Fiberglass dog house

-
no, never been there, nice track, NHRA, IHRA, or outlaw?
IHRA. Great traction/prep work, but you'll get no favors as it is flat, asphalt with no shade = 120* track temp, and usually a slight head wind but they do have good chili cheese fries. :)

IHRA. Great traction/prep work, but you'll get no favors as it is flat, asphalt with no shade = 120* track temp, and usually a slight head wind but they do have good chili cheese fries. :)
Darn it, Good chili cheese fries, ugh I dont do carbs, gotta watch my girlish figure

Darn it, Good chili cheese fries, ugh I dont do carbs, gotta watch my girlish figure
When you two race I'll eat the chili cheese fries and watch the girlish figures..,.:thumbsup::D

Im trying to put the ole girl on a diet, thats why I want a fiberglass front end, just wanna be faster than my chevy husband

From what I've seen there's not a lot of weight to lose with the fenders. The hood and bumper is a different story though. There is also some weight to be lost in the bumper brackets and if you have factory disk brakes there is a bunch there too.

Good luck beating your husband. That don't sound right, how about good luck out running your husband.

ok their really not that big, lol trying to get a pic to upload, but its the pic in my profile
From what I've seen there's not a lot of weight to lose with the fenders. The hood and bumper is a different story though. There is also some weight to be lost in the bumper brackets and if you have factory disk brakes there is a bunch there too.

Good luck beating your husband. That don't sound right, how about good luck out running your husband.
I do currently have fiberglass bumpers with aluminum brackets, that did help, Im looking at hood and deck lid to.

I do currently have fiberglass bumpers with aluminum brackets, that did help, Im looking at hood and deck lid to.
I actually riveted my fiberglass bumpers to my valise with no brackets....
Just recently I scored a feather duster hood and just kept the aluminum inner ribbing. It's 10 lb. A fiberglass hood is around 20 and the regular steel Hood with steel ribbing is around 50 to 55 pounds...

I'm glad this thread took a turn for the good :) Sorry softail, for not realizing you weren't a guy, lol. I read the post where you referred to the husband as you talking as the husband 3rd person, if that makes any sense. I think these people on here will do all they can to get your Mopar quicker than that chebbie. :)

I'm glad this thread took a turn for the good :) Sorry softail, for not realizing you weren't a guy, lol. I read the post where you referred to the husband as you talking as the husband 3rd person, if that makes any sense. I think these people on here will do all they can to get your Mopar quicker than that chebbie. :)
If I can defuse a situation while jabbing jaws - all in one motion, it was a successful day on FABO :)

If I can defuse a situation while jabbing jaws - all in one motion, it was a successful day on FABO :)
Diffuse? It looks to me like you got yourself a whole new race?! I put $40 on the lady in the scamp....
6.80 LOL, you've got your hands full now...

Diffuse? It looks to me like you got yourself a whole new race?! I put $40 on the lady in the scamp....
you know me..... win, lose, or draw, I'll leave nothin' on the table..... :D

6.80's would be what, 10.60's in the 1/4 ?? Blah, I'd just have to spend another 600 bucks.....
:lol:

Race day , wish me luck, haven't changed anything yet, I'm waiting on bearings to show up for the rear end so I can put a 5.13 gear in. Maybe I'll have it together by next weekend, until then 6.80's it is

Race day , wish me luck, haven't changed anything yet, I'm waiting on bearings to show up for the rear end so I can put a 5.13 gear in. Maybe I'll have it together by next weekend, until then 6.80's it is
1/8 car only? yeah, it will like the 5.13's. Good Luck! Tree 'em and Leave 'em. :)

-
Back