-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
Folks:
I want to give some feedback rearding Trinity 1945 or www.paintforcars.com

I bought some of their paint last year for a truck. I paid, it showed, we painted, and it all turned out OK.

I bought some of the Hot Rod black primer recently, to black out my Dart Lite, to protect it for the winter.

At the time of the purchase, I also ordered a color card, $2.75, so I could decide what color paint to buy for the Dart, and my 1997 Ram this spring. The product showed up promptly, but when opened, the paint card had been forced into the box, all the colors were falling off the card, generally trashed, because someone forced it into the box.

I contacted them. I asked for a new card. I paid for a functional card, am I not entitled to one?

Their responses are pasted below, directly from email. Their initial answer amounts to "it's ok that it is bent", and after I clarified and offered pictures, I was told to take my business elsewhere, I am nitpicky, and not an easy customer to deal with. All of this over a $2.75 paint card that I would use to buy more product from them in the future. In my opinion, it would be their best marketing tool to encourage future purchases.

Please see my post on page 3. Trinity contacted me back and explained their side of things. They have offered to send me another color chart. I have accepted. I will then decide what direction I will go for paint color.

From me to them:

To:
[email protected]
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2009 6:49:04 PM
Subject: Fw: FedEx Shipment 587874760030539 Delivered

I received my order today. I have an issue. I paid for a paint color chart. It came in the box, but was forced in, and is bent, damaged, and generally trashed. I am requesting another chart. I believe this should be a marketing tool for you to entice people buy your products, as opposed a charged item. However, since it is a charge item, I should get care just as any other charge product, and I would like one that is undamaged, so we can buy additional product from you in the future.

From them to me:
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: FedEx Shipment 5878747600305** Delivered

[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif]
Sir the chart being bent will not affect the colors!

Trinity 1945, Inc.
www.paintforcars.com
(732)240-6667 [/FONT]

From me to them:
To: Trinity 1945 Inc. <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2009 11:30:40 PM
Subject: Re: FedEx Shipment 587874760030539 Delivered

DIV {MARGIN:0px;}

SIR,
I don't care if it will affect the colors. I should not have to tape the samples to the bent card in the first place.
Would you like pictures?

Either way, I paid for the chart, I want to use it. Since I paid for it I expect it in new condition, plain and simple.

Feel free to weigh the cost of a new chart sent, against my future business. I have ordered 2x from your company, 80.00 recently, and approximately 135.00 the previous time. The choice is yours. But should you decide to not to offer some semblance of customer service, after the fact (you wouldn't have to if it had been packaged right in the first place), then I will make note. Is repeat business not the lifeblood of a company?

I am the type of person, who documents his progress and results. I have 2 vehicles, a Dodge Dart, and a 1997 Ram that I intend to paint with your products, and show the forums that I frequent that refinishing a vehicle can be done economically with excellent results. I have full intentions of using your top line kit on my Dart, in a mopar forum and refinish the entire car for under 500.00, using your stuff. You can have free publicity towards your company, or someone else can, and I will recount my lack of service over a $2.75 color chart that arrived to me in damaged condition.

I am appalled that you got an 80.00 order from me, and I cannot get a 2.75 color chart.

From them to me:
First of all I AM NOT A SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second you are knitpicking at things which tells me that you will not be a very easy customer to deal with so go take your business elsewhere! You think we want to do anything future with you based on the way you replied to us. NO THANKS!

Trinity 1945, Inc.
www.paintforcars.com
(732)240-6667

My response to them today:

1. Is there anything in your correspondance that indicated you are male or female? No. I merely responded back in the way I was addressed.

2. I am not nitpciking. The paint card is TRASHED. All the stickers are falling off, because someone forced it into the box. I fail to see how I am being unreasonable, when I paid for a paint card, and it came crushed, and falling apart.

3. How is my response unreasonable. I asked, and was essentially told to accept a damaged product. I clarified myself, and offered pictures of the damaged card. You respond that I am being unreasonable? Is there anyone else there that I might deal with, because apparently me wanting a functional card that I paid for has offended you.

I would think since you paid for it, it should be in decent condition.

Please take note,
I have not edited any of the above posts, they were cut directly from email and pasted.
As such, there is some code in post #4, DIV {MARGIN:0px;} that is not their typing, but some HTML code that got stuck. I will leave the posts as they are for the integrity of the feedback.

