Stealth heads gasket matched
Edelbrock rpm performer intake
msd distributer and 6al ignition
Speed demon 750 vacuum secondary
a body big block exhaust manifolds into 2 1/2" dual exhaust with crossover
Be cool rad

View attachment 1715848543
Not much more cam than in my 419.

Thinkin with a 440 instead of a 400 more HP should be easily achievable.
What was done to the Stealth heads prior to use? Did you just run them out of the box? Inspect them? Any clean up work on them?

Switched to comp locks and retainers, did some gasket port matching and ran em. I don't know if I was just lucky but no problems.

Some had 6 pack rods.... and most never saw over 3500 rpms. Either way, no matter. I plan to stress it till it stretches :D
Please don't get me wrong I hope you send it through the quarter
Talking about taking nothing and turning it into something. Lol. I explained that a stoker wasn’t necessary for most. And someone asked if I ever built a stocker and I replied yes. View attachment 1715848503View attachment 1715848504
I already knew the answer when I asked the question.. I noticed you quoted me there a couple times but not the quote I was asking for where I said you had to have a stroker to get a 10-second time slip...

In your case, I would get your iron heads cleaned and inspected. This may make the decision process easier, if you find they're more work you want to deal with, you can sell the cores. But in also in my case, I've got a little bit of an unfair advantage with my local machinist/semi famous Mopar engine builder that make the Iron heads a no brainer... but being a borderline charity case doesn't hurt there, either! :D It may not be a bad idea to start scouring eBay and other places and find a set of secondhand aftermarket heads.

Last edited:
In your case, I would get your iron heads cleaned and inspected. This may make the decision process easier, if you find they're more work you want to deal with, you can sell the cores. But in also in my case, I've got a little bit of an unfair advantage with my local machinist/semi famous Mopar engine builder that make the Iron heads a no brainer, but being a borderline charity case doesn't hurt there, either! :D It may not be a bad idea to start scouring eBay and other places and find a set of secondhand aftermarket heads.

brand new set of big block Edelbrock heads on Facebook last week. I saw the ad 30 seconds after it was posted and my finger was twitching. 1000.00

Last edited:
I must be overlooking it through all the back and forth in this thread. Did you say you already had a cam that you're going to use in this one? Hydraulic or Solid, flat or roller?

The other questions I have are # 1: Why did you decide to not use the speedmaster big block heads? #2: Are you going to swap pistons? It may be impossible to get any kind of decent compression with the stock motorhome pistons. .080 below deck with dishes and valve reliefs is not uncommon at all to find in those engines.

The other questions I have are # 1: Why did you decide to not use the speedmaster big block heads? #2: Are you going to swap pistons? It may be impossible to get any kind of decent compression with the stock motorhome pistons. .080 below deck with dishes and valve reliefs is not uncommon at all to find in those engines.
I think the Speedmaster head require rockers that double the cost LOL...

I think the Speedmaster head require rockers that double the cost LOL...
The Speedmasters were 3500-7500 rpm heads. A little aggressive for what I want. I had the rockers for them.

I don’t know how you or anyone came up with that.
Can you explain that?
(Shuddering)

So sorry, that doesn’t explain how the head has a rpm band applied to it.

So sorry, that doesn’t explain how the head has a rpm band applied to it.
it's the "rpm" range given my the manufacture. I really don't care if the RPM is correct or not, I didn't want Victor style heads for my build. It's why I sold the SM heads. The only reason.

On your half, that’s fine.
Ive never had a manufacturer give me a rpm range to there heads, never seen it advertised. IMO, it’s a load of ****.

Any given engine can have to much head or not enough cylinder head for what ever size the engine is. On just a cylinder head, rpm is part port window size and part valve spring for valve control that would point to a rpm range.

I’m floored you were told that.

it's the "rpm" range given my the manufacture. I really don't care if the RPM is correct or not, I didn't want Victor style heads for my build. It's why I sold the SM heads. The only reason.
I like the way you defy logic and laugh at it LOL... Your building a drag motor but you don't want heads capable of higher RPM... :popcorn:...

-
Back