Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
I just seen the wax bottle Scott!! Did your painter tell you anything about waiting to put wax on it ???

I just seen the wax bottle Scott!! Did your painter tell you anything about waiting to put wax on it ???
Ah just used a dab to get some of the glue off from the sticky paper from the dodge stickers.Still waiting on my 7AL Plus 2 Step box,it,s coming from summit via USPS.I coulda swore I said UPS?Oh well,should be here this week then time to fire the Beast!!LOL

Ah just used a dab to get some of the glue off from the sticky paper from the dodge stickers.Still waiting on my 7AL Plus 2 Step box,it,s coming from summit via USPS.I coulda swore I said UPS?Oh well,should be here this week then time to fire the Beast!!LOL
I wish I could be there for the fire up :shaking2:
Get ready back bone!! here comes the G'es :burnout:
May you have a great year and quit bending or breaking the week area's that engine is throwing :burnout:

I see a standing tall T-shirt 10.047 pass this year Petty :burnout:
Still subscribed to this small block Dodge Dart :cheers:

One step closer to fire up!I just need to do some minor wiring for tach,alt,line-loc.Windows are being installed tomorrow,then add some fuel,set timing blah,blah.Not sure what I,ll do with 5 more days off work?LOL:D

sounds like somebody will be getting some T&T time in this weekend -yeah buddy "git er dun"
No T&T this weekend,but has been a Good Friday for sure!!:D
The 66 Dart Lives again!!LOL
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYcYSDst5nA&feature=youtu.be"]2012 66 DART 019.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Glad to see she's alive Scott!

Are you? after the $$$ outlay??

:happy1:
Yes ofcourse I,m glad she,s alive.You only live once and I enjoy the racing hobbie abit more than sitting/standing by my car at a car show.Meeting members at shows/drag strip is my highlight at a show.:D

Hey Petty what series are you going to race in or do you save it all for Mopar Day? Have you heard of the DSE series at TMP... I've run with the OSCA for the past 5 years or more but this DSE series look really good. They even have two races with Wally trophys up for grabs.

We are thinking taking the Express to TMP next weekend if the weather holds.

Also have you heard of the Dragstip Memories show next Sundays at the Hamilton Airport?

Later

Hey Petty what series are you going to race in or do you save it all for Mopar Day? Have you heard of the DSE series at TMP... I've run with the OSCA for the past 5 years or more but this DSE series look really good. They even have two races with Wally trophys up for grabs.

We are thinking taking the Express to TMP next weekend if the weather holds.

Also have you heard of the Dragstip Memories show next Sundays at the Hamilton Airport?

Later
Right now I just run with ONDR,gonna join OSCA nextyear.I,ve also gone to a couple DSE events.Yes I,ve heard about the Dragstrip memories show.An ONDR member(which is also the annoucer for Cayuga)is putting the show together.I,m hoping to get out also next weekend for a couple breakin passes,if I get my cars wiring all sorted out.I,ll look for you at the track.:thumblef:

Rob Potter has a great collection, should be a good show!

Yeah sometimes I wish I could run ONDR. It's nice cheap fun... They may let the Dart in but the Express being a 79 isn't aloud... 73 is the cut off right?

Yeah I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Well after a rough Easter weekend with my mom having a massive stroke,then passing the following weekend(Rest in Peace Mom)I will be getting out this saturday for a couple test runs.Woohoo!After May 24 my Ron Francis harness will be getting installed by a friend that builds race cars for a living.Wiring isn,t my strongest point and figure I,ll get someone that can do a better job.I have too much added to the weak,stock harness.Updates to follow.Load er up!!
View attachment photo[66.jpg

View attachment photo[8.jpg

Your Dart turned out great! That big Dodge decal let's everybody know you mean business. Sounds like you've had a rough go since Easter. Celebrate her life and God bless you. Mike

Thought I,d give an update.:coffee2:My car has been running strong again so far with a best of 10.68@123mph 60fts are back at 1.44-46.The car is at my friends shop now for the Ron Francis wiring harness install.This winter I,ll be swapping to my electric waterpump,new rad and electric fans.Hope this saves me some HP.

Second note:Today would,ve been my moms 75 birthday.Today we,re having a family gathering and are putting my mom,s ashes in a nitche.RIP mom,we love you and miss you dearly.:angel10:

It has been a tuff year for you Scott and can I say you was blest to have such a great lady for a mom.
Bless you and your family and friends today

Well after a rough Easter weekend with my mom having a massive stroke,then passing the following weekend(Rest in Peace Mom)I will be getting out this saturday for a couple test runs.Woohoo!After May 24 my Ron Francis harness will be getting installed by a friend that builds race cars for a living.Wiring isn,t my strongest point and figure I,ll get someone that can do a better job.I have too much added to the weak,stock harness.Updates to follow.Load er up!!
View attachment 324262

View attachment 324263

Wow, it really does look!

Getting wiring done,everything will be on panels behind the glove box(7AL2-2step and fuse panel) coming down on pass.side.The Ron Francis harness calls for a ford regulator and solenoid,so have made the swap.Solenoid is in the trunk by the shutoff switch which I,m switching to a push/pull rod instead of the turning switch..ON/OFF.The car should be done this week as I,m racing next weekend.A couple pics..

Hmm pics won,t load from I-phone.:banghead:

-
Back