Finally got to see my Duster in person!!

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Well I finally got to see my (FJ5) Duster that I bought last month with my own eyes!!! It is not near as bad as I was afraid that it was going to be. My brother told me it was "really bad and most likely a parts car". Well after looking it over with my own eyes :cheers: It is certainly a keeper and a long term project!!!!!! :thumleft: So I am going to start gathering parts and plan to have it restored in a few years when my wife gets out of school!!!

Also got by the body shop where my 71 Dart is getting some bodywork done and it is going a little slow. But it should be in primer within a month to 6 weeks :thumleft: So my projects are moving along just not very quick. :scratch: [/img]

that duster looks really solid to me. like i said before, i think that is just cosmetics. doesnt look like it has any kind of serious rust damage..

Well the parts for the Duster are already rollin in :cheers:

So far I have accumulated a back seat, drivers door, console and shifter(still need shift linkage), tail lights, grille, and a hood!! :scratch: I was planning a 4-5 year project here. But at this rate I will have most all the major parts to start on the car by the end of summer. :scratch:

I just need to find a fender, steering column, and the shift linkage and I could pretty much get a start on it. Of course that is other than the stuff I plan to buy new as the project comes together like a disc brake rear end, big disc brake kit for the front, tubular K frame, wheels and things like that!! :D

probably going to start out with a 360 if I get that far while my wife is in school. If she is out of school by the time I am ready for a motor it will likely be a 500 C.I. :thumleft:

-
Back