seal! Good call Pishta.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 691
Kinda related.

I bought a set of stainless steel short dump headers for my V10 a few years ago, and they came out of California somewhere.

I gotta tell ya, they were pretty darn nice for the money, somewhere around 110 bucks. I was pretty happy when I opened the box. In fact I still have another new set somewhere.

NOW with that said, I don't know if these would be similar or not.

What do suppose is the reason for that slot, instead of a bolt hole on the outer ports? That is crazy, and like every one else said, they will probably leak. I just asked them a question about this on ebay. It'll be interesting to see their answer.

Wow!:

"Getting more air into your engine and more exhaust out is the key to a performance motor. That's where exhaust headers is significant as the first revenue of an exhaust system. Exhaust performance headers manipulate the air flow with the performance-robbing exhaust manifold that came with your car. Headers provide each cylinder with its own mini exhaust pipe, which means exhaust headers prevent interference among cylinders; thus, the backpressure that occurs in common exhaust manifolds. When cylinders don't have to fight with each other to expel their exhaust, they can put more power through the wheels, pushing the vehicle. Combining with a high performance cold air intake, and a cat-back exhaust system, a header system removes all restrictions of your engine, then, it is able to perform at its full potential."

And then there is this, which should scare you even more:

"
Instructions not included with most of our products. CRC highly recommends professional installation on our performance parts."

Yikes! Preying on those that don't know. They don't look too bad. If they weren't stainless you could weld up the slot and surface the flanges.

Theres no instructions because they havent been test fit on anything. Even they have no idea if you have to drop suspension parts, lift the engine, remove the starter etc. Plenty of vulnerable young guns make for easy prey.

I think they look pretty damn good for the $$. As far as the flanges sealing, as long as the surfaces are flat they should seal.

Do they fit? I bet the passenger side will.... The drivers side? Don't know about that one.

I have hooker headers that have slots cut for those 2 bolts...they seal pretty good..

no header is fun to remove and install....and it is usually other reasons the headers are coming off that is worst...

Pretty simple; they lacked a vehicle for a test mule. I'll do them a favor and sell them my car for a million and help them out! :finga:

if they were going to knock off header they should have knocked off a dougs or tti. not that hang low cheap garbage.

Exactly... That would have meant buying a couple sets at headers to reverse engineer at 350+ vs the cheap flowtechs at ~130

The back end payoff would have been huge, but, it's the same low hanging trash.

I think they look pretty damn good for the $$. As far as the flanges sealing, as long as the surfaces are flat they should seal.

Do they fit? I bet the passenger side will.... The drivers side? Don't know about that one.

I'd be concerned about the lack of material between the port and the bolt hole.

Exactly... That would have meant buying a couple sets at headers to reverse engineer at 350+ vs the cheap flowtechs at ~130

The back end payoff would have been huge, but, it's the same low hanging trash.

i see your point there but in reality they probably didnt even have to reverseengineer anything since they probably got the paterns from whoever they are making mildsteel headers for.
design probably stolen from whoever started makeing there **** in there factory. i would guess a cheap brand like flowtech.

I'd be concerned about the lack of material between the port and the bolt hole.

As stated above they will seal. Others have used the slotted design and their fine.

You only notice them while out of the box. Once installed you'll forget all about it.

Yup! Like a big *** hole in the side of the block and a missing # 6 piston & rod..... Ask me how I know! Lol

how do you know? and did you find the missing piston and rod assembly?
sorry could not resist the opportunity.

sorry for your missfortune.

-
Back