edelbrock cylinder heads

-
Worked on and seen enough combos with both ede and RHS stroker engines to know the RHS work better with no proting than the ede's

You have dyno numbers and timeslips to prove this claim???...

With all the spirted bickering going on and before the heat gets turned on between parties, please be reminded that all that has been said over the last day is completely off base in term to what the OE poster put up.

Which is a very general thought.

So far, he has brought up the possible use of 2 very different engine and only mentions a very small amount of parts to be used, or so he thinks. (Thats what I gather, anywhoooo)

If you all start this battle between which head is better, both parties are up crap creek for *Thinking* they know the answer to a question put forth that is to vauge to truly answer.
The only answer worth considering is the "In general opinion" answer, much like what Moper gave. It's a very broad and in general opinion on how such heads could be used.

Conduct yourself nicely please. I know certain issues/threads topic are just great for banter and other bologna.

Rumble I think you hit it right on the head. The OP just wants to know which motor and what cylinder head to use. He is on a budget and wants the most bang for the buck, not looking to set low ET for the biggest motor in the world. I happen to have access to a Superflow flow bench and I was disappointed to see 220cfm at 600 lift for the Edelbrock. My home ported Js flow 270cfm on the same bench, unfortunately for me I had already spent a lot of money on the Eddies and sold them for a loss. I think a lot of combos posted here are very stout, however I think they are leaving a lot on the table by not using a better head. Edelbrock has come into a market that had very little options for a aluminum aftermarket head and hit a home run. Most guys want to grab a head off the shelf and put it on their car. Now there are some better options out there and the competition is fierce, but I am bummed that there is so much info out there steering some of the guys who are new to this in the wrong direction. I guess my thoughts are to the OP to consult a pro who is knowledgeable in small block mopars and trust them to steer you not some people on a forum who you dont know and the advice is all over the place. I do find it funny that some folks get REAL personal at the drop of a hat when you insult their favorite cylinder head. :happy10:

Rumble I think you hit it right on the head. The OP just wants to know which motor and what cylinder head to use. He is on a budget and wants the most bang for the buck, not looking to set low ET for the biggest motor in the world. I happen to have access to a Superflow flow bench and I was disappointed to see 220cfm at 600 lift for the Edelbrock. My home ported Js flow 270cfm on the same bench, unfortunately for me I had already spent a lot of money on the Eddies and sold them for a loss. I think a lot of combos posted here are very stout, however I think they are leaving a lot on the table by not using a better head. Edelbrock has come into a market that had very little options for a aluminum aftermarket head and hit a home run. Most guys want to grab a head off the shelf and put it on their car. Now there are some better options out there and the competition is fierce, but I am bummed that there is so much info out there steering some of the guys who are new to this in the wrong direction. I guess my thoughts are to the OP to consult a pro who is knowledgeable in small block mopars and trust them to steer you not some people on a forum who you dont know and the advice is all over the place. I do find it funny that some folks get REAL personal at the drop of a hat when you insult their favorite cylinder head. :happy10:
Bravo turbo dart,Kevin.

Best bang for the buck is the RHS head, especially on a smaller CI engine. It great to have choices now for SB mopars.

Looking forward to the testing Brian will do. Should be interesting.

I notice my questions don't get answered so I'll answer one that was thrown my way...

Dyno and timeslips, yes. Would I share anything with you... Hell no.

Funny, one that weighs the same as a certain orange duster ran the same et and MPH with 35 less hp... hmmmm.

Pick your parts and spend your money. Have fun, I'm putting the biggest tool on this board on ignore again.

Ahh life is good...
"This message is hidden because stroked 340 is on your ignore list."

Right on turbodart68
I'm glad someone else here is living in reality.

The flow bench don't lie and basically..the eddys are just aluminum replacement heads with more floor on the exhaust side and the same old push rod pinch...and thats not a thought, it's a FACT.lol

\/elocity is what's involved in making this work everywhere in the range on a 318
If the op was to go 318, he'd be better off using 302's or even small valve J heads than eddys. A 140cc port volume and 225cfm would be real nice for a warmed up street/strip 318.imo
is anyone gonna braze in the floor of a j head to make that happen..probably not.ha ha
easiest would be to build the 360 and buy some rhs heads, in either form, from brian at IMM. This way they will be 'right' from the get go.

the bickering is minor 'thank gawd' but after that there is good info in this thread to help the op understand WHY this or that will work or not work or work better/worse than another.

If people wanna go on about velocity and the effect of 360 ports on a 318 bottom then lets look at the diff here=a near 30cc diff between 318/360 heads and that how lil extra port volume it takes to slow it down and cause less than ideal suspension/maintained mix of the fuel. At the same time there is a window or an extent of slight drop out 'if you will' due to the fact that once it's compressed in the cylinder...it's mixed more...

I think it's the guy who go's on about what he likes with nothing behind it to back it up that is a real disservice to this thread. Or how about the fact he isn't even concerned with the big picture...reminds of the ol 'the bigger the port the better' crap,..... where's dgc333 to tell us all to run thermo's and 2.02 j head on our street 318's.....thats another band aid attempt and story for another time...

So don't use eddys on a street 318 otherwise you'll be getting ideas to run inferior carbs with micro primarys and stacked boosters just be able to turn tires, meanwhile the secondary is just a bucket of fuel waiting to be tipped hopefully mixing decent by 6000+rpm and even then will they open all the way.... ha ha

So a 360 with rhs heads from brian or 2.02 j heads's would be best in this case-flow per dollar-you win
Or a 318 with 302's w/1.88/1.60, or small valve j heads

You can build around a lot of things but lay it out on paper 1st, for some ways aren't as cost efficient or 'novice tuner friendly' as others.

and stay away from ryan at shaddydell, I get 30 cfm over his stuff hammered and using a harbor frieght grinder...most do not know cause they don't check his work.

I guess my thoughts are to the OP to consult a pro who is knowledgeable in small block mopars and trust them to steer you :happy10:

And heres the number of one of the "best" out there especially when it comes to small block heads 814-692-4232 ask for Ryan..:thumrigh::thumrigh:

-
Back