Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Just got off the phone with the painter,my car goes for paint next weekend.WooHoo!:cheers:Hoping to get it back by Christmas.:D

Buy?Have you lost your mind Chris?I have to pay again to have the bodywork finished and painted$$$ then my daughters birthday 2 days before Chri$tmas.Oh and I also need to get my engine redone.Are you giving out loans?:tard:

I think the color looks very cool. The car will look great and the price is right. Can't argue with that. Leave the factory correct colors for the resto/numbers dudes.

Buy?Have you lost your mind Chris?I have to pay again to have the bodywork finished and painted$$$ then my daughters birthday 2 days before Chri$tmas.Oh and I also need to get my engine redone.Are you giving out loans?:tard:
\

Your an Auto worker you got more money than god buddy but if you need a loan well 10% service and 10% a month is the going rate I believe.

PS please remember to make all interest payments monthly to the nice gentlemen who stop by to collect :nike:

and I did say sell the furd paint surely you can find a furd guy willing to overpay for it ,I hear they're not too bright ,and yes I just called you surely:-D

It may have been mixed first by Ford hands..........but it will look much better painted on a Mopar!!!!!

Scott, you should have just gave us the paint code.:lol:

I started reading this thread at about page 20, already knowing what the eng's outcome, was going to be........but was still hoping for a differant one............

So have you got the bottom end apart yet.

I still don't think it was fuel or Hydo.......

The bottom end should give up a little bit more of the story..............

Scott,

Sorry to hear about the motor. I'll bet that your new build will be better and faster than the old one. I'm also glad that it will finally be painted, if nothing else it will feel faster painted your favorite blue. I hope my combo gets close to the times you've posted.

Bill S.

Scott,

Sorry to hear about the motor. I'll bet that your new build will be better and faster than the old one. I'm also glad that it will finally be painted, if nothing else it will feel faster painted your favorite blue. I hope my combo gets close to the times you've posted.

Bill S.
Thanks for the encouragement DemonRacer,I can only hope everything works out for springtime.:burnout:

It proves the saying, up from the ashes grow the roses of success. Sorry about your motor, congrats on getting the car painted! Can't wait till the day the wagon goes into the booth. Someday.

Well seeing it,s a warm sunny day today,I,m gonna go row some gears in the 73 Dart Sport 340 4 speed.Might aswell stop by and see the 66 Dart while cruising,might get some shots of progress.:burnout:

Enjoy the day Scott. I will be out there rowing with ya' tmm

It was nice to get out for a drive so late in the fall Toolman.I took a couple pics of my cars trunklid and a modification taken from TinCup,s pro-mod car.It,s the 80,s Iroc spoiler.I can,t believe how close this spoiler is to the contour of the 66 Dart trunklid.Kudo,s to TinCup for sharing this mod for the Early-A group.:cheers:
Trunklid needs a major redo with the bondo,we,ll see how good of a tin knocker this bodyman is.The engine bay and underhood,dash,tops of doors and steering column will all be repainted the same colour as the outside of the car also.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 409.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 410.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 411.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 412.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 413.jpg

I bet that is going to come out great with that spoiler.

We,ll see Cliff,said he might surprise me.:glasses7:

That is unreal :cheers: Wow!! Looks great and be helpful in a few ways :cheers:

LIKE IT A LOT!!!!!!! Here is to your paint crew :drinkers:

Well I,ve been working my tail off 6 days a week for the past 2 months.I finally made it by the engine builders.Here,s where I,m at with damaged parts.My heads have 2 bent intake valves,3 exhaust,roller cam is damaged(just by a couple thou where lifters run.:banghead:)broken double roller timing chain,need 1 H-beam rod,couple damaged pistons and no word yet on if my crank is salvageable.The engine builder was away for the day,but his brother said he has a plan for my build.I,ll have to wait and see when he gets back.The car is getting massaged and ready for paint,guess I won,t see it til the New Year.Til later...

-
Back