Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap Polished vs. Natural

-

FastMopar71

Reaction score
After discussions over the last 2 days. I have decided to go with the Edelbrock RPM Air-gap. I really like the look of the polished and i'm sure it will stay alot cleaner than the natural aluminum. I'm willing to spend the extra money, but I want to make sure its worth it.

I would like to know if anyone has an Edelbrock polished intake? How does it hold up from the heat? Does it look as good as new after a while? Does anyone have any pictures they can post??

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Have it power coated! Contact Chudachick1968.

If it a choice of just natural or polished, go polished. Personally, I like powder coating. I had mine coated, it I love it. Coolant has spilled on my airgap, and it cleanse right up. If the intake were natural, it would have been all stained up already.

The second pic is the best close up I have of the powder coated intake.

Attachments

• DSC00720.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC00757.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 299
Thank you for the pics. That looks really nice. Powercoating is an option too, about how much would that cost? I like the polished because of the shiny "chrome" look, but yet I don't recall ever seeing one on a car.

I had mine done in "Alien Silver" by LeAnna. Below is a picture lifted off of her site. That is the color, not my intake. I have the AG RPM myself as well.

The color has a sparkle to it, very mello and then the sun hits it and the color pops!

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of IMG_0691.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 247
Thanks for the props Rumblefish!

FastMopar71, there's a bunch of intakes on my website Gallery (most are coated in Alien Silver like Rob's is ... it's a nice color that highly resembles brand new aluminum but with a little extra fine metallic 'kick' to it). A few customers also choose Super Chrome.

There's a ballpark price list on my website too, but please keep in mind you also enjoy a 10% labor discount as a FABO member (20% if you upgrade to Gold membership). Just be sure to remind me when you call or write for a quote.

Can the manifold be done in Hemi Orange or in my case...Corporate Blue? ...to match the orginal engine color.

Paul

Thanks for the props Rumblefish!

FastMopar71, there's a bunch of intakes on my website Gallery (most are coated in Alien Silver like Rob's is ... it's a nice color that highly resembles brand new aluminum but with a little extra fine metallic 'kick' to it). A few customers also choose Super Chrome.

There's a ballpark price list on my website too, but please keep in mind you also enjoy a 10% labor discount as a FABO member (20% if you upgrade to Gold membership). Just be sure to remind me when you call or write for a quote.

Thank you for all the info on powder coating.

Does anyone have a polished intake straight from Edelbrock? I would like to see pictures of a polished intake before I decide on powder coating.

Can the manifold be done in Hemi Orange or in my case...Corporate Blue? ...to match the orginal engine color.

Paul

Paul, if your question is directed at me, then yes it can be pretty much any color you want. Hemi Orange is one of my in-stock colors I keep on hand all the time since most of what I work on is Mopar parts. I'd have to see a sample of your Corporate Blue to know if I have anything on hand to match it.

Just an FYI, my powder supplier has over 6,500 colors available. If by some small chance the exact color you need is not already made, it can be formulated for you from your own paint / color sample at a very affordable cost.

WHOA! I can see you in the reflection of that intake. MAN-o-man that is a shiny part.

CudaChick...the 6-pack manifold that you posted a picture of, is that powder coated or just polished? If coated, what color/finish is that? That is what I want, something that shiny!!! Please give me more information on something like this. Thank you

Guess ya'll got sidetracked by the pretty glitter and didn't read what I typed up there??? :-D

WHOA! I can see you in the reflection of that intake. MAN-o-man that is a shiny part.

That's a pretty good trick Rob because I didn't take the picture. It belongs to one of the Mopar Owners of FaceBook members. I had nothing to do with it except stealing the guy's photo since FastMopar71 wanted to see an example of a polished intake and it's the only one I could think of off the top of my head.

CudaChick...the 6-pack manifold that you posted a picture of, is that powder coated or just polished? If coated, what color/finish is that? That is what I want, something that shiny!!! Please give me more information on something like this. Thank you

The six-pack in that last picture I posted is polished. Once again, I didn't have anything to do with that one -- it belongs to somebody else on FB that I barely know.

I have chrome powder but am the first one to admit it couldn't look that good on its best day. Here's a few work samples of my Super Chrome powder:

http://photobucket.com/images/Super%20Chrome%20Phoenix%20Specialty/

You'll note some of the photos don't look like chrome at all, such as the tri-colored Barracuda emblem sign. That's because the Super Chrome powder was only used as a base coat for the colored candy translucent powders (which look their best when shot on top of a shiny base).

The zoomie headers and Waggin's dad's air cleaner were some of the best results I've ever obtained with Super Chrome after years of experimentation. The zoomies are on a nostalgia fuel altered that's used solely for display purposes at shows; under NO circumstances would I ever recommend using a cosmetic powder such as Super Chrome on an exhaust application (just too much heat).

I guess this just proves that men don't really listen to what women say. LMAO!!!!

Ok ok ok, I see SOMEONES reflection in the shiny intake....LOL!

-
Back