Figured id share my garbage..

-
12psi is going to be a huge jump in power. Can’t wait to see numbers…and hopefully video!

I need to wrap my exhaust and put blankets on the turbos on the boat. I melted the skin off both biceps at the lake yesterday working on it. Definitely not fun.

12psi is going to be a huge jump in power. Can’t wait to see numbers…and hopefully video!

I’m hoping it’ll run decently and survive. If not there’s a decent enough bottom end waiting for it. There will be some videos of it.

I need to wrap my exhaust and put blankets on the turbos on the boat. I melted the skin off both biceps at the lake yesterday working on it. Definitely not fun.

This is the perfect weather to wrap exhaust in. The heat really helps me not get irritated haha. Hope the arm is alright buddy

This is the perfect weather to wrap exhaust in. The heat really helps me not get irritated haha. Hope the arm is alright buddy
Yea it’s been hot. The lake was beautiful yesterday, but had a rocker noise and a small water drip from the for/rev cable I replaced. Boat life. I unfortunately got both arms in almost the same exact spot. Turns out turbos make heat, who knew?

55548E24-6363-4C76-AE55-3BAAA2039742.png

Yea it’s been hot. The lake was beautiful yesterday, but had a rocker noise and a small water drip from the for/rev cable I replaced. Boat life. I unfortunately got both arms in almost the same exact spot. Turns out turbos make heat, who knew?

View attachment 1716118601

Little teriyaki and you got yourself some jerky.

Yeah the turbos get a little spicy. Just did my monthly heat soak on dart.

What heat wrap are you using? I need to order some. And I need to find blankets for the 78/75s

What heat wrap are you using? I need to order some. And I need to find blankets for the 78/75s

I used DEI for the wrap, their titanium stuff, so far I’ve only done the cross over mainly to keep a little heat from the oil filter and lower rad hose. I’m either special or their ties for the wrap are tragically bad and you don’t get a lot of them. Ended up using a hose clamp on the vertical part of pipe to make sure the wrapped stayed in place.

I ordered my blanket from Viren, fits good but was a pain to install since my turbo is crammed in the corner.

Thanks. I’ll probably get the blankets from him as well but I’ll have to cut them for the wastegates since they’re welded to the turbine housings. That DEI titanium stuff is expensive.

Thanks. I’ll probably get the blankets from him as well but I’ll have to cut them for the wastegates since they’re welded to the turbine housings. That DEI titanium stuff is expensive.

If you gotta trim them I’d try to find the thread the use on them and sew around the cut, they might come apart if you don’t.

Yeah, it wasn’t cheap but I had a summit gift card so I figured I’d get something semi useful for once.

View attachment 1716118601
Ouch! Looks as fun as Harley drag pipe burns. Grab some aloe vera plants....

If you gotta trim them I’d try to find the thread the use on them and sew around the cut, they might come apart if you don’t.

Yeah, it wasn’t cheap but I had a summit gift card so I figured I’d get something semi useful for once.
Great idea, I think I’ll try that. I ordered two blankets from VS and the whole DEI titanium kit from summit.

The DEI stuff took a bit to get use to, and softer then other brands, I used theirs on my headers and wastegate mounts, used the titanium stuff and got some stainless steel zip ties as well and then for the down pipes and mif pipes I went with the silicone intakes brand. Still surprised how much heat gets out with all that wrapping on.

20200712_173624.jpg

20200712_204628.jpg

That looks great!
I use the cheap generic fiberglass stuff off Amazon. I’m amazed at how much heat it holds in, but I’m told the DEI is better.

That looks great!
I use the cheap generic fiberglass stuff off Amazon. I’m amazed at how much heat it holds in, but I’m told the DEI is better.
Thanks took me a few times to get it to lay right then putting the SS zip ties on

Well, it looks like we’re aiming for August 13th to strap it down and make some pulls. Couple small things to button up and we’ll see what it does.

Famous for a day photo because this thread is worthless without pictures.

AC3E5873-1497-411A-AF8B-A62EB3CBE487.jpeg

One of these times I need to haul my car down to the mopar fall or spring car show and swap meet and have all the turbo cars lined up next to each other to put faces to names. That would be fun.

I just used needle nose pliers to tighter up my ss tips , they have a took for them but needle nose did the same.

83BD90D5-AD02-4F41-8E6C-A59943639E83.jpeg

First one done. It’s such a shame to cover up stainless tig welded exhaust but my skin will thank me. Oh by the way those stainless zip ties can kiss my ***. They don’t work and I threw them in the trash after I tried to use the first one. Made my own out of stainless 030 saftey wire.

View attachment 1716119755
First one done. It’s such a shame to cover up stainless tig welded exhaust but my skin will thank me. Oh by the way those stainless zip ties can kiss my ***. They don’t work and I threw them in the trash after I tried to use the first one. Made my own out of stainless 030 saftey wire.
Looking good. I almost went that route as well, they are a pain to use.

About 8 hours till it’s strapped to the rollers. I give it a solid 30% survival rate. Fresh oil, gonna toss plugs in it in the morning and swing for the fences on 12psi.

A5B4950F-05A8-4E47-B41E-D2457EDF5C4B.jpeg

D075B92B-8DA0-490E-AE98-E103DA883FA6.jpeg

-
Back