FABO representing on Grand.

-
We had a real fun time. It was good to get together with so many members. We should try and do something like this again sometime.

Well I just got home after the 150 mile round trip (with 4.10s no less) and had a great time. What a great bunch of guys, however I think I already lost a few names in my memory. Very cool, maybe we should start our own cruise night, there certainly was enough of us. I will post some pics when I get my memory card adapter. Awesome pics guys thanks for sharing.

Straight up; Southern California FABO members are top quality, stand up people! It was an absolute pleasure hanging with all of you guys (and girls)! We definitely made ourselves known tonight, and we looked dead sexy all parked together! Enough gab, let’s see some pictures!

Let's start off with Roll Call!

Burntorange70
nitro11.jpg

turbodart68
nitro25.jpg

1wild&crazyguy
nitro12.jpg

Rocker'sDuster
nitro17.jpg

64physhy
nitro15.jpg

Seabee
nitro14.jpg

Mad Dart
nitro13.jpg

mygwenevere66
nitro8.jpg

Crackedback
nitro9.jpg

bmxican
nitro2.jpg

Nicest guy, but I can't recall his Screen name
nitro10.jpg

Patrick. Don't know if he has a screen name on FABO.
nitro16.jpg

The next 4 are distance shots of the lineup going left to right.

nitro3.jpg

nitro4.jpg

nitro5.jpg

nitro6.jpg

Random shots of the group...Yes I know crackedback's head has been replaced with an eyeball. He asked me to keep his identity a secret for our own safety...lol

nitro22.jpg

nitro24.jpg

nitro20.jpg

nitro19.jpg

nitro7.jpg

I really like the black and white side by side here!
nitro21.jpg

What it looked like from the street...BADASS!
nitro18.jpg

and finally a night shot I really liked.
nitro1.jpg

We need to get together more...just for the hell of it! JohhnyB, it was nice to meet you as well, keep in touch dude!
I also wanted to throw a big shout out to Craig for setting aside a place for us to park! Things went perfectly man, so thank you:cheers:.

Rock on! \m/

Hey Justin, also wanted to mention your dad is an awesome dude!

Also as we were leaving, I got stopped by the guy with the Primer black 340 Duster. He asked if we were a club, and if/where we meet up. I explained it to him, and gave him the address to the site...so be on the look out for another SoCal member on FABO!

\m/

That is just too awesome!!! :cheers:

So cool to see all the A-bodies together in one spot. And I'm diggin' that Super Bee! =P~ Looks like y'all had a great time. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. :thumbup:

Wylde1.

I took a ton more pics but have a crappy SD card giving me errors. It was funny watching so many people walk into our little parking lot and turning right back around mumbling "Meh, it's just a bunch of Mopars". I think even the Mopar Club Regulars walked through a couple times scratching their heads at the assembly of A-Body Drivers.

it was a good time although difficult for me to fully enjoy .i was destroyed from the project i been working on.if we do this again i think a BBQ and coolers are in order.its a nice change to be at a show with a group that owns/works on "drivers" not trailer queens.i look forward to another meet.

Fun time. Good to meet up with the guys from last time and a few new people, turbodart, physhy, seabee.

I saw Craig who set up the parking and thanked him. He said if we wanted to meet again, he could assist with parking.

Yeah just a bunch of junky mopars... LMAO.

I think even the Mopar Club Regulars walked through a couple times scratching their heads at the assembly of A-Body Drivers.

I'm surprised they even knew what they were, sans turbodart's Bee, from some of the meetings I've had with members from the SD club.

I'm surprised they even knew what they were, sans turbodart's Bee, from some of the meetings I've had with members from the SD club.

I was in the SD Mopar club years ago. There are a lot of snobs who didn't really pay any attention to the A body guys in the club. That's part of the reason I'm no longer a member.

Well put Rob. Even though I have only had an A-body a little over a year, I have already come to realize that some "Mopar guys" know nothing beyond a Superbee, Charger, or Cuda. It's as if "Mopar" only consist of those cars LOL.

Wade, I agree 100% dude. Cruising Grand was a great starting point for getting us all together. Being West coast members makes us fortunate because we do not have an "off season" where we can't really drive our cars. All it takes is a date/time/location, and we can make it happen... whether three members or twenty, we have proven it will be a blast.

I didn't leave the lot where we were parked once last night...I didn't want to risk missing out on good conversation with friends; even though it was the biggest night on Grand!

I didn't leave the lot where we were parked once last night...I didn't want to risk missing out on good conversation with friends; even though it was the biggest night on Grand!

You didn't miss much. I walked up to the Nitro cars, and the little display they put on was rather cheezy.

I made a dash for food and was pretty overwhelmed by the noise and crowds gawking over the pristine trailer queens lining the main street. I spent most of the evening just looking at our A bodies. They all had their own unique cool factor. From really sharp, really fast, really Retro, and really mean looking, we had all bases covered, at least for my taste.

I won't name names, but I had my car "Professionally analyzed" by some A-Hole at a show who name-dropped his club even after I told him almost everything on my Fish was unoriginal except some of the drive train etc.. He didn't seem to understand that I liked my "mix-matched cruiser" the way it was. I think our little nook represented personal taste and saw some people who took interest in that.

