Estimated HP/TQ

-

tyler1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good evening,

Currently having a 408 built for my duster and wanted to get your guys opinions on the build and a rough HP/TQ estimate. How will this engine operate on the street? Will be running a 727/3500 stall with a 3.91 sure grip.

2001 Magnum Block - .30 Over
Forged rotating assembly - 10/1 Compression ratio
Hughes Cam - Specs below
Hughes CNC Super Prepped Iron Ram Heads milled to 62cc
1.6 Ratio Hughes Roller Rockers
Hughes gasket Matched Holley Strip Dominator
Doug's Headers
Holley XP-750

SER3842ALN10.jpg

strokers are great on the street
im guessing you will be making 430 HP and 470 Ft Lbs

It better make 475+ and 500+ tq or something is wrong.

I would not use a strip dominator on it if it were mine.

Seems like hughes wants a LOT of $ for the super prepped stuff. I'd ask around about using that head or inquiry with other builders that have similar products. Just seems steep $'s if you don't already have them.

Any reason why on the strip dominator? I already have the heads, I ended up getting the heads pretty cheap off craigslist so I don't have a ton of money into them, even with the super prep work.

Prefer other intakes in that range. If you have the SD, then go with it.

An Air Gap would make for a bunch more mid with little to no give up near the top is my guess. Depends on how well the SD is ported, the issues aren't at the port opening. They are in the plenum area.

Small plenum that could use some smoothing IMO. I still think it’ll be good up top since the cam is small as well. It’ll be good IMO.

Use what ya got and GO!

I picked up the SD at a swap meet for 50 bucks. I'm assuming it will be fine. I am coming from a worn out, low compression 360 so I have a feeling this new set up will feel pretty stout regardless of intake.

I think you will be fine with that intake, if you really have a 3500 stall, and 3.91s it should be fine with a 27-28” tire you will probably have,I’d say ittl be pretty snappy! Plus down the road you can always pick up a rpm intake or something of the sort pretty cheap and give it a try to test out

-
Back