Exhaust Manifolds

-
Yes it is and there's not even a working heat riser. I wouldn't want a working one anyway but if you were restoring a car, you would pay that price for a perfect pair.
For a restored car, probably. But then it would have to have a working heat riser and the studs would have to be there and in good condition. But, for what I want to do $900 is outrageous. Like I said before, everyone thinks those 340's are golden and I've seen 360 cars out run a 340 car

For a restored car, probably. But then it would have to have a working heat riser and the studs would have to be there and in good condition. But, for what I want to do $900 is outrageous. Like I said before, everyone thinks those 340's are golden and I've seen 360 cars out run a 340 car
340's are golden.......And, their manifolds have no studs :):)

You have a lot to learn Dan.

What did you end up buying for a car?

dec72015.jpg

I buy burritos at Am-Pm, because burritos are to expensive at Taco Bell.

Picture 498.jpg

HiPo 340's on a 318

You have a make believe car? One day you'll have a real car
No I have a real car, you have me mixed up with a guy called Dan.
I also have a,set of mint costed 68-71 340 manifolds from my Challenger. I ran them on my De-Tuned 340. As I pulled the big cam, springs, high stall, and put better street gears so my wife coukd have A/C and go anywhere. Had simple 2.5" with stock tips back when she was using that car.
I also have a lowly
set of 72 up 340 date coded ones dated 73 for my car. I removed the heat riser, and mildly ported them. Had them surfaced.
Plan is 422six with Doug's but may end up after some use doing the same.
Swap smaller can, less stall, A/C and less gear, and manifolds.
This is not Make Believe

20230927_192221.jpg

stroker1.JPG

stroker11.jpg

Last edited:
In the real world most guys really just need on a mild small block street car ported 72 up ones! And a cheap Summit Racing 2.5" exhaust system with good muffs.
And could even get by with a little port-blend on 318 ones would be fine.
It's a mild street car you are talking about. (Dreaming Of)
It's the real world out there, not the Fast and the Furious.

No I have a real car, you have me mixed up with a guy called Dan.
I also have a,set of mint costed 68-71 340 manifolds from my Challenger. I ran them on my De-Tuned 340. As I pulled the big cam, springs, high stall, and put better street gears so my wife coukd have A/C and go anywhere. Had simple 2.5" with stock tips back when she was using that car.
I also have a lowly
set of 72 up 340 date coded ones dated 73 for my car. I removed the heat riser, and mildly ported them. Had them surfaced.
Plan is 422six with Doug's but may end up after some use doing the same.
Swap smaller can, less stall, A/C and less gear, and manifolds.
This is not Make Believe

View attachment 1716195808

View attachment 1716195809

View attachment 1716195810
That's awesome

Can we Make Believe big block A Bodies next time?

I don't think that I have a lot to learn

And that right there is your problem. You do have a lot to learn.

You can’t learn it at your key board. I know the weather screwed you. And to tell you the truth, ain’t no way on Gods green earth I’d drive in weather like that for a car. I’d have made the same decision as you on that one.

Once you get your car, your learning curve should be straight up.

-
Back