fender well or TTI - B1-BS heads

-

darkside

Dark Side Racing
Reaction score
fender well or TTI - B1-BS

Any experience / recommendations . for B1BS heads on B block – 74 duster
I have narrowed it down to either TTI or hooker fender wells...
unless someone has a better idea
Thanks

I have a set on my 70 duster. headers fit good but the spark plugs and wires was were the problem was

TTI are sure expensive but I rather spend more money than punch an haul in my fender well

my 2 cents

I have hooker fenderwells on my 72 duster 440. They sound awsome and are suppose to perform very well. The only problem is that they point down where they come out and hang low. It would be hard to run full exhaust but if your just racing then you might be ok. Im thinking of taking them off and going with the TTI becasue im going to turn mine into a street car. Let me know if your interested in them.

I could never understand the performance aspect of fenderwells....the tubes are way too long....and are not even close to equal lenght.....not to mention they fill up your tire space in the wheelwell (gotta run those nice little tires)....the only "good" part would be once you cut the crap out of your fenderwell...Ray Charles could probably bolt them up....the best headers I ever saw years ago had the last pipe on each side exit out a small round hole in the fenderwell keeping all pipes equal lenght without trying to cram them all thru the chassis.....slip fit on the last tubes...would not be good for street

I run the TTIs on my 71 440 dart, they fit very well. I didn't want to cut up the fender well for the Hooker headers.

Thanks for the info..... I think we will just go with the TTI 2 1/8

they are big dia , it is a 527 inche motor, shorter ( the dyno liked 27" for
the big motors) althoug th TTI site doesn't seem to list the length im sure they are shorter than 40 some inches for the fender wells
and hopefully the right port size for B1BS

I havent purchased a set of door car headers in 25 years..... make lots of them .... but not going to go there for a street car.

these are easier to make no fenders etc.
http://www.darkside.ca/headers.asp

TTI need a lot of work to fit with B1BS heads sparkplugs, steering box and blowsheld. And #4 and 6 tubes are less than 1/16" from inner fender. and you need a hole in the inner fender to change # 6 sparkpluge.

Attachments

• duster 016.2.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 312
-
Back