Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Thanks guys!I just hope I don,t scratch the Ba-jeebles out of it getting it back together.:eek:ops:
Looks great Scott. You may already know this but if you can find some old blankets or bed sheets to throw over the fenders (inner and outer) they'll help a lot to reduce the scratches/nicks when assembling it cause I guarantee a wrench will slip or you'll drop something on that nice new paint. Happens to me every time.

Looks great Scott. You may already know this but if you can find some old blankets or bed sheets to throw over the fenders (inner and outer) they'll help a lot to reduce the scratches/nicks when assembling it cause I guarantee a wrench will slip or you'll drop something on that nice new paint. Happens to me every time.

A buddy dropped a set of wire pliers on his freshly painted 72 Cuda quarter and chipped it already he also chipped the paint while installing his deck lid. Good thing that he is a painter. He just said "no big deal".

The flake looks great in the sunlight like you said.Nice blue! But ya know what,I kinda liked that old battleship gray ,too. :D

Looks great, I am very jealous! I hope to get my Valiant painted this year, (fingers crossed) there is a Mopar body guy wants to see my car next month, he has an opening in his shop, a few months ago he had a 65 Cuda on his rotisserie so he should know his early A's good too!

It just does not look right sitting there on four skinny tires and rims.
I can not wait to see it in it's normal 2 wheel stance !!!
Paint looks great !!!

Hey Tracy,not so worried about the engine bay.I,ve got plenty old bed sheets to tear up,it,s more the bumpers,trim and such.I guess I,ll be useing a bunch of masking tape to protect the paint.With my shift work I,m usually out working when everybodies sleep,n.Time to get my engine,hope to get a bunch done by easter.:D

Congrats on finally getting your car home and in paint too. That blue looks great w/ all the metallic in it.

Hopefully that new smooth surface will have you cuttin' thru the traps even faster this season :burnout:

Wow look at the pretty sparkles LOL, can't wait to see some tough numbers from that new motor , git her dun

I can not believe how fast you move sometimes.

Do you sleep?
LOL After not working in my garage for over 3 months(no room with 2 cars and 66 Dart parts everywhere)I have the itch to get it back together.While at work all day,I think of what to do next on the car.My goal is to have the windows(front and rear)installed Easter weekend and have it running and mobile by then.I have to rewire the car for the 7AL 2-step box.This installing trim without a scratch is very time consuming,but heck..is just a race car.Yes I sleep 4-5 LOL,anymore then that and I,m tired all day.:D

We,ve been having a parts shortage at work,so only been working 1/2 days for a week now :thumblef:.So I,ve been getting lots done on the car,just waiting on 7AL 2 step box and windsheild install(Easter weekend).The car is ready to fire once the 7AL box arrives.I got my Dodge stickers on the rear 1/4s so my car isn,t called a Valiant anymore..:angry4:
View attachment photo[3].JPG

View attachment photo[1].JPG

Looks great Scott! Love the color. Doesn't matter what brand it is. tmm

Yeehaw!! :cheers: Great choice on the color Scott :cheers:
I just found out you have it at home and color is on and looking great :glasses7:
This has got to be one of the fastest A bodies on this site :hello1:
Take your time and enjoy :thumblef: Wow we are so happy for you and I can still remember the day you got the call it made the trip home with the slant six in it :coffee2:, You have built one hell of a Dart brother :D and I bet they won't be asking if that fast Valiant is going to show up at the track :thumblef:
With that smooth/Beautifully dun paint job you may pick up a tenth :glasses7:
Congratulations :thumblef: I bet you only get 4 hours of sleep each night now :D

-
Back