Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
I sure enjoyed chatting with yall last night :colors:
Look what I went and took out of storage today :smilebox:
I picked up the correct parts today and have my axle ready to go back in.

Your shinny new shoes that came off your 66 dart you are building in this thread will be going on Victoria tomorrow :eek:ccasion:
Weather permitting of course.:thumbup:
Thank you so much my Canadian friend :happy10:
That is my BBQ grill I use at George Rays next to it that I thought I better get it out because it's that time of year again :burnout:

Attachments

• Axle bearing change 074.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 384
Well just got back from spending a couple days helping Ed with the car.The 1/4 panel is all welded up,we also changed door pins.The engine compartment is ready for primer along with the hood and trunklid.Got my gas tank back in,ready for new lines and the Holley blue pump and regulator.While pulling my axels to change out my studs,I noticed the end of one axel is twisted??:angry2:Guess I have to order 1 new axel from Strange.Dang it!!Anyways,hoping to have the car all in primer and ready for paint by the end of the month.Thanks for letting me hang out and help Ed.:thumbrig:
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 199.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 209.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 219.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 220.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 215.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 216.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 213.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 218.jpg

lookin good Scott.. Tough break on the axle any chance they have a warranty?
Ha,thats funny Josh.With any product,once you put the word Racing into the equation any warranty is VOID.I will slowly $$$$ look for a better alternative(35 or 40 spline axels and spool).

Looks good Scott, mee soo jealous!! Glad ya caught the axle now eh??
Jealous?Of my little 66 post car vs 69 Cuda ragtop 4 speed??(pass it over Steve,you,ve had enough LOL:tongue3:)I know what yer saying,must be hard knowing what you could be driving this summer.Your time will come and you,ll be cruising soon enough.This body/paint stuff sure takes alot longer than doing a simple engine/tranny swap.I have to learn to be patient,so it turns out right.Ed,s working his majic with the car and hopes to have it in primer by the end of the month.\\:D/

I sure enjoyed chatting with yall last night :colors:
Look what I went and took out of storage today :smilebox:
I picked up the correct parts today and have my axle ready to go back in.

Your shinny new shoes that came off your 66 dart you are building in this thread will be going on Victoria tomorrow :eek:ccasion:
Weather permitting of course.:thumbup:
Thank you so much my Canadian friend :happy10:
That is my BBQ grill I use at George Rays next to it that I thought I better get it out because it's that time of year again :burnout:
Couldn,t have given them to a better member Mike,now if your needing any drums I have spares for the tiny 7 1/4.:salute:

Jealous?Of my little 66 post car vs 69 Cuda ragtop 4 speed??(pass it over Steve,you,ve had enough LOL:tongue3:)I know what yer saying,must be hard knowing what you could be driving this summer.Your time will come and you,ll be cruising soon enough.This body/paint stuff sure takes alot longer than doing a simple engine/tranny swap.I have to learn to be patient,so it turns out right.Ed,s working his majic with the car and hopes to have it in primer by the end of the month.\\:D/

Im never gonna cry uncle working on mine (when I get a chance) but being behind the wheel of any one of yer stellar 3 cars would gimme a big $hit-eating grin! Yeah I dont need much to be able to bring it home to at least start working on it again its just $$. Looks great and spring is in the air!

It's getting closer!!!
Almost ready for epoxy.:toothy8:

Attachments

• IMG00066-20110324-1920.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 446
Well I went and spent a couple more days with Ed.Ofcourse while I,m away my axel shows.Arggh!I just bolted the old one back in,so Ed can roll the car out of the shop for some cleaning before epoxy and primer.Ed,s just finishing off the pass. door metal work and then time for some bondo.I was getting the trunk area ready also the door jams for primer and paint.Other than that,I ordered a new Ron Francis wiring harness.this will make it so much easier when putting the new added electrical parts in(fuel,water pumps,elec. fan)I,m hoping to get to some sanding next trip out at Easter??Race season is upon us.:rock:
Oh,I also got my 15 inch skinnies up front.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 223.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 231.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 238.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 225.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 241.jpg

Did they "warranty" the axel Scott? Are you going Dana? Sounds like you are making progress, hope you can get it back together before racing starts!

Did they "warranty" the axel Scott? Are you going Dana? Sounds like you are making progress, hope you can get it back together before racing starts!
No warranty on the axle Steve,I had to order another one to get the car ready for the season.I,m still up in the air on the Dana(waiting on pics)I,m not holding my breath for the car to be ready for the START of race season,but hope to be ready in May.#-o

This is true, but why cover it up with a Mustang? That's like covering up a Playboy with a National Enquirer.

By the way, the Dart looks great. I only hope I can get that far someday with my Barracuda. (Course, I gotta get the dang thing first!)

When you blasted the trunk for spraying..did you take off what it looks like seam sealer. It looks really ugly..at least on our car.

Thanks
Grassy

When you blasted the trunk for spraying..did you take off what it looks like seam sealer. It looks really ugly..at least on our car.

Thanks
Grassy
We didn,t blast the trunk,we had replaced a 1/4 panel with trunk extension(left part of trunk at the seam)I,ve also done a minitub,so yes sealer was removed at the time of doing the work.I replaced the sealer when I was done and will do it again before paint.You should leave yours in to keep the factory look.If not,scrape it out,then reseal.

On a second note...I recieved my new Ron Francis wiring harness.It looks very easy to do for a non-electrican like me LOL.So far the service has been great and fast.(I just ordered it last week,made for my car)As you can see in the pics everything is labelled,wires named and also color coded.Example:Ignition,Lights,Gauges etc.etc.It looks like alot of wires,but once unraveled and fed through the car,it should be just plug and play.The best part is my fuse panel has a serial # and if I have any problems,I can just call and give the # for assistance(I thought this is a very good idea)I will have help from an electrician/Racer/Mopar owner with the installation.Just thought I,d share with ya,s incase you are planning a harness change.:grin:

P.S Thanks Ron and Bob.:cheers:
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 249.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 245.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 247.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 246.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 248.jpg

Scott what did you use for seam sealer? I tried to get some at my local NAPA and the numbskull's had no idea what seam sealer was. If I have a name and part # that'd help.

Thanks, Tracy

-
Back