Edelbrock E-street E.F.I.

-

kevindahle

Reaction score
In a quest to make my 360 Duster more street worthy, I am kicking around a few ideas. All though my Edelbrock carb has served me well for the past 15 years, I am interested in there self learning E.F.I., has anyone tried it out?

I've been looking at this as well. The Eddy unit was my first choice. Then I found the Hilborn multi stack unit (very cool, but ridiculously expensive). Then someone posted a link to a video of the new FAST EZ EFI ver. 2. After watching the video, it looks like the only way to go. Controls timing if you run their distributor, can run multiple throttle bodies, has provisions for nitrous. Costs a bit more initially, but you get what you pay for. Frieberger put it on his Super Bee and it performed quite well.

The Eselbrock looks like a great package and has been around for a while constantly being upgraded. The FAST system has many loyal followers for good reasons.
I'd like to hear the been there done that myself.

We have fast systems on our 68 cuda 340 convertible and our 72 swinger 410 stroker Both work very well Looked at them all This seamed to be the best for us and price was very good Fun to drive

I've been looking at this as well. The Eddy unit was my first choice. Then I found the Hilborn multi stack unit (very cool, but ridiculously expensive). Then someone posted a link to a video of the new FAST EZ EFI ver. 2. After watching the video, it looks like the only way to go. Controls timing if you run their distributor, can run multiple throttle bodies, has provisions for nitrous. Costs a bit more initially, but you get what you pay for. Frieberger put it on his Super Bee and it performed quite well.

They owe Frieberger some money after watching him put it on his Super Bee I really want it and like it even more. The only bad side it they dont make a disturber for sbm only 413-440 but in time they will have them for all mopar engines.

They owe Frieberger some money after watching him put it on his Super Bee I really want it and like it even more. The only bad side it they dont make a disturber for sbm only 413-440 but in time they will have them for all mopar engines.

Part #305011 dual sync distributor for sbm. Have one for 2 years now. Works good.

I have a 468 Pontiac in the shop. Ez efi System works very well. I would waste all the extra money in v2. If you are going to do that just get real multiport injection. The issue with the tank remains though. If you really want it to work right an in tank pump is best. I would not buy something like this from MSD. Their customer service sucks

I have a 468 Pontiac in the shop. Ez efi System works very well. I would waste all the extra money in v2. If you are going to do that just get real multiport injection. The issue with the tank remains though. If you really want it to work right an in tank pump is best. I would not buy something like this from MSD. Their customer service sucks

Great to know. Thanks

A lot of good points, I watched the F.A.S.T. install on the Superbee, and the Popular Hot Rodding Edelbrock install on a Nova, read on Holley and MSD but I love the fuel sump kit Edelbrock has and in a mild 360 I think it would work great with out the hassle of reengineering the stock style fuel system.

That Edlebrock sump is available separately, I was contemplating using it with the Hilborn kit. Still think those 8 stacks are sexy as hell!

V2 flows way more. Runs e85 and can run nitrous and boost

I am installing a MSD on my 273 rebuild engine swap. It will be starting soon. I will let you know how it works.

No matter how you do it the price seems like a lot but I am convinced it would be one of the best thing I could do.

-
Back