FABO Meet-N-Greet 2015 Mopars in the Park Farmington Minnesota....Be There!!!

-
You just make sure you have your video recorder ready for the time you let this old gear head in you monster 66 :burnout::burnout::burnout:

I will do! Funny, my dad keeps telling me not to beat on my car because he doesn't want it to break before you get a chance to drive it! Funny thing is I have been listening to him....well...a little lmao :burnout:

My Vote is the 83 W-150 slant :blob::blob::blob: :cheers:

I seen your truck at the Willmar show Sunday! I was there but not with a car in the show, you talked to my dad who is a member here ( FISHYPETE) and he had the 1959 Dodge Sweptside truck in the show. He said he talked to "the guy with the turbo slanty truck" and said you were a nice guy:glasses7:p

I seen the Dodge sweptside, that is a sweet and rare truck, 318 poly, red and crème? Glad to hear people like my mad scientist creation. In fact, I bought the 4 barrel turbo manifold from a guy at the swap meet in Willmar the year before, showed it to him, he loved it! Too bad it had to rain and later hail! I hope no one's cars got damaged, my truck is original with rust and dents, so I was not worried about the weather so much.

I'm getting closer! Last night I got some orange urethane sealer shot on the panels where bodywork is finished. Time to hang the front end back on and make it drivable again for the Summer and the event.
It's gonna look like a Halloween car this year.:D

:blob:

Attachments

• IMG_20150520_180857825_HDR.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20150520_180842933_HDR.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_20150520_193620336.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20150520_184839330_HDR.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_20150520_194246069.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_20150520_194717354.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 279
Plans changed I will be doing the trans/header swap tonight at work. sister is coming down for the weekend. graduation tomorrow.
Had the girlfriend drive the pickup to work and I drove the dart. Had all the parts (i hope) in the truck. Should be a little easier to do with a hoist and trans jack. Not sure how the exhaust is going to work. Going from headmans to dougs. depending how far off it is I might be rocking straight headers.

1432221303_zps3c2873a0.jpg

OK. I just checked the 10 day forecast and "they say" sunny and 70*

Ted

OK. I just checked the 10 day forecast and "they say" sunny and 70*

Ted

There ya go, now you jinxed us LOL just kidding, I hear there's a 50/50 chance of rain all summer! Either way it should be a great time, we can't change mother nature! I just hope they can get the burnout contest in this year!

There ya go, now you jinxed us LOL just kidding, I hear there's a 50/50 chance of rain all summer! Either way it should be a great time, we can't change mother nature! I just hope they can get the burnout contest in this year!

You know, the moment that I sent that I said to myself "I just jinx the entire event"!

Headers are in (What a pain in the butt to install. had to remove the steering column and the pitman arm) Started the swap at 2:30 didn't get out of there until 11:30 at night. Transmission is in, driveshaft, rear yoke. The shift cable is too short. Had a spare that came with the quicksilver. Its a foot longer. Not sure how I ended up with a 3 footer but I do remember melting a couple cables in the past.

After work cable swap and I should be good to go.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EUm5vcjLM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EUm5vcjLM[/ame]

Wow! Sounds great. You might need some exhaust though! LOL

The steering coupler bracket hit the headers. It is currently taped up. Should last at least the weekend. Hahahah

Bump for the final week!

By the way what time is everyone showing up Saturday morning... Oh and are any of meeting up to cruise down there together? Doug?

Bump for the final week!

By the way what time is everyone showing up Saturday morning... Oh and are any of meeting up to cruise down there together? Doug?

I haven't from anyone yet besides you that might want to meet up here and cruise down. I am also open to having anyone stop by for a beer Friday, early evening, who may be coming in that night and passing near my place on their way to their hotels. ( I am a mile off the exit at Hwy 52 & 80th street in Inver Grove Heights).

Not a A Body but this is what Mopar Joe is bringing. It's a SE 383 /2 air car , power window, 6 way seat, numbers drivetrain, original purple. It should be fun to see all the attention it gets. I'll sure it will sell. You guys getting together on Saturday?

Attachments

• 20150527_205723.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 222
  • 20150527_205519.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 20150527_205500.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 203
Hey guys, I have been trying to get to this show for years, and it's finally going to happen! Bringing the 68 original, so figured class 2800 was the one for me. Can't wait to meet some of you guys that I see posting on here all the time and maybe enjoy a beer or two (horsepower and beer always go together, don't they?).

Anyways, anyone staying at the Holiday Inn off I-35 at exit 81? I plan on rolling in to hotel late Friday afternoon if anyone else staying there.

We have a sitter coming at 6am. Probably get there around 9ish. (If the car holds together) Like usual the swap meet will own me until a solid 10:30-11.

The exhaust got welded up this morning. Steering wheel is crooked from the header install.(plan on taking the wheel of and repositioning it in the splines) Trans cooler lines are leaking. (Thread tape on the adapter should fix it). Need to retorque the header bolts. Should be rapped up after work today.
The new headers fixed the vibration issue!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if Im going to be able to make it now.. I have a damn antifreeze leak and I believe its a blown head gasket, but still diagnosing. I have the engine opened up right now and I took the next two days off to try to get it up and running for the show..

-
Back