Early A restoration on TV

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Phantomworks (a show on Velocity) looks like it may have a 65 Barracuda in this seasons lineup. Check your listings.

Cool, I will watch and expect it will be much better than those fools in Arizona.

Oops, its called Fatomworks..where is the edit button (again!)

That's a pretty decent show. Relatively low fake drama nonsense. And they do nice work.

The Cobra with machine guns was kinda out there.... It did turn out much better than I thought....

Hey,

I have a 66 Formula S.

I noticed on the car they are doing that there is a small emblem on the rear part of the driver side front fender. Did they put that on all 66 Formula S?

My car does have 2 holes in the driver side fender behind the wheel well but I never had an emblem for those holes.

What emblem is it?

Thanks

Dave

The 2 holes in the driver side fender behind the wheel well were for engine call out emblems. Either "commando V8" or "V8". I don't believe they were ever put on Formula S cars from the factory since those got the round formula S badge below the Barracuda name on the top front of the fender. My understanding is only non "S" car with V8 engines got those emblems. My V8 2 barrel car has the V8 emblem in that location.

Hello,

I thought that was the way it went also, but it seems that the car in the picture has both the Formula S emblem and another emblem on the drivers side.

When I had the car media blasted and painted it all looked original in terms of the body panels. On my car it has both sets of holes.The ones for the Formula S emblem and another set in the area behind the wheel well. It sure looks like the holes are factory so I am not exactly sure what to think. Right now I have left them open. The holes are one on top of the other. They did not exactly fit the pentastar when I tried to put one of those in.

Does the V8 emblem have 2 pins one on top of the other?

Just trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Dave

reminds me of this: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61XS4XiChHE"]Desert Car Kings- Barracuda Auction - YouTube[/ame]

Hello,

I thought that was the way it went also, but it seems that the car in the picture has both the Formula S emblem and another emblem on the drivers side.

When I had the car media blasted and painted it all looked original in terms of the body panels. On my car it has both sets of holes.The ones for the Formula S emblem and another set in the area behind the wheel well. It sure looks like the holes are factory so I am not exactly sure what to think. Right now I have left them open. The holes are one on top of the other. They did not exactly fit the pentastar when I tried to put one of those in.

Does the V8 emblem have 2 pins one on top of the other?

Just trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Dave

If you have a formula S car, the emblem behind the wheel would be the "Commando V8" emblem, if you have a non formula S V8 car, it will have the "V Eight" emblem, if it's a /6 car it will have nothing! You could also get a non formula S car with the commando motor, which would also have the "Commando V8" emblem!

The emblem holes are side by side about 2" apart, so unless you are looking at the passenger side and mistaking the pentastar holes as part of a stacked hole, your holes are not factory! No other emblem would be mounted there on the barracuda model!

Last night they did a 64 Barracuda. Car looked good and the guest was real attached to the car. Needed interior work and had a rusty front fender. By the time they finished, they uncovered a larger area that needed repair. They said they spent 700 hrs on the car and I don't remember the parts cost, but several thousand dollars. Long story short was the cost for the restoration was like $65,000. Car looked awesome, and the owner was thrilled. When they removed the rear window, it was the same story about being irreplaceable, and if they broke it they would have to find a new job. Was interesting though!

Disapointed in the coverage!

First thing you notice is the orange box under the hood. The whole story was not told but made for TV.

Not surprised about the hidden rust, damage and cost of repair!

It's a love thing! If you want to fix one get your wallet out.

Hey,

I have a 66 Formula S.

I noticed on the car they are doing that there is a small emblem on the rear part of the driver side front fender. Did they put that on all 66 Formula S?

My car does have 2 holes in the driver side fender behind the wheel well but I never had an emblem for those holes.

What emblem is it?

Thanks

Dave

Could be fenders were replaced at some point.

Sorry to say this is one show I hate.. I don't like any of their work and they way overprice everything.. Just not for me

Last night they did a 64 Barracuda. Car looked good and the guest was real attached to the car. Needed interior work and had a rusty front fender. By the time they finished, they uncovered a larger area that needed repair. They said they spent 700 hrs on the car and I don't remember the parts cost, but several thousand dollars. Long story short was the cost for the restoration was like $65,000. Car looked awesome, and the owner was thrilled. When they removed the rear window, it was the same story about being irreplaceable, and if they broke it they would have to find a new job. Was interesting though!

Think he said parts cost was $21k. I can't remember their exact charge for labor but I want to say it's $90/hr.

Comes out to roughly $84k.

They do good work but that's crazy.

My only real gripe was the BS about the rear window. What is with these shows trying to drive up the price of those windows? They were like $100 a few years back and people couldn't give them away. Now they're acting like they are irreplaceable parts and the prices these days show that.

reality tv!????? LOL maybe in Ca or Az but I really doubt that!!!

why not these tv guys get to REAL reality and see what a average Joe can do in HIS garage and realistic parts buying and EVERYTHING!!

I have watched a couple episodes I taped of Counting Cars, and I bout barfed. $2500 roadrunner instrument cluster????!!! and etc etc.....

sounds like this program mentioned is better but I don't get that channel. maybe I need t send the satellite people more $$$$!????? Ha

Their are 3 of the early B-Cuda rear windows for sale locally, on Craigs list, and mine will make 4. Mine is not going to hang around here long after I get the car scrapped, cause I don't have the room. It will go into be recycled, if that's possible.
Its a 66 Formula-S rust bucket, I am taking apart.

barracudadave67

-
Back