Figured id share my garbage..

-
04765654-738C-4182-92BC-84A4E760CB71.jpeg

There’s no 440 parts on the ground. I’ll let Chris fill in the details.

Well, I can make all the excuses in the world but we left with a REALLY safe tune up in the car and it blows through the convertor. Made 493/527 on 14psi. Gonna try a few things or just order a convertor for it. It runs good, it didn’t break so I’m happy. Can’t thank @TT5.9mag enough for coming out. We’re just getting started with it.

Well, I can make all the excuses in the world but we left with a REALLY safe tune up in the car and it blows through the convertor. Made 493/527 on 14psi. Gonna try a few things or just order a convertor for it. It runs good, it didn’t break so I’m happy. Can’t thank @TT5.9mag enough for coming out. We’re just getting started with it.
Hell yeah boy that's badass! Out of curiosity what changes on the converter?

Hell yeah boy that's badass! Out of curiosity what changes on the converter?

Going to see if filling the trans with John Deere Hy-Gard will help it out, I’m sure I’ll be ordering a convertor. I was high gear all over the limiter and saw 80mph. Car wasn’t skating. 27” tire and 3.73s so it should definitely have more mph.

I don’t blame you for trying Hygard but I don’t see it coupling it that much. Typically 2-300rpm is all it’s good for

I don’t blame you for trying Hygard but I don’t see it coupling it that much. Typically 2-300rpm is all it’s good for

That’s what I’ve been reading about it. Probably just throw some miles on the car cruising it and work bugs out of it and order a converter later this year. It has 29 miles on it with the turbo and I’m pretty sure 15 of them are from Sunday.

That’s what I’ve been reading about it. Probably just throw some miles on the car cruising it and work bugs out of it and order a converter later this year. It has 29 miles on it with the turbo and I’m pretty sure 15 of them are from Sunday.
it would be a worthwhile change though for the simple fact that it is way more heat tolerant and doesn't foam. You're going to build heat getting to the chip so it will help

In 16 years of ownership, this is the first time I’ve driven it to a gas station. Not the first attempt just the first time it made it. Noticed my shift light was set to 5200 (limiter is at 6500). Drove the car a little harder tonight and it seems a lot better. Lack of seat time and not paying attention is half my issue with the car not feeling as strong as it should. 45-75 happened quickly on a terrible road on the way home (while passing a prison). Learned it’s gonna be a pain to keep the car cool even cruising.

1B2E99B8-3DC7-48A7-8637-87AD6A06DEF6.jpeg

C788850C-6DDA-43C7-8C7D-2602F2B74CFD.jpeg

8DB7D546-A91D-4F11-8F98-D9686556FD02.jpeg

In 16 years of ownership, this is the first time I’ve driven it to a gas station. Not the first attempt just the first time it made it. Noticed my shift light was set to 5200 (limiter is at 6500). Drove the car a little harder tonight and it seems a lot better. Lack of seat time and not paying attention is half my issue with the car not feeling as strong as it should. 45-75 happened quickly on a terrible road on the way home (while passing a prison). Learned it’s gonna be a pain to keep the car cool even cruising.

View attachment 1716128384

View attachment 1716128385

View attachment 1716128386
Its a great feeling when you can just drive it down there and not worry about anything, plus the looks you get too especially when you need to fill up your tank in your trunk lol been a long road but you made it

View attachment 1716128384

View attachment 1716128385

View attachment 1716128386
Keeping the temp in check is a huge challenge on these turbo cars. The headers and hotside produce so much heat. And your running without a hood which usually helps my car a lot. But keep plugging away. You’ll get there.

The heat is a pain, even with 6000 cfm flow on just my radiator fans mine runs around 200* but having fixed the coolant system pressure issue also helped keep things cooler since my overflow was not venting.

That’s about all I got for now. Ran it over to Bobs Big Boy for a car show. Confused people like usual.

Is this with the same converter or did it get changed? What converter are you planning on?

Is this with the same converter or did it get changed? What converter are you planning on?

Same convertor, this is from the Sunday it went on the rollers. It’s currently a billet 3500 from TCS in it. I have something to try before ordering a convertor.

Haven’t had the time to do anything about the over heating issue but did take the car out Saturday night for a short cruise. Had a friend from out of state visit so of course he needed a ride in it. My brother brought his barracuda out too.

478952AC-A374-4FFD-BFD6-A41CA6527E14.jpeg

7E90B78D-96DC-438E-8A16-232FCC392F55.jpeg

4B1C29EF-5969-498C-B420-86CC283805F6.jpeg

ED88445A-6D94-4FEC-B462-E6545A38A6A7.jpeg

-
Back