Forewarning and pre-apology to the members. I am sending them a link to the post. I need to follow through with what I said, and give them feedback in the world. I am not asking for free paint, but a 2.75 paint card that I paid for.
Should I dispute the charges, i will only dispuste 2.75, since I recieved the paint product in good usable shape. I run with integrity. It is truly a pity, since I have had good luck with their stuff and the price is outstanding. I guess I will pay more elsewhere for service after the fact.

Another vendor to take off my list of potential purchases. I was looking at them to possibly buy some product. I know I would likely have done things different and had in the past when I ran my shop. $2.75, please... the goodwill generated from sending another item, would have been far in excess of the post you've put up now.

No different than going to pick up a new car and it has a big dent in it that it shouldn't have. It's not what you paid for unless disclosed prior to the signing of the contract.

I'd contest the small charge with your credit card company, the company will likely appreciate the chargeback fees.

Stick to your guns - I'll add this company to my list of vendors NOT to use. Some business people are so stupid - clearly a situation of someone starting a business without any understanding of customer service or word-of-mouth advertising.

shame you are getting hassled over a screw up on there end. you paid for a useable item, you recieved an unusable item, what is her issue? scratch them off of the vendors list that i will do business with.....thanks
for the warning

I've been looking at their site thinking about buying paint from them for my project, but maybe I better stick with NAPA.

I too would think twice about dealing with a company that shows no respect to there consumers, it also puts up a red flag that they would probably not back up any kind of warrantee on there paint products if there was any defects or problems with it. my 2c

That's to bad. I was actually looking at them for paint for a '69 Road Runner and a '66 Mustang I am doing for customers right now. With the economy the way it is, you would think vendors would bend over backwards to keep customers happy, especailly considering that you didn't ask for anything that you weren't entitled to in the first place.

Go figure I just settled on a color for my valiant with there color chart (didn't come bent but was dirty not dust but actual smeared ink.. I hope)
There reply back to you was absoultly uncalled for and I refuse to support a company with such disregard for there customers. Time for me to find another paint supplier. My friend showed me there site, he is (was) going to paint his 67 cougar with there paint, and was about to make an order this week for his father's 56 ford f-100 as a birthday present.
looking towards TCP global, anyone use them before?
Thanks for lookin out for us Backtobasics
http://www.tcpglobal.com/Default.aspx

..you run occationally run into problems when dealing with companies..that is life..this usually gives the company a chance tp wow you with their response....for instance..I was having some problems with my out of warranty Kodak printer print head..I asked what the cost was for a new one..their response was that they didn't like their customers having problems and they would ship a new print head to me for free...obiviously, this is a jerked off company that thuinks it is a privledge to buy from them..even in this company...either that or they are going under..either way, give these idiots a wide birth..what do you think they would do if you had a large problem ???

There are too many companies that want your business..

Thanks for the heads up...

I will continue to participate in this thread for knowlege of other options. I will not talk bad or smear them in any way...I believe people can draw their own conclusions.
TGP huh?

I agree, thanks for the heads up. Perhaps she's being unreasonable because you called her "sir" one too many times from the last capitilized email you received. In this case she shouldn't be in customer service and should develop a thicker skin.
That being said, it's not unreasonable for you to want a useable a item for which you paid and it's not unreasonable for you to place a request for a replacement. As has been said, if this company has such a hard time dealing with such a small item then imagine what it would be like dealing with more significant situations? Definately not a company that's worth the hassle of dealing with.

Perhaps she's being unreasonable because you called her "sir" one too many times from the last capitilized email you received. In this case she shouldn't be in customer service and should develop a thicker skin.

While that may be what is bothering her, the previous correspondance I had on the last car came frome a gentlemen. I thought it might be the same person. Regardless, there was never any kind of indicator as what gender the person is. It is an generic email address, and the emails were not closed in any way, so how am I to know? I agree, if that that is what truly offended....
But in the end, it is irrelevant. By the logic of that person, I should accept a shirt in the clothing store, that is sewn wrong. The mis-sewn shirt may not look right, but because it covers the body and is the right color, it is acceptable. You should keep those wheels that have bad chrome, because they still roll and hold air? Buying new carpet? Don't mind the flaw in the middle of the living room, it covers the floor, and is soft, so it must be acceptable.

:angry7:

Ive used TPC global a few time. Paints and primer. Works good, Fair prices and great customer service.

-
Back