edelbrock performer rpm/ comp cam

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hi, i have a 440ci, guy selling edelbrock performer rpm heads<60929> and comp cam 23-000-5 he ran them with a holley 750 vac sec and edelbrock dual plane inlet<same as i already have, very handy> these heads and cam give much power increase? he only had on for 1500 miles!!!!! verrrry tempted as save my getting my iron ones done<that will never be as good or light as ally ones.....ANYONE ANY EXPERIANCE WITH THIS STUFF???

the heads work great and give around 50 hp out of the box, that cam is a custom grind, you would need to have it measured and find the specs to see if it would be a good match for your motor.

I'm not a fan of used cams. Too much chance of trouble, even with only 1500 miles on it.

the heads work great and give around 50 hp out of the box, that cam is a custom grind, you would need to have it measured and find the specs to see if it would be a good match for your motor.
many thanks for input!:cheers:i want to keep it as a street car,weekend driver, dont want to "kill "the drivability, ie mega lumpy cam, nothing till 5000rpm then all hell breaks loose:snakeman: just breathing better and bit more livley etc.id go for a new cam as mentioned, may not be worn in properly

I run the RPM heads and RPM intake. They work real nice together with the RPM cam. My 440 made 500.9 Hp@ 535 ft lbs torque on the dyno.

IMG_6371.jpg

I run the RPM heads and RPM intake. They work real nice together with the RPM cam. My 440 made 500.9 Hp@ 535 ft lbs torque on the dyno.

I take it your runing the Edelbrock heads, intake and cam then?
Which Edel. cam? They have a new Hyd Roller cam. Spec's @ .050 look nice.

They are a good head. But not a 50hp gain head unless they've got some work. I'd have three questions. (well, 4 really)
1. Why is he selling them?
2. Were they installed out of the box or were they corrected first? (he should have the machine shop slip handy)
3. Who spec'd the camshaft as that number is a custom grind.
4. What are the specs of that cam?

The last part is what do you have... Maybe they are not the best for your situation.

They are a good head. But not a 50hp gain head unless they've got some work. I'd have three questions. (well, 4 really)
1. Why is he selling them?
2. Were they installed out of the box or were they corrected first? (he should have the machine shop slip handy)
3. Who spec'd the camshaft as that number is a custom grind.
4. What are the specs of that cam?

The last part is what do you have... Maybe they are not the best for your situation.
my pal reakons they overkill for my situation, ie street use, i do not want it "all or nothing power" he reakons have my iron heads cleaned up,re seat valves,3 angle etc and a properly matched cam to suit<think thats where so many people go wrong> my motor is a 65 440ci,edelbrock performer dual plane inlet,holley 750 vac sec,shumacker headders,msd 6 ign,single point dizzy. i think the guy parting out as he bought it because "somone else suggested/using same/looked good huge hp claims etc" was a mis match of bits,had a tantrum as it didnt perform now realises a good cam would have been his salvation.

item still on ebay item number 110485793042 if you can take a look, also at other items for sale<cam> look at questions/answers..... mmmmm.:read2:

I looked on Ebay. I'd leave them alone. They are not out of the box... Somebody ported them and with all the soot... I think you're buying someone elses F'up.

thats what im thinking. get my iron heads cleaned up, choice cam, very respectable machinist not too far from me who does a lot for <dont know if you heard of> the historic cars at goodwood festival of speed <england> thatll do me! as i said its a street car,in A body so should be fun anyway! cheers for the input all!

-
Back