Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Motors out and going to the shop friday after work.I had cleaned up under the hood,back in the spring.I never really cleaned up the K frame and sorrounding are,so now it,s time to clean when I,m off again at Christmas.Pics..

car pics 66 Dart 079.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 080.jpg

things are looking pretty good! Keep it up! In the engine bay, remove the washer tank & electric pump, you won't be needing it! Also think about an MSD Ignition for that "stroker" which means you can lose the ballast resistor as well!

Keep after it!

things are looking pretty good! Keep it up! In the engine bay, remove the washer tank & electric pump, you won't be needing it! Also think about an MSD Ignition for that "stroker" which means you can lose the ballast resistor as well!

Keep after it!
Thanks Rob,aslo thanks for the pointers for the Spring relocation.I,m into it now deep,I,m gonna cut into my spare tire hub so I can drillout larger holes in the rear frame for the hanger tube and bushings.A fuel cell will be next year when extra money permits.I have the MSD 6AL box,I just have to get the distributor now then I can loose all extras under the hood.I,m gonna order my rims and some new rear tires this week.Also thinking about moving the rear back 1 inch for tire fitting.This is gonna take longer than I thought,oh well I,m enjoying myself learning.Again thanks for your help!

car pics 66 Dart 089.jpg

Today I put in a couple hrs. drilling the rear frame so I could weld the tube in for the hangers,also welded some big washers on the frame for strength...moving along well.

car pics 66 Dart 090.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 091.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 092.jpg

Well today my job is done!I,ve finished the minitub and spring relocation kit(just on time,I have to go back to work Monday)this is a bigger job than I had thought.There,s lots of measuring,drilling,cutting,welding involved,but I enjoyed learning and the feeling of accomplishment is bar none.I just have to put the rear back in,which is going to be moved back 1 inch for bigger MEATS!Some pics...Happy New Year!!

P.S I haven,t welded in almost 20 years,so excuse the birdpooh looking welds!LOL

car pics 66 Dart 094.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 095.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 096.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 097.jpg

Thanks guys!This job was very time consuming and would have helped if I had a lift(hoist)I,m getting to old to be rolling around on my back.:clock:

P.S Hey 65Vart,when you win the lottery let me know and I,ll take time off work to do your Vart!Get that rear in there yet?:cheers:

Hey prettybluedart i see why you were asking me about how i moved my springs in.Either way will work and if you want to see some bad welding i could show you mine.ha I got a picture of my 66 dart on here finially.

Well today after work I weld my spring perches on,got my new XHD leafs in.I bought some new U-bolts also,she,s all bolted up!My 8pt. rollbar from S&W Racing showed today,but didn,t really get a chance to unwrap it!LOLSorry no pics,but will post some on the weekend.HaHa!

Hey Petty, I dug up this picture I posted last year. This car had a minitub done with the large offset rear wheels you were asking about (Cragers in this case). I remember they had no depth. At the time I had never seen wheels like that. They were very cool.

cars_0010.jpg

Here,s some pics of the rearend in.I,ve picked my rims,but will wait til income tax time to purchase them.I,m gonna drop off my tranny for some work soon.I recieved my Doug,s headers,distributor and S.F.I flywheel today,they look amazing(as they should for the price)V8 centerlink and cleaning up K-frame will be after work next week!:cheers:pics..

car pics 66 Dart 098.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 099.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 102.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 103.jpg

Hey Scott, it's gonna' be fun for you to measuring your tire clearance with a yard stick instead of a pocket ruler. LOL Mike Dougs look great.

Nice work Scott. Good to see large chunks of work getting done.

Unlike me where I take something apart and it sits for months. :angry7:

Well today my job is done!I,ve finished the minitub and spring relocation kit(just on time,I have to go back to work Monday)this is a bigger job than I had thought.There,s lots of measuring,drilling,cutting,welding involved,but I enjoyed learning and the feeling of accomplishment is bar none.I just have to put the rear back in,which is going to be moved back 1 inch for bigger MEATS!Some pics...Happy New Year!!

P.S I haven,t welded in almost 20 years,so excuse the birdpooh looking welds!LOL
Go Scott Go :cheers: Your welds and spring location look's perfect :happy10:
Keep up the great work and continue to be safe :cheers:
I saved the pictures of you work relocating the springs :happy10:
Looking good :-D

Thanks guys!Who would have thought I,d be doing a minitub 3 years ago?On a 66 Dart?I WAS a Pontiac guy before my Mopars.(I had a couple 69 GTO,s)I,m all about Mopars now.Has anybody seen the preview for the show Graveyard Carz?It.s a way cool show about bringing Mopars only back from the grave.More to come..

-
Back