First Post

-

MoparDennis

Reaction score
Hi my name is Dennis and I am a Moparaholic.

Just purchased my sons 1st Car today. He is officially a Mopar Guy now!

Picked up a 69 Dart GT, 318, AT, AC Car (Semi Rough) but a good first car. I'm actually a little jealous (4bbl, Cam and Headers, Elect Ign,8 3/4 )

Might be too much car for him, but he is pretty responsible. Might have to put a 2bbl back on.

I am an owner of a 69 GTS 340, 4spd Car. Have owned another 69 Dart Western Sport Special, and 3-340 Dusters and a 67 Barracuda Vert 273 Commando. Also 96 V10 Dodge Ram, now a 2001 RAM 2500 4X Diesel 5spd.

Picked up a 69 Dart GT, 318, AT, AC Car (Semi Rough) but a good first car. I'm actually a little jealous (4bbl, Cam and Headers, Elect Ign,8 3/4 )

Might be too much car for him, but he is pretty responsible. Might have to put a 2bbl back on.

Teach him how to drive it.

I took my oldest daughter out and showed her how to drive with speed in a straight line as well as in corners. She then had to learn how to correct for fishtail. Finally, she had to make a low speed run through the gears, a mid speed run, and a full throttle gear-banging run before I gave her the green light to drive the car without me. I emphasized safety at all times. She has been a responsible driver. A friend of hers had a built 2006 Mustang and let her drive it under his supervision. After one session with her he would let her drive his car without him. It bugged his buddies that he would trust her with it while he didn't trust them.

Dennis, welcome to FABO from another OC member. You're going to have fun here!
Keep an eye open for my future thread with information about Inland Mopars Car Club's all-Mopar car show currently scheduled for May 19, 2012.
Were you at Fall Fling last Saturday in Van Nuys?

The car is never to much for the driver....it's almost always the other way around.

Give him your best advice and tell him to watch out for everyone else.

He should realize he is driving an antique and treat it as such.

Your a cool dad.

Mop

Welcome to FABO!Sounds like a lucky son,all I got a 16 yrs old was stupid Pinto!LOL

Good luck and show him the ropes around a toolbox for repairs,improvements.:D

Can you be MY father too? :prayer:

Welcome aboard Dennis. Hope your son has signed up for this site also. We'll keep Him on the straight and narrow...:evil2: maybe :burnout:

Great to have two more 69 Darts on board.

Attachments

• Bills Swinger (Small).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 178
Here is an updated picture. It's allowed to be parked in driveway now!

2013-07-20_12-44-37_26.jpg

-
Back