FABO representing on Grand.

-
As you probably know, this past Friday was the opening night for Cruising Grand 2011. Bottom line...I made it out there only due to Justin's (1Wild&crazyguy) help! Over several phone calls, he was able to pretty much talk me through piecing my car back together soo that I could make the Cruise Friday night. Let's just say I learned a lot about how the dash goes together, and what "not to do" to my Auto column/trans linkage!#-o

I owe ya a beer buddy...or three! Thanks again man!!!

If i ever get the roof welded on the 69 anytime soon id love to show up to the cruise and meet other members/enthusiasts. was just looking at the event site and saw that there is no Mopar weekly club sponsored date.... whats up with that???... one spot open in may.... i know are kind have a club in SD or south OC that can do it...

Hey Dart,

There is a Mopar night, and the local "Mopar club of San Diego" is a part of it. What it looks like they have done in the past is double up on some nights, and will have two clubs out there...also could be that last date in May that says "open" on the schedule.That schedule is not quite 100% up to date. In talking with the guy who is running the show (Steve), he did mention there was a Mopar night already setup. I will have to contact him again to find out the exact date.

You have my word that when we get a FABO gathering together, I will make sure you are in the loop!

Let me find out when Mopar night is, then I will start the wheels on getting a gathering going!

Hey bmxican!!!!

I will be there! This is the first one I have been to in almost a month (weddings, family gathering, school, etc.). I will not have my ride though, as it is currently without an engine. I have just been either too busy working on the car,or too lazy to start a thread on here.
I have been lagging on setting up another gathering of the FABO locals...but there are a few of us w/o cars atm due to something or other.

MOPAR night is July 8th!

Here is a little sample of why I can't take my car tomorrow!:mrgreen:
IMG_1278small.jpg

Seabee; Yes I am replacing the slant. Unfortunately I don't have the time or place to learn/build the engine myself. I am having Brian at IMM do the buildup. Thank you to 64physhy for the recommendation!

Burntorange70; it starts at 5pm officially each Friday, but there are people showing up a few hours earlier.

Just a heads up, Grand seems to be more popular than normal this year, and they have closed off an additional set of side streets for cars to park now! Should be a good time this year on MOPAR night!:mrgreen:

Hey dude, it was good running into you.
I got my lady all stocked on Mopars, I let her drive the newest addition to the family: the 63 Valiant. She loves it!

We had a good ol' time and have the 8th of July marked down on the calendar. Wish my Barracuda would be done by then! :(
We'll probably take the Valiant and the truck.

Hope to see you and other members there! Let me know if you need anything. Here's a few pics!

IMG00472-20110610-1917.jpg

IMG00473-20110610-1917.jpg

IMG00475-20110610-1918.jpg

IMG00434-20110520-1807.jpg

IMG00341-20110429-1825.jpg

IMG00338-20110429-1819.jpg

IMG00470-20110610-1914.jpg

Here's a few more from tonight! It was rad seeing you again Chris! Glad to hear the girlie is getting into it with you bro! trust me, it makes car related decisions soo much easier... If I were swapping the engine in a tuner, I'd be signing divorce papers!:tongue5:

BTW...DAMNIT! I keep missing that Demon. I have been wanting to get a good look at it...Next Friday I guess. Grumble.

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

A sick 4 door!
IMG_1310.jpg

Last but Definitely not least...bmxican's new ride!
IMG_1317.jpg

I know Justin!!! Looks like I just scored most of a 4spd setup, so I will be converting to that as well. I will be w/o a car for some time now, but the end result will be an epic win!

Car or not, I'll make the hangouts! Dying to see your car Justin, and get a better look at your new ride Chris!

67signet, welcome to the fold!:hello2:

hey socal fellas what is this i hear theres a mopar night in escondido i would like more info maybe i can get out there and meet you all

It's July 8. I'm sure Rocker'sDuster will pput out more info before then, just keep checking this thread.

Duster or Barracuda?

You bet I will! Working on getting a location to park, but may not be able to pull through this year, as management has changed.

The event is bigger and better than ever though!

-
Back