Excited - gotta share

-

67CudaBob

Reaction score
Gotta share and you all are the only ones that will care. My wife and daughter don't seem to care that much....lol.

I just landed a 5.9 magnum with 102k miles out of a rear ended 99 Ram, complete with an engine stand, a new engine hoist, AND it is being delivered to my house tomorrow night. All for $450 (very fair price for my area especially considering the stand and new hoist included)

The guy pulled it for his 1970 challenger, but he gave up on the E body project. He sold the car, and the buyer didn't want the 5.9, so I am helping him clean out his garage.:cheers:

I bought a 'complete' low mileage 86 360-4bbl out of a camper 4 years ago. I went to look at it and for $300, I passed because it didnt have a carb like the ad said and I didnt have a way to get it home as the guy said its tonight or never. Well, after telling him I was passing because of no carb and no way to pick it up, he calls me later that night and says he needs it gone and he'll take $200 for it AND will deliver...20 minutes later its sitting in my driveway on my furniture dolley! Good deals are out there.

OMG! (Lots of evil laughter)
What a score!
Yes yes, carb or injection? Complete with harness and computer?
Oh dang! Did ya get the flywheel?

as we go further North, seems like better engines, and as ya go South better sheetmetal. i'm her in the middle, wore out everything!!!! they drive everything till it goes no more!! ha

Thanks guys! I will fill the thread in after delivery is made tonight after work. I have been burned getting too excited on handshake deals before they happen - but I just couldn't help myself last night.

Good luck. I was just fooled by a craigslist deal too good to be true, I'm pretty sure 50% of the sellers are a bunch of crackheads or something. Sorry, I'm still pissed:protest:

Hope the deal goes as planned. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is on his way here, so all good so far! He did admit he had someone offering him more trying to get him to sell it out from under me. I complimented him on his integrity and that I would have cold beer waiting for him.

Cool, that's a very good deal.

Guys around here are wanting $600-$800 for a 5.2 and close to $1000 for a good 5.9

I should have made the trip when I first saw it on Craigslist looks like you did good

He even tossed in an Edelbrock 1405 - said he just wanted it all out of the garage.

Popped a valve cover off while he was still here and it looks real clean.

I bought my Duster from a guy in Pine City, MN. He knew I was coming up the next afternoon to buy it. He told me about an hour after him and I got off the phone he had someone call that was much closer and could pick it up that night. He stuck by his word and gave me first dibs. Always comforting to know there are good people out there still, with class and integrity when making a deal.

-
Back