FABO representing on Grand.

-
it was a good turn out last night.the car ran really good on the way home.although i had one of the typical comments from one of the gm crowd about how "its alot of money away from being finished".and "i bet you lost alot of torque with that intake manifold".i proceeded to explain that low end response was really good with the right tuning.the money comment i thought was great.i was just talking with a member of fabo an hour before about how most of of what i used on the car was vintage,swapmeet,or junkyard sourced.....

A car being done is done to some and not to others, I say Phuck em'
There are so many chevrolets out there I don't even really bother to look at them. If it is a low rider, I admire them a whole bunch more than the typical HR Chevrolet crowd!

Very true Louis and Wade! I find myself searching the sea of Chevys and Mustangs for cool unique cars!
Although I couldn't hangout very long, it was nice BS'ing bout cars with you guys!

btw...for our 1 year anniversary, my wife just got me Embroidered "Duster" floor mats for the car. Even had the lettering done in Orange to match! She's a KEEPER!:cheers:

Very true Louis and Wade! I find myself searching the sea of Chevys and Mustangs for cool unique cars!
Although I couldn't hangout very long, it was nice BS'ing bout cars with you guys!

btw...for our 1 year anniversary, my wife just got me Emroidered "Duster" floor mats for the car. Even had the lettering done in Orange to match! She's a KEEPER!:cheers:

Oh nice! Pics soon? Where did she get them?

I've been spamming pics of your Duster to my best friend who had a 74 Gold Duster when we where in high school. He always swore he would get another when he "Made it". Now he's an upper level management guy at a big corporation and drives a frippin' Prius Hybrid. He's so jealous of your car and especially the tire/wheel combo. His had 195's pizza cutters and he always wanted your setup. His wife's a serious environmentalist so I doubt even with his big salary he will be allowed to get another Duster. So daily email torture and de-masculinization is quite fun.

He said about 2 weeks. I want to go though. Maybe we can meet up and ride together. Do you happen to have a stand to put it on that I can borrow when I go pick it up? They were getting the Engine Masters EFI engine ready to run on the Dyno when I was dropping it off.

Hey Seabee...Here a lil torment for your buddy!
mod1.jpg

My wife is now pushing for a TUFF wheel, and the correct adapter! Seriosuly thinking I should turn over the interior restoration to her! LOL

He said about 2 weeks. I want to go though. Maybe we can meet up and ride together. Do you happen to have a stand to put it on that I can borrow when I go pick it up? They were getting the Engine Masters EFI engine ready to run on the Dyno when I was dropping it off.

Ok sounds good. Yes I have a stand to put it on so it is off the bed of the truck, no scratches and you can leave the headers on it also! You can use it if our timing does not work out! I have also used a Truck Tire. They work well also, just lower the engine off his hoist center in the tire.

View attachment 006.jpg

Hey Seabee...Here a lil torment for your buddy!

My wife is now pushing for a TUFF wheel, and the correct adapter! Seriosuly thinking I should turn over the interior restoration to her! LOL

It's a trap! Soon she'll want to drive it to work a few times and before you know it you'll be driving the minivan!

You would have dug the Speed Festival today. Tons of vintage Datsuns, Porsches, Cobras, and TA Muscle Cars etc racing all day. My freekin cheeks are sore from grinning so much.

I'll be putting my engine in this weekend, and partially rebuilding the front end while I have the engine out. What's with the name change?

Sorry I missed your question Wade. I have been pretty sick for the past week or so...just can't seem to shake it. I was planning to go, but this cold prevented me.

We gotta hang soon man, catch up! Same with Justin!!

Just gotta shake this damn thing first:angry7:

Let me know, I'll bring the Duster. I need to burn these crappy tires off so i can get some good ones.

Almost. All that's left is hooking up the fuel lines to the carb, the radiator, and exhaust. Also going to put in my new tach. A total of 3 hours max. If it wasn't raining, I probably would have finished all but the tach tonight.

It would be great to cruise Grand with you guys but if you check my build thread you'll see it will be quite awhile before the Dart is roadworthy. Hopefully it will be drivable by this fall. Maybe I could ride shotgun with someone....

My valiant is being prep'd for black paint, so I dunno.

BUT it is the good guys del mar nationals...and most of them will drive up to cruise grand like they do every year....sooooo we'll probably be there.

Awesome Justin! Looking forward to seeing it all black!

This is the first night of many to come, we will defiantely have time to put something together and get a large FABO gathering to show. :toothy8:

I won't be there for the first one. I'm in Ireland right now. The weekend after I get back is MATS so I won't make that one either.

I just wanted to share a couple of pictures from our local Friday “Cruising Grand”. It was a nice turn out of FABO dudes! I personally had a freaking blast! It was nice to catch up with a few I already knew, and really cool to meet a couple more for the 1st time! Even though his car wasn’t there, member bmxican also showed up to hang too!
I snapped a few of the cars, but didn’t even think to snap a group shot of the guys…next time.
On with the pics…

SAM_0083.jpg

SAM_0084.jpg

SAM_0087.jpg

I got there a few hours earlier and already parked in another area.

SAM_0062-1.jpg

Louis and Justin; it was cool catching up with you guys again! Hopefully I’ll see you both out there again soon! Beers for sure Justin!

Wade; Small world isn’t it man! We will keep in touch for sure. Sending you a PM after this post.

Rob, and Chris; It was nice to meet you guys in person! Thanks for the advice Rob, and I am sorry I forgot your friends name, but he had some great advice as well.

Hopefully we can represent in bulk on Grand again soon guys. Perhaps grab a few more of the FABO locals?
Rock on! \m/
nice line of rides,damn we need somthing like that up here!

-
Back