Eddy plug sunk in combustion chamber?

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/367638-Spark-plug-enters-chamber-in-wird-way

7B534637-7B88-486A-9CCB-D01F5DB3549B-5417-000008ABC22D8A19_zps11f817a3.jpg

I have never seen a close up of eddy #60779 combustion chamber........Is this right?

Looks to me that the head is a reject. Spark plug hole not correct, looks like it was drilled at the wrong angle. Take them back.

no thats deff. not right take several pictures call whoever sold them to you asap get the head sent back for a replacment if you paid some 1 to put on get all receipt coppies save original have the shop tell them man hours i would think you probbly caught that before it got put on but if its a shop theres rtime involed due back from edel if its a buddy or you oh well at least you caught it. my bro inlaw got his e-z indy"s shop put the topend together and was leaking water after a few test they found it was leaking thru a exhaust port in the head. they got ahold of indy and got $ back for porting time build time and paid them x amount of labor to find and time down and paid for his heads for him came out almost 3k and they sent him 2 new heads to start over with .so if they got ported get all doccumentaion together and see if they want 1 head or both back for research and dev. you should get compensated every thing from them( ***** a little ) if not a good offer to replace at a fair loss of time mabeee you get a good deal like kevin did .that keeps and gets customers ,is the service and going out of the way for you to keep it quiet or tell them there service is so gr8. hope it works to your favor and let us know how it worked out doccumentaition is and communication is key here get to the top dog g/l you have a gr8 case for free heads if they take care of you like indy took care of kevin.keep us posted and thanks for a heads up to every 1 just cause its new doesnt always mean its right

WTF looks like they missed an operation when machining. Angle looks wrong and looks to close to the valve seat too.

Wow..you would thought they were made in china

LOL Theses are not my heads:mrgreen: click on the link above the head pic.
He is actually from Sweden......but yeah:wack:

That's not a SB Mopar head. The head number given in the OP is for SB mopar which has angled plugs, as seen in many photos.

The picture supplied can't show if it's mismachined or not. It looks like someone just grabbed the wrong-reach plugs to me.

yeah, what's so ugly? Other than lots of thread but what else is an angled head supposed to look like thread wise? You supposed to grind out the unused threads and unshroud the electrode?

What are you going to do? Countersink the hole just to square it up to the plug? It needs chamber redesign work to be "right"

There's no way in hell I'd want threads hanging out in the chamber though.A little carbon build-up and the threads are trash next time you pull plugs.

Mine looked,just like that picture.(1st,o.p.) .Not pretty,but it works. Those castings in the last picture,WAY CLEANER on the quickie gasket match than mine were.

Car Craft article? Most likely,Brians,IMM. Hates ,porting turds.

Their the Hughes CNC Super Prepped heads before and after

But before and after both, are angled plug design.

When did Eddy switch to a angle plug........... just went and look as my X head. they are an angled spark plug head but there is a bump that make the thread come out even.

He said its a long reach spark plug in there as well,RC14YC!!!

Abodybomer said his look like like the first pic.... do they all look like this or was three a "design change" that they didn't get a part # change?

-
Back