Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Go get you some buddy , I had a bowtie friend of mine challenge me to beat his 11.48 next summer at Thunder in the Valley , if I beat that time he pays my entrance for the weekend LOL , he don't know what I did this summer I bet he thinks I'm running the teen HaHA , I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a free weekend of racing a week or two before I head to Moparfest yeehaw now lets see a 10.50 time slip from your beastie before she gets put to bed for the winter -remember Jam Them Gears No Fear you got all winter to fix whatever breaks

Thanks for the encouragement Chris!LOL.I,m going sunday(85*)for one last kick at the can,hoping for anything under a 10.81:prayer:Then will pull the bumpers,grill,door handles and tail-lights then it,s off for block sanding and paint.:cheers:

Thanks for the encouragement Chris!LOL.I,m going sunday(85*)for one last kick at the can,hoping for anything under a 10.81:prayer:Then will pull the bumpers,grill,door handles and tail-lights then it,s off for block sanding and paint.:cheers:
Have a great day Scott :glasses7:
Put that Dana threw hell and get back here and update your day with us :cheers:
YOU CAN DO IT :cheers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLkn4B0OO6g"]1966 Dodge Dart - YouTube[/ame]

Well see,n my paint guy isn,t ready for the car yet,I decided to go again to the track for closing day T&T.I drove the car up and down the camper roads to get it warmed up(temp was 48* outside).I go into the staging lanes,do my burnout,pull up to the tree.I do my launch and hit 2nd gear and.......CLUNK!!WTF???I pull to the side of the track,open the hood and see this....YIKES!:vom:!I guess my crank let go(EAGLE with H-beams)Well good thing the season is over,time to look for a new block.Guess I won,t be bored this winter again!I have 192 passes at WOT on this engine.Time to up it abit!LOL.This kinda sucks,but thats racing!The cars in the garage and am getting ready to rip it apart again.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 375.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 374.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 373.jpg

Sorry to hear the bad news.
Hope most of it can be re used.
Keep us posted.
Martin
TXDart

I love your attitude Scott. That's racing I guess. So how much carnage is in there?
Pieces of the block missing,cracked,rod pushing through the pan.I,d have to say the crank let go,but will know for sure once I pull it and disassemble.Yep,I can,t complain as I,ve ran the bajeebles out of this engine without a hicup.:D.Onto the next one!

WOW Scott sorry to see that ,Guess it's time to go for the big hit , R3 block with forged bottom eh! at least you will have something to do while the car sit's at the painters .

PS since the car is pretty much a strictly race only beast maybe a 4.125 or even 4.25 crank might be in the picture assuming the price is right

WOW Scott sorry to see that ,Guess it's time to go for the big hit , R3 block with forged bottom eh! at least you will have something to do while the car sit's at the painters .

PS since the car is pretty much a strictly race only beast maybe a 4.125 or even 4.25 crank might be in the picture assuming the price is right
You never know Chris.This really couldn,t have happened at a worst time.I,ve been throwing the idea around of selling my house and moving for the last few months.I,ve been in my house for 21 yrs and need a change,a bigger shop wouldn,t hurt either.I,ll take a few days to figure out what I,m gonna do with a new engine and direction for my car.I planned on moving in the spring,so we,ll see.:D

That bites Scott. You've driven the wheels off that motor. Apparently it's time for a new one. What the heck, you were looking to get into the 9's anyway. LOL Mike

I didn't know you were thinking of moving , I would suggest you consider a steel sided pole barn instead of cashing out your equity , after 21 years you've probably built something there and I don't know how the market is where you are but It's not great here and I keep hearing horror stories out of the Windsor area from people with little equity trying to re-write on a house that they owe way more than current market value . We could probably gang up and build you a nice pole barn in a couple of weeks for a pretty good price but if your just ready for a change well I know that feeling ,it's taken me all over North America { the real reason they call us Journeymen in my book } either way spring a good way off yet so there's plenty of time to make a decision it's not like there's an axe over your head or anything

Sorry to see that mess Scott! Like you said the timing sucks seeing as how you got the 21 year itch. We are lookin to come west if you see something with property that comes up. Pm me if you want me to keep my eyes open for property for you.

I didn't know you were thinking of moving , I would suggest you consider a steel sided pole barn instead of cashing out your equity , after 21 years you've probably built something there and I don't know how the market is where you are but It's not great here and I keep hearing horror stories out of the Windsor area from people with little equity trying to re-write on a house that they owe way more than current market value . We could probably gang up and build you a nice pole barn in a couple of weeks for a pretty good price but if your just ready for a change well I know that feeling ,it's taken me all over North America { the real reason they call us Journeymen in my book } either way spring a good way off yet so there's plenty of time to make a decision it's not like there's an axe over your head or anything
Hey Chris,the house in my area sell for $600Kplus and sell within a week.I,m gonna look for something around the $350K zone,which should leave me plenty for a shop if it does,nt already have one.I,m 5 mins from work now and want no more than 45 mins away from work.I,ve got 5 yrs left to retire and want to be setup before that.

Hey Scott, I just got caught up. I am now in the new house and just un packing everything. That sucks about the motor but as you said thats the racing game. One year I remember our buddy Mike going thru a couple of motors. Are going back to Active?

man I wish I had 5 hrs left to retirement , after my divorce a couple of years ago I'm probably going to have to go all Trailer Park Boys to retire now LOL , I'm looking for the right spot to do the Maple syrup thing , the land I have by Kearney is a little too small and the lack of a road or services is a bit of a drawback to building there so I'm thinking I'll find a better piece not too far away and skidoo/quad in to that piece during the sap run ,hopefully i can find a nice little cabin on 60+acres I can rent during the summer to offset the mortgage I found one spot but it's too far east { in western Quebec }.

Scott, I am so sorry to hear this, but your attitude is admirable. We used to say "TR" when the car broke........That's Racing :burnout:

Looks like you'll be busy this winter LOL. Do I hear 9's 8)

Pieces of the block missing,cracked,rod pushing through the pan.I,d have to say the crank let go,but will know for sure once I pull it and disassemble.Yep,I can,t complain as I,ve ran the bajeebles out of this engine without a hicup.:D.Onto the next one!

Wow :sad8: I opened the last page and came back here.
It would be nice to see a rod broke away from the crank and save that crank and get another block ready.
Remember you still have to get to the 9.99 know for 6pk2goDemon :burnout:

This power plant has been good to you :cheers:
You've built a dandy there, I hope all other parts are there for you when you take it down :coffee2:

-
Back