Finally took my Demon down the 1320

-
3.55s with 28" tire that measures closer to 29" is the issue. A 4.10 or 4.30, a 4000 stall and maybe throw in a transbrake and the 60' is cured. :)

You don' even need the transbrake..my duster w/416 use to 60' in the low 1.40's with nothing more then 3.91's a pinion snubber and drag shocks..with that mph 128 you should be well into the 10's..

You don' even need the transbrake..my duster w/416 use to 60' in the low 1.40's with nothing more then 3.91's a pinion snubber and drag shocks..with that mph 128 you should be well into the 10's..

Cool :)
I won't need the snubber, 4 link out back.

Need a roll bar,,,I got crap for no SFI jacket, but nothing about roll bar. Faster then 11.49 needs a bar, am I correct on that?

Cool :)
I won't need the snubber, 4 link out back.

Need a roll bar,,,I got crap for no SFI jacket, but nothing about roll bar. Fast then 11.49 needs a bar, am I correct on that?

You need both the jacket and roll bar going 11.49 or faster..4-link..get some gears and your all set:D:D

How did that happen! D-50394?

I pulled up one spot got out of car to watch a friend go down track and the person behind me started their car in gear and instead of hitting the brake they stomped the gas. Rammed my Demon in the back and shoved it into the car in front of mine. I got a $5600.00 estimate and that was it.

Attachments

• 101312.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 235
  • rear.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 225
Damn! Looks like a really nice car before that happened. I dont know how I would act if that happened to me.

I pulled up one spot got out of car to watch a friend go down track and the person behind me started their car in gear and instead of hitting the brake they stomped the gas. Rammed my Demon in the back and shoved it into the car in front of mine. I got a $5600.00 estimate and that was it.

That really blows,,,especially the assault charge I'd end up with as well if it was my car...😡. $5600, what's that going to fix, a quarter of the damage? Unibody bent up, off to the wrecker or salvageable?

It was the guys girl friend that did it so I did not think it was a good idea to attack her.

I remember talking to you at the nationals two years ago bugging you about not taking that thing down the track haha. Your demon has always been my favorite in that tent and I'm glad to see your not afraid to beat on that old slut.

I remember talking to you at the nationals two years ago bugging you about not taking that thing down the track haha. Your demon has always been my favorite in that tent and I'm glad to see your not afraid to beat on that old slut.

Thanks a bunch, and ya, I love to wind her out when I get the chance. It was nice to finally give it a go at the track, no head on a swivel for cops, and able to go through all 3 gears. Now I need a roll bar and some gear to go quicker. :)

Since your motor is a stroked small block (Probably 4 in) the lower gear will not pickup a whole lot. Especially in the 1/4. A couple of years ago I had 5.14's in my D50 and broke them I stuck some 3.50's in it and I only slowed down from a 6.34 to a 6.39 in the 1/8 and crossed the finish line in second gear. It is a 3.79 stroke 340 pump gas motor.(394 cu. in.)

It feels very doggy off the line with this gear compared to the 4.30s I used to have. I switched gear when I went from 29" tall tire to my 26" tall low profile drag radials.
I think I'm going to make up another 489 case with a spool and the 4.30s I still have. Will give it a shot and see if I'm dreaming or not. Will have to wait till next summer though.

Ya picked up 6 mph by keeping it in second longer,higher shift point. Why would you keep shifting at the lower rpm? She screamed at you what she likes!

First run was a **** show with no idea where I was shifting, 2nd run I picked 6800 for a shift point as a place to start, obviously it pulls longer. I was going to up shift point on 3rd run but it never happened as it was busy and too late for me. Might get another test n tune night in next Friday, weather permitting. I will post up results if it happens.

It feels very doggy off the line with this gear compared to the 4.30s I used to have. I switched gear when I went from 29" tall tire to my 26" tall low profile drag radials.
I think I'm going to make up another 489 case with a spool and the 4.30s I still have. Will give it a shot and see if I'm dreaming or not. Will have to wait till next summer though.

I have a set of 4.57s set up on a spool in a 489 case if you're interested.

Don't know what cam you have but more converter would help a ton off the line. My converter flashed 5200 behind the 408 and I drove it a bunch with no issues.

Nice car BTW.

I have a set of 4.57s set up on a spool in a 489 case if you're interested.

Don't know what cam you have but more converter would help a ton off the line. My converter flashed 5200 behind the 408 and I drove it a bunch with no issues.

Nice car BTW.

You can shoot me a PM for what you want for that case. My converter is tight, 3200, but when I assembled the car it was intended for street use only. Since it will always remain a street car I doubt I would go looser then 4-4500 stall. Motor has all the TQ in by 4500rpm.

-
Back