Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
To bad I missed you. I was down talking to Wayne at 9:30 about my 273, he was trying to talk me into a stroker. he couldnt understand why i wanted to stay stock with a small displacement motor.

To bad I missed you. I was down talking to Wayne at 9:30 about my 273, he was trying to talk me into a stroker. he couldnt understand why i wanted to stay stock with a small displacement motor.
I didn,t get there til 1:00 o,clock,to bad I missed ya Mike.Wayne didn,t mention talking to you?Usually they fill me in with all things Mopar.Wayne did say he,s been searching Racingjunk.com for a SS car(Big time Chebby guys:blah5:).He said he,s missed racing and wants a second childhood!LOL

Well I,ve been working my tail off 6 days a week for the past 2 months.I finally made it by the engine builders.Here,s where I,m at with damaged parts.My heads have 2 bent intake valves,3 exhaust,roller cam is damaged(just by a couple thou where lifters run.:banghead:)broken double roller timing chain,need 1 H-beam rod,couple damaged pistons and no word yet on if my crank is salvageable.The engine builder was away for the day,but his brother said he has a plan for my build.I,ll have to wait and see when he gets back.The car is getting massaged and ready for paint,guess I won,t see it til the New Year.Til later...

Any idea what let go first, or is it too bad to tell?

If your cam isn't too bad you might be able to get it welded up and reground. I don't know what kind of cam it is but I know Racer brown did a repair for a buddy of mine. You might check with the manufacturer.

Any idea what let go first, or is it too bad to tell?

If your cam isn't too bad you might be able to get it welded up and reground. I don't know what kind of cam it is but I know Racer brown did a repair for a buddy of mine. You might check with the manufacturer.
Tracy,it is a solid roller cam,custom grind.I,ll have to ask about welding,but not sure on a billet peice?Also as I mentioned earlier,with my float being stuck and me not knowing til after driving to tech(was about 40* out with no choke)We,re suspicious of #2 main journal.Will know more when I get to actually sit down and talk with both the brothers and get there opinions,cause we don,t want this happening again.I feel it,s my fault for not changing the oil right away after finding the float stuck and dumping fuel down the intake.:violent1:

"We,re suspicious of #2 main journal" this is the spot where Wayne mentioned the oiling upgrade to Mike. You might want to mention it to them. He said he was looking into it for you.

Tracy,it is a solid roller cam,custom grind.I,ll have to ask about welding,but not sure on a billet peice?Also as I mentioned earlier,with my float being stuck and me not knowing til after driving to tech(was about 40* out with no choke)We,re suspicious of #2 main journal.Will know more when I get to actually sit down and talk with both the brothers and get there opinions,cause we don,t want this happening again.I feel it,s my fault for not changing the oil right away after finding the float stuck and dumping fuel down the intake.:violent1:

I'm not sure on a Billet piece either but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I figured it was time for an update on my stroker rebuild:banghead:

2 new pistons(.040)new rings all 8
2 new h-beam rods
3 new valves,guides,springs
new roller lifters
new Manton push rods
new 4 inch Eagle crank,bearings
new solid roller cam,cam bearings
machine work to new block
new Milidon pan and pickup

This will basically be the same build with a few minor changes to keep me in the mid 10,s.I can,t afford to go into the 9,s yet.LOL

Should be ready as soon as I can come up with the money(great more overtime:sad2:)Hopefully everything comes together in time for spring race season.Lots of work again and I,m not getting any younger.:tongue3:

sounds like things are getting a little tight there buddy ,maybe I should take that fastback off your hands to lighten the burden for you ?

hey I'm all about helping others man , how big a cabinet do you need ? how much cash do you want ? I could bring paper money in person instead if you can get by without a new cabinet . you know I'm here for you man .

Thanks for the offer Paul,but I,ll make due.I,ve been in worse predicaments before.Atleast I still have my job:cheers:

On a second note I,ve been talking with 2Darts(Mike)about graphics for the 66 Dart.Now I,ve always called this car Clarice from Silence of the Lambs(one of my favorite movies with Anthony hopkins)and this is a pic that 2Darts just sent me.What you all think??This is for my race car..
View attachment pettybludart[1].JPG
This is a old pic of my car with added graphics for veiwing

Thanks for the offer Paul,but I,ll make due.I,ve been in worse predicaments before.Atleast I still have my job:cheers:

On a second note I,ve been talking with 2Darts(Mike)about graphics for the 66 Dart.Now I,ve always called this car Clarice from Silence of the Lambs(one of my favorite movies with Anthony hopkins)and this is a pic that 2Darts just sent me.What you all think??This is for my race car..
View attachment 289979

That is a cool graphic.

View attachment 289979

Who the heck is Paul ? That is a sick looking graphics pack , is that going to be paint or Vinyl ?

Sorry Chris LOL I,m sure it,s vinyl,but I,m wundering how it would look on the other side of the car(reversed)??I,m thinking more of a cartoon lamb with Hannibils mask on LOL

Spell it backwards on the other side like it was a translucent sticker on the outside of a window and you were looking from the inside ,if that makes sense it will be kinda arty that way , the cartoon lamb idea sounds cool too how about a rendering ? Maybe I should change my name for a while ?

Cool, maybe put the Lector face mask on the hood?
Well first things first here Wally,still need paint on the hood and a stroker engine under the hood LOL.Then I,ll figure out the graphics with 2Darts.These plans take time and money...all in due time for spring.:D

just having fun with a bit of spare time, I agree, we need to do some changes and play with the idea, and the possibilies are endless....but it's a start...PS your rims ar in Taranta

Yeah Mike,lots of time to fiddle with the idea.I have to go get the rims next week when I,m on afternoons(Shops open throught the daytime and I,m working)

-
Back