I won't name names, but I had my car "Professionally analyzed" by some A-Hole at a show who name-dropped his club even after I told him almost everything on my Fish was unoriginal except some of the drive train etc.. He didn't seem to understand that I liked my "mix-matched cruiser" the way it was. I think our little nook represented personal taste and saw some people who took interest in that.

Exactly...

Last person that really started to run my Dart down, I politely said, "For $13,500, you can fix it any way you like. I'll take cash, you got it on you?" That just about ended that conversation.

Build it the way you want to and have fun. That's what it's all about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Wade could build a big bbq grill with his skill, then buy a bunch of good porterhouse steaks and we have a party... LOL

J/K Wade.

Maybe Wade could build a big bbq grill with his skill, then buy a bunch of good porterhouse steaks and we have a party... LOL

J/K Wade.

Or after Wade collects an enough titanium body parts he can construct a Titanium Robot to smash Chevy and Ford owners lol.

Hey Justin, also wanted to mention your dad is an awesome dude!\m/

Thanx.
He had a good time hangin out and talking cars with everyone as well.

I took a ton more pics but have a crappy SD card giving me errors. It was funny watching so many people walk into our little parking lot and turning right back around mumbling "Meh, it's just a bunch of Mopars". I think even the Mopar Club Regulars walked through a couple times scratching their heads at the assembly of A-Body Drivers.

I seen a few of those guys, poor them..must suck to walk in they're shoes.
A couple 'barnacales' walked over to my car with arms crossed and wrinkles of judgment across their foreheads...ha ha
I laughed at'em and said ''yeah it was slant car..but not anymore..''

Fun time. Good to meet up with the guys from last time and a few new people, turbodart, physhy, seabee.
Yeah just a bunch of junky mopars... LMAO.

As funny as it was to watch.. next time will all ante in on a p/s pump.loljk

I made a dash for food and was pretty overwhelmed by the noise and crowds gawking over the pristine trailer queens lining the main street. I spent most of the evening just looking at our A bodies. They all had their own unique cool factor. From really sharp, really fast, really Retro, and really mean looking, we had all bases covered, at least for my taste.

Yeah most of the club guys I wouldn't hang with if you paid me.

But I had a couple/few come up and really actually dig on the
whole meet we set up, and asked if we would join the SD mopar club.
Those duders were cool.. but the rest?
I revert back to my 1st statement.

Or after Wade collects an enough titanium body parts he can construct a Titanium Robot to smash Chevy and Ford owners lol.
well,i have access to a bag full of ti/ss parts left over from cremation.they smell a little like burt ham when you weld or grind on them .a long time ago i thought about joining a car club or 2,but was so disgusted by the mentality they had i decided not to.what it boils down to for me is that im the only one that has to like my car,or how i set it up for that matter.im rather proud of the fact that its mainly built from vintage or junk yard parts.or that the great majority of things done to it were done by me.its ok not to conform.i love it when people say "it wont work"when they have never tried it themselves.or they ask where i got "that" and i get to say i made it.its not high dollar chevies or phords that i dis-like,just alot of the folks that drive them lol........its getting to be really nice on the mountain this time of year and maybe worth a drive up here........

it was a good time although difficult for me to fully enjoy .i was destroyed from the project i been working on.if we do this again i think a BBQ and coolers are in order.its a nice change to be at a show with a group that owns/works on "drivers" not trailer queens.i look forward to another meet.

Me too! I wish I had more time to meet up with you guys. I had so many more questions and wanted to look at your cars more in depth.

I left for food and a walk too, but didn't find anything as cool as our lot. I like the variety of 340 four speed cars we had there. :toothy10: My wife is still dumbfounded at how I manage to meet so many cool people online. Haha!

well,i have access to a bag full of ti/ss parts left over from cremation.they smell a little like burt ham when you weld or grind on them .a long time ago i thought about joining a car club or 2,but was so disgusted by the mentality they had i decided not to.what it boils down to for me is that im the only one that has to like my car,or how i set it up for that matter.im rather proud of the fact that its mainly built from vintage or junk yard parts.or that the great majority of things done to it were done by me.its ok not to conform.i love it when people say "it wont work"when they have never tried it themselves.or they ask where i got "that" and i get to say i made it.its not high dollar chevies or phords that i dis-like,just alot of the folks that drive them lol........its getting to be really nice on the mountain this time of year and maybe worth a drive up here........

Lets do a road trip next time, I think the boys up north did something a few months ago in the bay area. A few hundred miles, some food, and some shop talk should do it. By the way mygwenevere66 I was looking at your hood scoop and the wheels were going round. I wanted to ask how many hours did it talk to create it? Its funny cause the general consensus is that tunnel rams are unstreetable, I ran one on my 360 years ago and it was the moststreetable intake I have ever owned! Very cool car man, I wish we had gotten to talk more.

I had a lot of people ask me if my car was real. I told them to touch it, then ask them if its real! Haha.

julian is not a few hundred miles away,but worth the hour or so drive.they do a car show up here now and then.there is also a few art and music festivals happening soon.

-
Back