Fathers Day

-

66 Dartman

Reaction score
What's all the Dad's doin today.
I'm going for a nice long cruise then drink some cold beer's and a nice thick steak on the barbie.
Have a great day men!!!

Gonna go pic up a steak, watch some sprots, and try and download the few pic I have from the Old Town cruise nite.

Happy Fathers Day!

Celebrated with my daughter yesterday,went out for dinner so today I will be either wetsanding and painting my car or going to the drags.My wife is in China so I get to do whatever I want.Cool,eh?8)

I celebrated yesterday as my oldest son Garrett has to work today. Spent the whole day fishing with the 3 boys, then came home to a beautiful steak, mushrooms, grilled peppers. Today we are going to see my dad and take him out for lunch! And here is what the "boys" got me. I cant wait to hook it up!
Happy Fathers Day to all!!

DSCF0836 (Medium).JPG

Cold beer, a steak, and cruisin' sounds like a great day to me! Happy Fathers Day, dads!!

Putting my first drivers permit on the duster today. Going out with the family to the fathersday in the park car show in Mission BC. Then heading out to see my father inlaw. family freinds and cars can't beat that.

I've had my Dad visiting me all week.

Finally go tto ride in the cuda together, loved it.

I wish his Wife would have sent him down with some instrutions because I have had to take a crash course in brittle diabetes 101, and learn all I could over the internet and develop a plan for treatment as his memory is bad and basically needs babysat constantly so his pills, med and monitoring is on schedule.
She sent him down here with ZERO instructions or information.
It has been a pretty rough, but fun week and had three nights where his sugar dropped severely and had to bring him back up to safe levels.
He wigged out at a restaurant with my Sister and choked while having a sugar attack, almost died.
His Wife left him here for three weeks and is back home selling all his stuff he collected over the years and putting the home up for sale to downsize.
I think she is planning on ditching him because he is so hard to take care of as she works all day.

In his condition, it is a miracle he is still alive being that he is home alone most of the time.

My family had no idea he was this bad off, and I am going to tear her a new *** when she comes down here to pick him up and take him back home.

I have a feeling I may have to take him in as I won't let him rot in a nursing home.

I have Daughter's and a Wife and he makes some pretty dusgusting, inapropriate remarks about women in front of them, which he always had as he blames his entire life as a result of his divorce to my Mother, although it all stemmed from his blood sugar and bipolar condition which was not diagnosed until a few years ago. Weird how things come together like that.
I just have to remind him there are ladies in the room when he goes off on one of his rants.

Been a very interesting week to say the least.
he's going to stay with my twin Sister for a week and his Wife is coming down friday which will give us a chance to get some things off our chest and get some answers from her.

I feel bad for dad as I did not know he was this bad off as he never calls, probably fogets so we call him.
For the most part we have had alot of fun together, but I had absolutely zero free time as I've had to basically do everything for him and remind him to do this and that so we made a chart for him to follow throughout the day to keep him straight, medicated and monitored which works well.
I can only imagine how taxing this has to be on his Wife who works 12 hour days but she seems to think he manages himself rather well at home which I highly doubt given what I've had to deal with in just a short time.
Dad tells me he does not have any of these problems at home when he's but himself.

I think he just does not remember when he having problems because he goes blank when his blood glucose levels drop and I have nio idea how he would deal with that being home alone.

Three nights I found him curled up in a ball on the floor in a cold sweat, smelled like ketones, and he was incoherent and he would screasm out of the blue until I got some oj in him and his levels back up.

Either that or he would be wondering aimlessly around the house.

dudes.jpg

Just finished assembling my new grill and since it's hot and I'm sweaty I am going to take them to an air conditioned restaurant and have someone cook me my meal.

Had a long talk with my own dad which was very nice and long overdue.

Later I am going to see the new Rush movie - Beyond the Lighted Stage!
They serve dinner and drinks before the screening....never been to a movie like this before :cheers:.

So far it's been the best fathers day ever! Happy one to you fathers as well.

Mop

Today we will have a picnic at a nearby park, then go for a long cruise in the Valiant. My 3 year old daughter is excited, she loves the Valiant and can't wait for the drive! She always says "go fast daddy" or "do a burnout".....gotta love it :toothy10: We will probaby grill some steaks on the grill for dinner and have a few Captain Cokes :toothy10:

Happy Fathers day to everybody :cheers:

Going to the car show in Qualicum Beach today. Then watching the US Open as long as I want!!

I woke to a lovely homemade card my wife wipped up on the puter. And a framed wedding pic...

Im happy!

4speedragtop;

I have that hose reel in my shop. You will find it works wonderfully!

I,ll be trying to teach my daughter to swim today.Having a pool in my yard makes daddy terrified:angry7::.Hope she picks up quick.:-D

Spending the day watching World Cup with my Dad. Hoisting a few Smitty's and screaming at the TV. Got the women folk to do all the cooking and clean-up for us.

You're a good man cudaspaz... My 15 year old son has bad diabetes, he almost went into a coma before we found out what was wrong.. I've put my life on hold and moved in with my mom and dad to take care of them, ya gotta take care of your own and do what you have to do, it's to late when their gone... My dad has died twice since I've been here, brung him back both times with cpr... No way I'm putting either in a rest home... My life can wait...

well i went to the taco place in my 64 and now im on here wating tell nascar comes on i got nascar a 2 leter of m dew and tacos im good (i dont drink ) so ya lol

I,ll be trying to teach my daughter to swim today.Having a pool in my yard makes daddy terrified:angry7::.Hope she picks up quick.:-D

Put her in red cross lessons. Both my kids are good swimmers now because we took the time..

Just came back from the Oakmont, Pa Father's Day car show, now to ready the meat for the grill, nice big, juicy strip steaks, and wash it down with Newcastle Brown Ales and Kronenburg 1664's and watch the final round of the US Open.

FF

I worked on my Iroc R/T and then I went to small Mopar gathering so I could check this out.

000_2103.jpg

000_2105.jpg

We took the day and went fishing and did some "boating" on a local lake. Had a great time, caught fish, let my 10 yr old daughter try driving the boat (slowly), jumped some waves and scared my wife. You think she would have gotten used to that stuff by now. It was fun to see my daughters smile as we jumped some of those big waves!

went to an all mopar show and swap today with my father, brother, uncle and cousin. now getting ready to take my 4 yr old twin girsl to a church picnic as soon as they awake from a little nap. then going to try to get my a/c working

Had the car show yesterday, and my mom and I got my dad 12 beers from 12 different countries in the World Cup since we've been watching that the last couple of weeks, and we did the same thing 4 years ago. Went out for a huge Sunday brunch today and I'm firing up the grill for dinner tonight!

-
Back