Finally getting an early A-Body

-
Ok, I see what you are saying, the oem type mounts higher on the frame and is out of the way of the spring then. So the firmfeel bar is the winner, it is big and mounts up high on the chasis. Cool, thanks fstfish.

Not Thats Not What Im Saying,,,but You Will Se If It Fits When You Get That Far,,re-read It

I was thinking of this one but I can see with the spring relocation it will be too wide won't it?

swayrear2.jpg

I was thinking of this one but I can see with the spring relocation it will be too wide won't it?

the bar pictured is a factory bar,,,an after market for the 66 wont attach like that bar,,but you get the idea of what to look for,, that bar mounts to the frame,,anf the end links mount to the leaf spring/shock plate,,.,

you need one that mounts to the rear housing,,anf the end links go to the frame,,,this way the end links will be inside the frame rails,,and moving in your springs wont effect it,,

Doh!!! Now I see what you mean, it has to mount just the opposite of that one. That one is right off the firm feel add, that is thier after market one. So I need to be looking for one that is the length is no longer than the inside of the springs. something off of a S-10 maybe, they are very narrow. I will do some research, which is fun to me.

Doh!!! Now I see what you mean, it has to mount just the opposite of that one. That one is right off the firm feel add, that is thier after market one. So I need to be looking for one that is the length is no longer than the inside of the springs. something off of a S-10 maybe, they are very narrow. I will do some research, which is fun to me.

the after markert bar i seen on a 66 was what im telling you would work,,im not sure but i thought it was from PST,, or maybe just suspensions,,, one of those companys has the proper type made for the early A,,,

i have a 37 inch wide axel,,,,tubbed,,,i have a 4 link,no leaf springs,,,i have an anti roll or equalizer bar tried to load a pic wont go for some reason

Oh........Well thats completely different! J/K Fstfish, so when relocating the springs your moving them in 3" on each side so that will make the bar length 6" shorter than stock. That will be easy to figure out, thanks Fstfish, your help is greatly appreciated.

said before,,,not sure if the kit moves 1 1/2 each side or 3 inch each side,,, measure from the center of your leaf spring to the center of your frame rail where the relocater box would go

well guys, things are happening for me that are good and bad all together. I have to move by summer and things are tight. I have a line on a house and need down payment money so I am having to get rid of my toys, after all this work the fish has to go. Its still apart but you all know what has been done and it includes a brand new 273(never started)/McCloud scatter shield/new clutch/rebuilt 4 spd/8 3/4. I will through in a 400 with an 440 eagle crank already machined into the 400 blk. I would like to see someone who loves these cars get it, I'll take $3500 for everything. I won't part it out, I'll keep it first. This is a sad and happy day for me both, I want the house to make momma happy but I am hating having to sell my cars. Sometimes life throughs a kink in the works.

Sorry to hear Tony,but keeping momma happy is a must.Good luck with sale.:cheers:

P.S Is the car in the for sale section?

sorry to hear,,,,ide find a part time job to get that extra money you need before selling the cuda,,,,just my 2 cents,,,good luck either way

Only have a month and a half to move, property was sold. So no time to save and besides the part time work in our hurt little town are non-existent. Anyway, just trying every avenue I can, lord knows I am hating to part with it now, it took me so long to find her, may not have to if it's still here in a month and a half. Thanks guys, your the best.

I have just been reading all the post on this fish. Man if there is anyway you can keep her please do! It's a great car that belongs to a great Mopar guy!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Thanks fishthatkills, I feel the same way but sometimes circumstances deal a hand that has to be dealt with the best way a guy can, Dad always said "Pride go before a fall". I have another rig for sale so if it goes first I won't have to. Time will tell.

Good luck with the sale Vic. Sorry to hear you have to sell after all the work you've done, but you obviously have your priorities straight. Family first, then the toys, and the toys can always be replaced.

Great news guys, everything went through and here I am still in tact! All the facts lining up, sickness, unemployment, and property values have added up to us being able to stay. Got the house all repared so Momma is very happy and I get to keep my car! Yaaaah! So the work begins this weekend, I can't be more happy!

glad to hear things worked out with your living sitituation,and that you kept the 66,,,,now get back to work on it,,

Vic,
As a fellow a body cuda guy be patient and nibble away You have a cool ride. I have been in a similar situation and soon will have my 65 formula s back on road. Keep your eye on the prize and pray. Goal never reached if one gives up! Keep you head up and do your best soon you will be cruising. I pray daily and keep my eye on the prize, I too will be riding in my cuda and someday I will make it to columbus to mopar nats my main goal!

Thanks fstfish, I will do that, I am excited to get back to her.

I hear everything you said 65cudalover and agree, first for me is to get the suspension back under her (painted) and get her to roll around again. I am looking for some stock SBP wheels if you guys know of any.

Hey Tony,glad to hear all is well with Momma!LOL.It,s great that you get to keep your car,it,ll keep you motivated/hands on.Waiting to watch your progress start again.Welcome back!

Thanks Petty feels good to be working on her again believe me, keep your eyesout for some sbp stock wheels for me bro.

-
Back