Edelbrock Victor small block head……

-
I put a post or comments( forget which) about that 371 inch+- Victor headed enginemasters type competition motor a while back.
Valley machine here in MI built it, I use them for my stuff.
Anyhow, he sold the engine to a guy out in Nevada who has put roughly 50 1/8 mile hits on it in a street strip Duster The past two seasons, they only race 4 or 5 times a year.
Think the guy said he has run 6.30’s with it, but he runs at typically 7500 feet DA.
It’s around Winnemuca, Nevada. Not sure what that would equate to at normal DA around here.
Should be noted, because of the rpm range the competition was scored at the cam is only 255@50.

Interesting. I thought he had a W8 or W9 combo. His car is fast, so whatever he’s running these days is bad ***!
Brett Miller was able so have some of these cast differently, I am not exactly sure what all is different but there is only 6 or 8 sets out there. That duster has one of the sets. Or at least that is what he told my Dad on drag week last year.

Not sure if this is what you guys are thinking of but they were available RAW and I mean very RAW over the counter. These were unusable heads as delivered.

I just randomly noticed Summit Racing is showing five of the Victor series small block part number 61729 assembled race heads in stock today 10-27-2023. I was not expecting that.
5? ok now who bought a single head and broke up the set. Anyone?

When they first came out they were offered in the “pro-port” configuration, which is tiny ports, and no seats or guides installed(they came in a box of parts).

I had a set of the Semi-finished ones here a few months ago.
Those were cnc ported, but had unfinished guides and uncut seats, and no valves.
All I did was fit the guides to the owner supplied Ferrea valves, and machine the seats.
I was pretty impressed with the flow(360+).
They’re pretty solid heavy castings.

Rick Trunkett from B3 Racing has some of the super unicorn Brett Miller special Victors on his 7 second turbo duster.
Brett Miller was able so have some of these cast differently, I am not exactly sure what all is different but there is only 6 or 8 sets out there. That duster has one of the sets. Or at least that is what he told my Dad on drag week last year.
I found a Stainless Works video interview Trunkett did. He mentions the engine and the heads and there are some views of them. He does say they are Brett Miller Victors on about 440 cubic inches. Very cool.

This got bumped up on Facebook from years ago. Brett doing what Brett does.

IMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0137.jpeg

1698801682215.png

A friend has built a few when the heads were available, mostly street engines, using the CNC ported head from Edelbrock.

Last edited:
This got bumped up on Facebook from years ago. Brett doing what Brett does.

View attachment 1716159833

View attachment 1716159834
View attachment 1716160780

A friend has built a few when the heads were available, mostly street engines, using the CNC ported head from Edelbrock.

I doubt that Edelbrock will start producing them again any time soon, if at all.

I’m guessing you didn’t read the post. They are in stock now.

Yeah sorry, I missed that. It being such an old thread threw me

Well I had a call in today to Edelbrock about another issue and while I was on the phone we talked about the Victor heads. She told me two more runs of heads are scheduled to be produced. Man I wish I was young and rich instead of poor, old, and good looking.

Well I had a call in today to Edelbrock about another issue and while I was on the phone we talked about the Victor heads. She told me two more runs of heads are scheduled to be produced. Man I wish I was young and rich instead of poor, old, and good looking.
Just take in a bunch more porting jobs and you'll have the extra cash in no time. If only it was that quick and easy.
Also, now only three in stock on Summit's site.

I got a set on order. Hopefully they will ship mine out of one of the two runs that are scheduled.

I just noticed Summit is showing five of these 61729 Edelbrock Victor small block heads in stock again right now on 4/5/2024. I can only dream about them, so somebody needs to hurry up and buy these.

-
Back