Factory 72 Swinger

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i dont blame you. thats y i wanna get rid of the blazer and like cars better then trucks. especialy that one. that is one sweet car man. i would keep it if i were you

I have always wanted a challenger or cuda. So I will work my way up to it.

Sorry but I don't see anyone trading an E-Body for your dart... If they do is will be a rusted non runner..... And as you say.... You are low on cash.

Give us an idea what you want for your car.

Your chances of "trading up" to an E Body that is worth anything is slim to none. Just go over to the E Body forum classified section and look at what those Cudas and Challengers are bringing in in the roughest shape you can find. Those cars are bringing stupid money and need TONS of money to even turn them back into something that even resembles a car.
Everyone else has said it, but it bears repeating. The car you have right now is a VERY sweet starting point of a project, one you can drive and work on at the same time. The parts for A Bodies aren't nearly as expensive as they are for E Bodies. This is a car that, if you part with it now, you'll be kicking yourself for later on down the road.
Nobody can force you to keep the car obviously. It's your choice, but, for lack of more politically correct temrinology, you'd be a bonehead to dump this car or trade it for an E Body that will need literally tens of thousands of dollars to bring back to the condition this car is already in.

i know that im not gonna get anything really nice i have seen a few slant six challengers that are going really cheap and a 318

and you never know

i will continue to fix this car until it either sells or decent trade

and i cant turn down a good offer

You have a decent car but for comparison sake i paid $1800 for a similiar car that a dad bought for his son and he wouldn't drive "that old granny car" to school and let his friends see him in it. Some kids. Like said you wont get much of a car on a trade but i do have one E body that would need a bunch of work but valued about the same. I would trade with ya if you insist. Good luck on your search
Small Block

I bought a 72 Dart, that was broken down-bad tranny, same color as yours, for $500. Fixed the tranny, sold it for $1200. For the last 4 years, I have regretted selling what would still be my daily driver . Take the advice KEEP and drive this car. Sharpen it up with wheels/tires, duals, etc. and enjoy driving it while you save up. just my 2¢ worth

Lots of people are looking for an unmolested car like that. The ones that have been "dicked" with are easy to find....

What I'm trying to say is.... It's one thing to build a car the way you want it.... It's another thing to mess with a good car you really don't want in hopes others will like what you have done....

If you really just want to sell it don't screw with it. Maybe get some rallies and BFG White letters......

The reason I say rallies and white letters is because they are a factory wheel with a classic look that almost everyone will be OK with...

When messing with a car to sell remember... Only make changes that will appeal to the widest variety of potential buyers.

What you may like I may not and I will just walk away because I don't want to pay for your taste in mods.

With a blank canvas like you have there, I'm not getting charged extra for things I don't want.

This is very good advice. If you have another goal in mind and you don't really want to end up this car, make carefull improvements.

Like, I think your bought some front and rear sway bars for it. If new, those were probably $200. You will never recoup that $200 at resell for a car in the state you have now. Spending $200 on (or toward a set of 14" sbp rallye rims or a repop set of dual snorkle hood scoops would help resale more.

This stuff you list here is going to kill the profit you will need to "trade up" to another car: Coming soon!! 70 grill, 70 bumpers, custom consle, centerlines, 360 MAGNUM, black buckets and the rest of the interior black, nice stereo, new paint, bumble bee stripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back