Eddy vs RHS

-

moparduster

Reaction score
I want to know which yall prefer. Pros and Cons. how much power each can handle. Im building a engine for the dart and i am stumped on which heads to get.

I want to know which yall prefer. Pros and Cons. how much power each can handle. Im building a engine for the dart and i am stumped on which heads to get.

For the Money vs Power I would definatly lean WAY toward the RHS Heads.
I have 2 sets now that will be in use and they are a GREAT Bargain for the price.

You should talk to Brian at IMM Engines, user is ou812, he has a great deal at $1295.00 with beehive springs, big valves and machine work to handle a .600+ lift camshaft. They are good on a stroker build for right at 500hp and 500+Tq

Check out this Thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=88220&highlight=rhs+flow

This is mostly personal preference.
Some guys want aluminum, some want iron.
Our RHS heads OOTB will outperform Edelbrock's OOTB and even mildly ported they will run right with them at a much lower cost.
Our heads come with quality BRAND NAME components like Ferrea 6000 series valves and Comp Beehive springs.

But if you plan on heavily porting the heads later on or need a head that will support more than 550HP then the Eddy head will do the job better.
Even the Eddy Magnum head will be better in the end.

But you'll have spent alot more $$$ but that's how it goes, spend more and hopefully get more right!!

Brian

I think if you are looking purely by cost and expectation, the RHS head is a solid choice. For those who are looking for possible growth, plus the benefit of less weight on the nose, RPMs are the "step up" choice. In either head's case so long as the output is within the ability of the head to support, there won't be any "more" or "less" power made by them. The builder simply adjusts the build to work with the material being used.

I got a deal on the Eddy RPMS ootb,I would have thought about the RHS heads had they been available at the time of my purchase.They seem like a good deal complete for the price.=P~

Bear in mind OOTB RPMs need a little work. The RHS can be had ready to bolt on. So the catalog price difference is only part of the cost comparison. In the same shape (ready to bolt on), RPMs will take about $2K give or take your shop's labor and springs.

I like aluminum heads, and for me, the extra cost of the eddy's is worth it, even though the RHS heads flow better ootb. They are both a great head once ported...Maybe I am biased cuz I have eddy's on my 408...

Bear in mind OOTB RPMs need a little work. The RHS can be had ready to bolt on. So the catalog price difference is only part of the cost comparison. In the same shape (ready to bolt on), RPMs will take about $2K give or take your shop's labor and springs.
Yes Moper true,I,ve spent quite abit more having them ported,new springs,retainers etc...I,m well in over 2k on the heads alone.Zoom Zoom,you gotta pay to play!

I have the adjustable mechanical rockers (shaft mounted) off a 273. Can I use these stock valve train components on both of the heads mentioned?

I have the adjustable mechanical rockers (shaft mounted) off a 273. Can I use these stock valve train components on both of the heads mentioned?

you can use the shaft and rockers off the 273...and maybe the pushrods if they are the right length.

but valves no...eddy and rhs have smaller stem size..plus the 273 valves are too small to fit either head...

you can use the shaft and rockers off the 273...and maybe the pushrods if they are the right length.

but valves no...eddy and rhs have smaller stem size..plus the 273 valves are too small to fit either head...

Yah, I knew about the valves. I think the RHS uses 8mm valve stems, not sure about the Eddys. And yes, the 1.78/1.5 would have a hard time sealing up the 1.92 or 2.02/1.6 holes - LOL! I was considering the shaft mounted rocker system and wheter the stock shaft could be used.

eddies use 11/32 stems..

I am using a old set of 273 shafts and crane ductile iron rockers on a set of eddies i have on my 73 duster.

Ok here is my set up so far. 360, forged bottem end. not stroked, 10.5:1 pistons, mopar purple shaft .533 lift 320 duration, running a 727 with 3500-3800 stall, 4.56 gears, just trying to figure out if i can run RHS heads with out loosing to much power. what do yall think?

Ok here is my set up so far. 360, forged bottem end. not stroked, 10.5:1 pistons, mopar purple shaft .533 lift 320 duration, running a 727 with 3500-3800 stall, 4.56 gears, just trying to figure out if i can run RHS heads with out loosing to much power. what do yall think?

why would you lose power going to the RHS head???

But i would run a different cam...

that hydraulic cam has about 270 degree duration at .050..

if you got it free....use it.

that hydraulic cam has about 270 degree duration at .050..

if you got it free....use it.

Wow, that's a lot. Like even for a big-block. I don't understand how a cam that big was even made for hydraulic lifters in a small block... can they rev high enough to take advantage of it?

The RHS heads as they are in "stock" form will only handle .525" lift. Jim from Indy Cylinder Heads told me this past weekend that they have them available now for up to .600" lift although they are not listed on Indy's literature yet. TTI has released their headers to fit the port shape of these heads, fit our A-bodies and utilize the W2 bolt pattern making it much easier to get to the bolts.

Talk to OU812 about his RHS heads, they flat out WORK!

How fast do you want to go?

I won't let the cat out of the bag, but, I was impressed.

-
Back