Ever find money in a pocket?

-

hellion_locdogg

Slant Sickness
Reaction score
Well I went to the Credit Union at work today to see how much more I owe on a loan I have there. The clerk tells me my balance on the loan and in the account I opened to pay the loan. I never check it because they don't have online banking. Well low and behold I've got $653 in there. I know paying my loan down would be the responsible thing to do. But I've been drooling over a set of 17x7 Coys for some time now. I also just sold a guitar to a friend for $250. Looks like I know what I'm getting for christmas!!!

I'm leaning towards polished or just maybe gun metal.. I'll keep you guys updated.

,Cliff

IMO, get rid of the debt. It makes your credit and standing with the credit union better while opening up the abilty to get bigger loans and quickly since they see your not just responseable, but pay early!

The rims will allways be there.

About 3 weeks after I quit drinking I started finding large sums of money in all my pockets, after about 3 months I had 5 paychecks I hadnt even cashed in my billfold......damn shoulda quit sooner.

I reached into my pocket the other day I found a secrete hole and in that I found a big
roll of quarters! so I played with it far a while, and it got bigger and bigger so I made a deposit. LOL

Kenny

When I find money in a pocket it is usually someone else pocket.

LOL, I didn't wanna say that.........

Total debt is $7k at 4% so $800 is only a drop in the pond. I make good money anyhow so that loan will only last about 2 years with me. I pay max on most my loans anyway, that's why I don't have the "extra" cash. I could cut payments down and save but it would be the same as spending the $800. Plus I'd rather have the rims now... lol Good lookin out though guys.

,Cliff

I was parting a 67 valiant(4 door) a couple months back and found $220 in 20s all dated 1963,there not mint but there mine.

I got an unexpected bonus this year, and used the money to help pay to
put Vinyl Siding on my house.The place looks Much better, and with the
insulation under it, my house is warmer too.

do what YOU want buddy....I have 800 bucks I owe on one credit card...I pay 100 a month on it to bring it down quicker...But, when it does get lower, say around 3 or 400, i sometimes bring it right back up. LOL

Total debt is $7k at 4% so $800 is only a drop in the pond. I make good money anyhow so that loan will only last about 2 years with me. I pay max on most my loans anyway, that's why I don't have the "extra" cash. I could cut payments down and save but it would be the same as spending the $800. Plus I'd rather have the rims now... lol Good lookin out though guys.

,Cliff
Is it just me or does he sound like he must be working for the Obama administration in charge of the budget? :smilebox:

WTF is that suposed to mean? It's my money and I pay my bills so who the F are you to pass judgement? :thebirdm:

So by your logic smart guy if anyone has ANY type of home, auto or other loan they are not aloud to spend any "extra" money on anything except said loans? That is asenine. I never said anywhere in this post that I was using my alotted payment for these rims.

WTF is that suposed to mean? It's my money and I pay my bills so who the F are you to pass judgement? :thebirdm:
If that's true, why did you post a thread to get our opinion or approval? Jeeezzz, some people can't take a joke. :finga:

Actually I was just sharing, I thought it was cool to "find" some extra money for something I've wanted for a while. :angry7:

Actually I was just sharing, I thought it was cool to "find" some extra money for something I've wanted for a while. :angry7:

I agree, I saved a little bit at a time, for 3 years, and then got the Longevity Bonus at work, 8)
{ thought for sure some lawyers at work would find a loophole to deny us}
and was Finally able to get the siding put on the house, with the help of some Friends.

Get the rims, even if you can only do 2 at a time, so you can pay the bills on time.

Merry Christmas

I think as long as your bills are being paid, you should be able to spend "found" money any way you want!! I'm in the market for wheels also. Post some picts!!!

Pay off the loan. Never get another one. If you can make a payment, plus interest, every month, you can save for anything you want and pay cash. Somehow, we learn about loans, but no one ever teaches us about saving. Yeah, it takes discipline. -Horrors!-
My wife and I don't owe anyone anything. We just bought living room furniture. After we were given the bottom line, we mentioned we'd be paying cash, and the price dropped $300.
JMO

I think as long as your bills are being paid, you should be able to spend "found" money any way you want!! I'm in the market for wheels also. Post some picts!!!

Thank you , my point exactly.

Long story short I was in the Army bought a new truck cash with saved Army money. Got out and only made pennies and got the loans for things I needed. I now work for Honeywell making MUCH more and loans are being paid.

I will post pics when I get em.

My aunt did about ten years ago and some of her "friends" got to her house in Calif. before we were able to get there. A lot of valuable stuff was missing including a whopper diamond ring, some other jewelry, some valuable art, and of course any cash as my aunt was know for hoarding cash and keeping it in her house. They had even gone through her files and papers and we knew that because they were put back in the file cabinet willy-nilly.
We packed her entire house hold in a uhaul and brought it back to fl to divvy it up between us when we could all get together because we were at that time all spread out all around the country. Anyway...when we started going through the file cabinet the top drawer would not close when we were finished. We undid the latches to pull the drawer out and a paper package that had been taped to the inside of the file cabinet behind the drawer had fallen down and wouldnt let the drawer close. Inside was $30,000 in cash, six bundles of 100 dollar bills each stack worth 5 grand. The tape that held it was so old that it had turned a yellowish/orange.That was in 2001. my share paid to finish a 440 Duster which I had to sell 4 years later when I came home from work one day to see the blue positive indicator on my wifes pregnancy test.

-
Back