Fast Burn Haeds

-
Reaction score
:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:Hi Guys, looking for info on 1985 318 Fast Burn Heads #4323302. Thanks for any help.

I have a pair waiting to be prepped (valve job, surfacing, cleaning) for my 318 in my Duster. Should give a noticeable increase in torque, mostly on the low end, and gas mileage (in stock form). I really want to port them but right now I don't have the money or tools, and I'm also not running zero-deck pistons to really take advantage of the closed chambers.

Hi,I haven't heard of them before. I am guessing that they are the same as the swirl port heads. 1.77 intake and 1.50 exhaust with heart shaped chamber. I have purchased a set for my 318 Dart. They seem to be low to mid range power band. Should work well for mild street use.

i think fast burn is a GM term?

Yeah, but it basically means "swirl port" and/or closed chambers. I think the best deal right now is to just get a reman'd pair from eBay or a cylinder head company. The pair I had just checked out to be full of cracks and this is pretty common with late-model heads.

i think elgin ?? has reman 302s at a decent price.. I threw the catalog out..

Fast burn and lean burn heads are one and the same. They are heart shaped combustion chambers and mid 80's 318 used them (302 castings). toolman

-
Back