Engine break in oil?

-
They are good heads? What year Is your 360? Mine is dated 1977 it was a 2bbl engine
I'm not sure but I think it was like a 1986 truck block or something like that. I bought it from the machine shop for a hundred and fifty bucks. The heads came on the 318 that came with my car. The previous owner said it was a police pursuit car that the motor came out of. All the indications that came off the motor seem to point in that direction..

I'm not sure but I think it was like a 1986 truck block or something like that. I bought it from the machine shop for a hundred and fifty bucks. The heads came on the 318 that came with my car. The previous owner said it was a police pursuit car that the motor came out of. All the indications that came off the motor seem to point in that direction..
Yes the 318 4bbl and police came with 360 heads I'm not sure if they where 596s or not.
318willrunwithjunkheads taught me that haha

^^^oh yeah bigga...
I think when dart freak75 asked 318 will run if he's going to use the junk heads with the cracked valve seats... I didn't stop laughing for a day and a half....

Bigga was busy moving, buying a house and starting a new job. His new job keeps his fat *** pretty busy. Well...as busy as a fat *** can be.

That shot wasn't meant at you that was meant I believe I quoted yellow rose. He's in love with me...

Wait a minute...hold the damn phone. I have standards and you are WAY below my standards. You'd have to pretty your *** up hard for me to even look your way.

I have standards. I can't love any hairy assed old man. Ever.

It had a windage tray and also when I looked up the numbers on the Block it came back "race block?" But everyone says unless it has an x on it or something like that it's nothing special. Quite possibly just a factory replacement or something..
So now I think I understand the feud!!! Your heartbroken! Bahahahah:poke:
You don't want any of this!...

It had a windage tray and also when I looked up the numbers on the Block it came back "race block?" But everyone says unless it has an x on it or something like that it's nothing special. Quite possibly just a factory replacement or something..

You don't want any of this!...
I was just quoting you!! Sorry bud I will back off!! :drama:

I was just quoting you!! Sorry bud I will back off!! :drama:
Oh no problem at all LOL just make sure your skin is very very very thick! You see how much crap I give 318 has valves that will fly? And that's only been lately because yellow rose isn't around to kick about...
If he gets back out here on any kind of regular basis-- Hold On Tight! LOL

Oh no problem at all LOL just make sure your skin is very very very thick! You see how much crap I give 318 has valves that will fly? And that's only been lately because yellow rose isn't around to kick about...
If he gets back out here on any kind of regular basis-- Hold On Tight! LOL
My skin is thick as thieves I just didn't want to hurt your feelings! Hahah :poke::rofl:

QS and PZ moved away from the paraffin based oils sometime in the late 70's-80's.

Pennzoil used paraffinic Penn Grade crude right through the end of the century, at which time they closed their Oil City, PA area refinery operations. Advances in refining technology made the waxy deposits left in engines property of those who went far beyond recommended oil change intervals. Then they partnered in Excell Paralubes in Louisiana, which produced Group ll+ base stocks.

Last edited:
Instead of commenting on break in oil why don't you join us in the new race thread? Stop pussyfooting around...

We'll post a link so I don't have to go find it. I'm still pretty freaking busy dealing with my inlaws and my parents. My wife is over making the old people ouch right now and tomorrow is house clean up day. I'm not getting a break. I have to be on your side of the state Wednesday for a doc appointment on Thursday so that shoots three days in the ***, maybe more if my parents are aren't behaving and I need to stay there and beat them back into line.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

-
Back