Factory style choke coil.

-

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
Does anyone know if some aftermarket makes a factory style aftermarket choke coil for a TQ manifold that would open up at a lower temperature than the factory item? I have no heat riser on the exhaust syst. and it takes a while for the choke coil to get hot enough to open.

Are you runnin a TQ? You can put an electric choke stove on them.

Do tell, and show if possible.

Sho nuff, bossman. Here you go. I had three of these, but I built one for HotLines (Joey Madden). ALL of the Ford application Thermoquads and the Superquads had the electric chokes, so that kinda limits the availability somewhat. But this dood has the housings in stock most all the time and the choke thermostats in from time to time, you just have to look.

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/category_s/70.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=70&show=80&page=1

If you look, you'll see he has the TQ electric choke housing in stock for 16 bucks. I have read that the TQ choke coil winds backwards from the other carters......but I don't have an AFB or AVS with electric choke to confirm it. If somebody can snatch one off an AVS or AFB, I can post a pic of my TQ choke t-stat and we can confirm or deny that rumor right quick. It would be neat if you could just use the AFB t-stat, because the housings seem pretty available. Here is the one I built for Joey. I have two more. I just recently relocated my second one, I thought I had lost it. This is a 9810S Superquad, btw.

Attachments

• DSCF2046.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF2047.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 83
Kimmer, I have choices of either std. or electric assist. What do you have???

Thank You, Kim

........Sorry, 4got about this thread..........i always add the electric assist to all my mopars, wheather 2 or 4 bbl.....its an electric assisted housing/coil + u need the resistor which bolts 2 the coil bracket....the choke set ups on the super quad work great 2...kim.........

-
Back