-
She must work for someone ... and I bet that someone would not be happy with her when he/she discovers how many sales she cost the company. This really needs to come to attention of the boss.

You can bet she is not an owner, if I found out one of my employees responded to a customer that way they would be looking for another job that afternoon! The paint company was DEFINATELY at fault and why the hell would you piss off a purchasing customer over a $3.00 item which should be free to begin with. I've even had occasions when the customer asked for something that wasn't our fault and if they were persistent I just say ok. It all comes back to you at some point. STICK TO YOUR GUNS! Kev

Wowwwwwwwwww, better get that girl a Fed Ex shipment of Midol! And make it a double, with chocolate. Even if she brought her own, she wouldn't be working for me.

Check with another place called Pivco.net. GREAT customer service, good prices, and [imagine that] free color charts.

I would call and talk to the owner or manager and send the copies of the emails,

I guess they're off my list, too. A pity to lose all this prospective business for $2.75 of rudeness.

Were the paint chips damaged or is the page just crumpled ???
I'm ALWAYS pulling the paint chips off the page...

I was looking at their system too, glad I did not go with them. I chose the tcp global flat black and am going to use my local jobber for the color. See if your local jobbers carry OMNI or Shopline paint. It will be about the same price as the others and you do not have to pay for shipping

we get owni from napa and it really is good stuff. i think the reason it is cheaper is it dose not have the color match perfect like the more expensive ppg stuff but everything else is great. so if you are trying to fix a small repair it might be easier to buy the more expensive stuff but the omni is what i will use when i do full cars

I did some homework on Pivco.net
Their pricing seems excellent, and I asked some questions regarding compatibility between materiels, etc. Their response was quick, detailed, and THEY (I won't make that mistake again) even made a suggestion that could give me better results on the final product. It meant a small extra sale for them too(smart), but THEY showed concern about the final result. IMPRESSIVE!

Zach, I'm delighted to hear that! Though I'd never hold myself out as a painter (not even close lol), I know Billy likes their products and has used them for several years now. I get my prep/finish stuff from them -- awesome prices on sand paper sheets/discs etc. As soon as finances permit, he wants to get some of their Hot Rod Black for his 76 Pontiac Astre.

Keep me posted on how it all works out for you.

This "mistake" may have been a good thing for you. I know I will not give a company my business that treats customers that way.

Wowwwwwwwwww, better get that girl a Fed Ex shipment of Midol! And make it a double, with chocolate. Even if she brought her own, she wouldn't be working for me.

Check with another place called Pivco.net. GREAT customer service, good prices, and [imagine that] free color charts.

Midol?!? I'd prescribe Prozac and Lithium. (I think the best Tennessee products for this would be wasted on this one [Jack Daniels, Lynchburg; George Dickel, Tullahoma].

I have been so happy with PPG and DuPont, they'd never be on my radar as a potential supplier. That said, the company owes you an undamaged color chip chart. These guys are off the list of those I would suggest to friends in the business.

I agree with other writers. The problem needs to be elevated above MS Bad Attitude 2009. I'll be watching the thread to see if the company does right by you. Hate to say it this way, but it's a shame to screw up a business over $2.75; but for you, $2.75 is a cheap lesson about this company. I'm just glad it wasn't the paint they messed up.

Keep me posted on how it all works out for you.

Will do. We are dialogging in email to get me the proper chemicals for my direction.

As of now the car is flat black courtesy of the stuff I bought from the other people. We left the door handles, antenna, drip rail trim, and bumpers chrome (not blacked). The wheels and tires are left too. I am happy with the outcome, I am dying to get it put back together. I need to decide what to do with the tail light bezels, they are pitted bad. I may knock down the raised blemishes, prime and sand, until they are smooth. They look killer with nice chrome, but these are pretty aged, but if they are smooth and blacked out, they might look good. Maybe silver paint? Argent?

im 2 weeks out to painting the dart. the local body shop that i ask for some advice, told me to order. i now will them where NOT to order. so they prob lost 2 customers at the same time. My other friend that has a body busines for 30 years, will hear about it also in a few days, im not sure where he orders his, but i know where it won't be next time. most of these guys order the paint by email due to delivery to door and price. in this economy, "*****" don't sell. i got all i care to handle already. :bootysha:

They said:
Mr. Myers,

The reason I made those statements to you was because you are telling me that we shouldnt charge for color charts! We are not some multi billion dollar company like the Dupont, PPG, etc... that we can just go and send free charts to people when half the time they dont plan on ever buying from us. We are a very small company with a small staff spo there is no Marketing Dept here.. They cost us money to produce and mail out so it's not like they are free for us.. Also when you said bent, to me that was no big deal, but after you putting this on some forum I see you go into more details saying the chips were coming off, etc.. All you had to do was tell me that and I wouldnt have blinked an eye. I will mail you another one out!

Thank you

Trinity 1945, Inc.
www.paintforcars.com

I said:
I appreciate your contact.

My concern here is this: I can understand if my inital email did not convey the concern. My second email should have done a far better job at explaining the situation.
In the end I am your customer, and I was unhappy with the way the product arrived to me.

With that being said, I understand they cost you to have built. It is my opinion (however right or wrong it may be) that it could be your best marketing tool, as a way to add "value" to your product, and to encourage additional purchases of paint. You already have a customer, and in sending it with primer, would be a perfect way to encourage the customer to spend additional dollars with your company.

None the less, my suggestion is if a customer expresses displeasure, address his concern, as opposed to taking offense at his suggestion, (however right or wrong it may be).

Thank you for sending another color chart.
I look forward to it, and I will decide what direction to go in the future.

Zach Myers

They said:
Mr. Myers,

The reason I made those statements to you was because you are telling me that we shouldnt charge for color charts! We are not some multi billion dollar company like the Dupont, PPG, etc... that we can just go and send free charts to people when half the time they dont plan on ever buying from us. We are a very small company with a small staff spo there is no Marketing Dept here.. They cost us money to produce and mail out so it's not like they are free for us.. Also when you said bent, to me that was no big deal, but after you putting this on some forum I see you go into more details saying the chips were coming off, etc.. All you had to do was tell me that and I wouldnt have blinked an eye. I will mail you another one out!

Thank you

Trinity 1945, Inc.
www.paintforcars.com

some forum? I'm offened by that! lol. This is the forum.:cheers:

Some response. It looks like this smakll company is going to get smaller..it was a $ 3.00 item that probably cost them $ 1.50.....pinching pennies, losing dollars..actually, this response sounds like they are going under...

... in this economy, "*****" don't sell. ...

Funny Mike, but very true!!!

There's a couple all-important rules PaintForCars.com is forgetting:

1. You gotta spend money to make money.
2. Just because they contact you doesn't mean you're guaranteed the sale.
3. PPG and Dupont were small companies once.
4. The customer is always right.
5. The customer is always right.
6. The customer is always right.

Can a moderator remove the thumbs down?
I have had several rounds of correspondence, and a new paint chart is on the way. They have offered a discount on my future business, and since they made good, I intend to give them another shot. I am satisfied with their attempts to keep me as a customer.

On a side note, I will post pictures of the Dart in the flat black shortly. I am impressed by how far their Hot Rod primer went. I laid 4 coats and still have 1 1/3 gallons out of 2 left.
We are re-installing bumpers and grille, taillights, etc tonight.

-
Back