First Post

-

340FORMULA

Reaction score
:newb:I joined the site today, although I have browsed here for awhile I find it hard to bite my tongue sometimes and that is why I chose to not be a member. This site is full of great members and good info, my problem being there are a few who choose to be smart alecs and start fights instead of being helpful. I am an old fogie and have been around these cars for years, I hope to learn and help others learn by being here. As long as were on the subject of my dislikes, I will bring up the subject of people parting these cars out. Seriously, if your parting out two original 340 cars at the same time maybe you should get a job and quit destroying all our beloved Mopars. Thats one example, I dont care if its grandmas cherry dart or a 340 car, lets save these cars instead of being greedy. I know alot of times you can make more parting a car out and I have no problem parting out a 4 door valiant with rusty frame rails and no interior, you guys know what I mean, if you care about the hobby then you understand. Glad to be here:newb::snakeman::snakeman::angel9:

Welcome, good to have another member from Georgia. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here.

Seriously though, I know what you are saying.
Hack em up and make a profit does seem to happen a lot and it makes me kinda sad too.
But hey, nobody's doing it to mine while I have it.:D

Welcome to FABO.

:newb:I joined the site today, although I have browsed here for awhile I find it hard to bite my tongue sometimes and that is why I chose to not be a member. This site is full of great members and good info, my problem being there are a few who choose to be smart alecs and start fights instead of being helpful. I am an old fogie and have been around these cars for years, I hope to learn and help others learn by being here. As long as were on the subject of my dislikes, I will bring up the subject of people parting these cars out. Seriously, if your parting out two original 340 cars at the same time maybe you should get a job and quit destroying all our beloved Mopars. Thats one example, I dont care if its grandmas cherry dart or a 340 car, lets save these cars instead of being greedy. I know alot of times you can make more parting a car out and I have no problem parting out a 4 door valiant with rusty frame rails and no interior, you guys know what I mean, if you care about the hobby then you understand. Glad to be here:newb::snakeman::snakeman::angel9:

Welcome from a recently new fellow member.

I hear what you are saying about a select few here that seem to have no problem with being nasty or have a smart-*** response, but I have noticed that the overwhelming majority here are a great bunch of guys who really know their stuff!

Welcome 65 cuda formula s here not original completely but most cannot tell and it drives safely and runs great. We love to have the identity of our old age verses the unidentity of new cars so welcome home and mopar or no car!

As long as were on the subject of my dislikes, I will bring up the subject of people parting these cars out.

U mean like what this guy did to a good running 1961 Mopar, he must had spent days taking all these parts off, what a jerk. I bet 80% of the parts will not sell

http://www.ebay.com/sch/stoney5410/...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&_trksid=p4340.l2562

And this item tells how he drove the car around his lot before ripping it all apart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-61-CHR...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item336eb882b8

Welcome there 340Formula. Although I part out more than a few cars a year, not one has been anywhere near saveable. All of the cars I part are way too far gone to save, and the ones that are saveable I will get them up and ready to pass along to their future owner. Don't be too hard on those of us parting cars, at least the parts help those in need of saving their cars!! Geof

ahhhh, so, i see you posted something to me in my thread a minute ago, so i figured i would see what your other 5 posts were!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAM ! I HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. YOU JOINED THIS SITE, JUST SO YOU WERE ABLE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE CARS I PART OUT. HERE IS ONE FOR YOU. FO GUCK THE COW YOU RODE IN HERE ON!. I DO NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO ANYONE. BUT I WILL. THERE IS A MEMBER HERE, THAT HAS BEEN TO MY HUSE RECENTLY FOR PARTS. ASK HIM IF THESE CARS ARE SAVABLE. DO YOU THINK EVERONE IS AS STUPID AS YOU?
OF COURSE WE ALL WISH WE CAN SAVE THEM ALL. I WISH I COULD SAVE EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD. EVEN A CRACKHEAD!

WHY WOULD I NEED A JOB. LETS DO THE MATH..
I BOUGHT THE GREEN 70 340-4 SPEED CAR FOR 3,100.00 COST ME 200 TO GET IT HOME. TOTAL OF 3,300.00 IN (TO ME AND ALOT OTHERS) UN-SAVABLE CONDITION
i sold everything off of the car, and kept the body, fendertag, title, and vin tag. also kept the engine and trans!. i still got 4450 in parts off it.
the other car was a wedge car. i bought it for 2200.00 cost 600.00 to go get it for a total of 2,800.00
i sold everything off the car minus the grille(sharktooth) and themanifolds, and surgriop rear. i got 3600 in money back out of it and just last night, i sold the sharktoothe grille that i restored out of it for 1700.00 on ebay. another grille i kep out of the 70, i got with it, sold for 960.00 this morning on ebay!.
also, in the meantime, i am in the middle of restoring a 70 340 fm3 duster.
why would i need a job??????????????????lmao that is my job. this wedge duster number correct engine is on its way to iowa!. lets see, it needs full floors, all 4 frame rails, trunk, trunk extensions, inner fender, tailpanel.. you name it, it needs it.

maybe you have millions of dollars to sit here and pass judgement, but remeber this. if/when you go to restore a 70-76 duster or dart 340 car, DO NOT LOOK AT ME TO SELL YOU PARTS!. no, what i should say, is i know you will not be restoring anything/therefore you have no car how you insult someone

if you see where some of these car are that i have to use a skid steer with tracks to get out, the maybe you would under stand. but you do not, cause you probably have a 9-5 job, and then come home and have all night to insult the next man

i have sold thousands of items on here in just a short time, and any member that has bought from me, can tell you i am a nice guy but easily aggitated, like now

oh, by the way, i do not have two 340 cars parting out. i have now 4 340 cars, 1 dart 340 and 9 plane jane partouts going. so, keep an eye out for the good parts to roll right out the door before i turn a single wrench.

i actually do not even have to do much work!. i get an average of 30 posts a day for guys looking for the parts they need for there own dreams!. i help make that happen. who are they gonna turn to when they are doing a clone,a nd want an awesome deal on a 340 rally dash complete for 500.00 shipped? me, that is who they turn to, and i will continue to support all of their dreams, as long as i can keep pulling them out of the woodwork!.

and any member that has bought from me, can tell you i am a nice guy but easily aggitated, like now

I would have never guessed! LOL Lets join and bust someones balls.... LOL Stay strong Plot....... I may need you shortly!

I gotta say 340plot you sure do know how to lay out the welcome mat eh?? Ya cant expect everyone to take your side with the amount of flipping/cutting/parting you do.

They are his cars who cares what he does? He is right though someone has to part and collect parts so others can save the cars that are savable. I certainly don't look down on him for it. He does the dirty work so others can play.

-
Back