FABO representing on Grand.

-
Julian is a nice drive, and they have good apple pie there. Just have to watch out for the sport bike riders all over the road on the way there.

I had a few people say they had never seen these cars around and wanted to know what club we were with. I told them all about FABO so we will see if we get any more members out of it. My wife and I had a good time. Had a lot of fun and it was nice to BS with you all about your cars and to check them out up close. Hope I did not drule all over them to much. We have to do some thing like this again some time for sure.

Me too! I wish I had more time to meet up with you guys. I had so many more questions and wanted to look at your cars more in depth.

I left for food and a walk too, but didn't find anything as cool as our lot. I like the variety of 340 four speed cars we had there. :toothy10: My wife is still dumbfounded at how I manage to meet so many cool people online. Haha!

Lets do a road trip next time, I think the boys up north did something a few months ago in the bay area. A few hundred miles, some food, and some shop talk should do it. By the way mygwenevere66 I was looking at your hood scoop and the wheels were going round. I wanted to ask how many hours did it talk to create it? Its funny cause the general consensus is that tunnel rams are unstreetable, I ran one on my 360 years ago and it was the moststreetable intake I have ever owned! Very cool car man, I wish we had gotten to talk more.

I had a lot of people ask me if my car was real. I told them to touch it, then ask them if its real! Haha.
thanks.the scoop took about a day.i have a hilborn style that i originally cut the hood for.so the one on there now had to fit the existing opening.it would have taken less time but my shop was a real wreck the day i built it.the manifold is less streetable than an eddy rpm,but more than a torker or m1.when i get my 390 cfm vac carbs finished that may change though.

thanks.the scoop took about a day.i have a hilborn style that i originally cut the hood for.so the one on there now had to fit the existing opening.it would have taken less time but my shop was a real wreck the day i built it.the manifold is less streetable than an eddy rpm,but more than a torker or m1.when i get my 390 cfm vac carbs finished that may change though.

After seeing your set up, you've really got me thinking of putting a tunnel ram on my stroker.

Finally tore the stroker down today. 2 of the cam bearings are completely toasted, a couple of main bearings are scored, not really bad though, and one of the rod bearings has a little scoring.

It was cool to meet you guys. I promise that next time I'll get my POS Ford out of the way so I can bring my Dart and also hang out for longer.

Next meet I'm bringing my timing light and metering rods for you Pros and we'll play a game of "Who Can Get It the Closest". Hopefully by then the points system will be gone though. Winner gets an ice cold beer and a pat on the back.

It was cool to meet you guys. I promise that next time I'll get my POS Ford out of the way so I can bring my Dart and also hang out for longer.

You should of rounded up a push party prior to meeting up with us. I woulda come over pushed a Ford to drive a Mopar any day!

Next meet I'm bringing my timing light and metering rods for you Pros and we'll play a game of "Who Can Get It the Closest". Hopefully by then the points system will be gone though. Winner gets an ice cold beer and a pat on the back.

and I...sir.. will bring a holley and win the whole thing!

You should of rounded up a push party prior to meeting up with us. I woulda come over pushed a Ford to drive a Mopar any day!

Haha I should have. My driveway is kinda steep and the darn thing weighs over 2 tons...I'd need a bunch of help.

It's a Carter/Eddy style carb? 650? Changing rods and even jets in that style of carb is easy. It is knowing what to change them to that is the hard part.

It's a Carter/Eddy style carb? 650? Changing rods and even jets in that style of carb is easy. It is knowing what to change them to that is the hard part.

I've been back n forth with different rod/jet combos on the Ebelbrock sheet just can't get it quite there. I don't have the ear that you guys have to really dial it in.

I've been back n forth with different rod/jet combos on the Ebelbrock sheet just can't get it quite there. I don't have the ear that you guys have to really dial it in.

set it up like the 1405-100 jets/73 rods for now.

but really ..what do the plugs look like?
does it bog or surge while on the freeway?

I have a 1406 and it was leeeeeeeeeeean at cruise with my mild 318 that I had

I have some holley vac sec carbs laying around, and gaskets to freshen them up..

Exactly...

Last person that really started to run my Dart down, I politely said, "For $13,500, you can fix it any way you like. I'll take cash, you got it on you?" That just about ended that conversation.

Build it the way you want to and have fun. That's what it's all about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Wade could build a big bbq grill with his skill, then buy a bunch of good porterhouse steaks and we have a party... LOL

J/K Wade.
and i suppose you want me to cook and chew them for you as well lol. j/k

set it up like the 1405-100 jets/73 rods for now.

but really ..what do the plugs look like?
does it bog or surge while on the freeway?

I have a 1406 and it was leeeeeeeeeeean at cruise with my mild 318 that I had

I have some holley vac sec carbs laying around, and gaskets to freshen them up..

Plugs look good, no bogging or surging. I have it pretty damn close through trial and error with the carb. I think most of it is not dialing the timing. Replacing the rusty fuel tank and lines might be a starting point too. I need a nanny.

Plugs look good, no bogging or surging. I have it pretty damn close through trial and error with the carb. I think most of it is not dialing the timing. Replacing the rusty fuel tank and lines might be a starting point too. I need a nanny.

is that nanny or tranny? ha

If you ever wanna cruise it over to my house we can recurve the distributor, I have all the springs, grinder, and welder to shorten the slots + a dial back timing light to check everything.

let me know.

btw everyone, today is the long beach car show at the sports arena
and it's also the last cruisin grand tonite in esco...

I'm going to long beach and probably the last grand tonite.

Damn, I won't be there. Wife made dinner plans for our son's birthday.
I'm heding to Indio this afternoon to drop the stroker off with Brian.

Awww...Your son will have plenty of birthdays, theres always next year lol! J/K:toothy10:

We will definately have to do another gathering in October/November, when we can all get together again and just relax... a winter BBQ!

-
Back