First time out with tranzbrake ??

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
OK the time is nearing for my first attempts with a transbrake.I,ve upgraded most everything that could break so far..
Dana60 with 4.30 spool
CalTracs
Chromemoly driveshaft..1350 u-joints,billet yoke
7AL 2step Plus

My converter is an 8 inch Coan 4500 stall.My question is "Whats a good RPM"to start my launches at?I,m thinking I,ll start at 3500 and work my way up to 4500.I,ve got the butterfly feelings again with wondering how the car will react.(Going straight,pulling left or right,Too much wheelie,which I don,t want)

So,what have others started there RPM at when first trying their tranzbrakes?

I would start at 3000 and go up from there. We launch our Dart at 3600. Any higher than 4400 and it will usually spin the tires.

I don't run a transbrake, but I'm interested to see what your car will do Scott!? Maybe it's something I should do? I've heard it's harder on parts though?

I don't run a transbrake, but I'm interested to see what your car will do Scott!? Maybe it's something I should do? I've heard it's harder on parts though?
alleyoop,I,m also interested to see what it,ll do.I definetly don,t wanna do any big wheelies,just carry the wheels abit further and hopefully improve my 60fts and reaction times.As for parts handleing the impact,I think I,ve got that pretty well covered with the upgraded parts lastyear.Thanks for all the reply,I will start with 3000rpm and see how it works out.:tongue10:

If the converter is right your ET probably will not improve. My car ET's and 60 foots the same with the footbrake or the transbrake. Reaction time however is different. It's red light city off the transbrake on a .5 tree.

I have a 71 Demon small block stroked (426 cubic inch) with a 904 tranny ,transbrake and a 8 inch torque converter. I launch at 3600 rpm but I would start at 3000 first just to see how your car reacts. If you go up higher in the RPM the front end will come up quicker and possibly spin the rear tires. I have been using a transbrake for 7 years. I have both foot braked and trans braked it and it has the same 60 ft 1.38. i like the transbrake...good luck.

I launch at 4000 rpm's and 1.21 60 ft time.
9.02 et.
Any faster and I'd have to go Super Pro.

racecar.jpg

OK so my first time out with the transbrake wasn,t too bad considering it was a cold 37* LOL.Leaving at 3000rpm 60fts 1.53 spinning [email protected] the new reverse shift pattern Cheetah shifter,I hit 2nd gear right off the launch.I,m going out again sunday in warmer weather and will try different RPM at launch.I will also keep my hand off the shifter LOL.

Well today was interesting day.Only got 3 runs in due to the catastrophic failure of a Newer Challengers rearend exploding and spewing fluid all over the launch pad.:banghead:Then a 68 CamaroSS blew a top rad hose at the topend,then played pinball with the wall twice.I,m still getting used to the brake a reverse shifter.It,s like starting over again.Car ran 10.89@122 with a 1.49 60ft.I need to adjust the Caltracs,to get full benefits of the hit with the brake.I need more seat time also,might just footbrake next weekends event,unless I can get some runs in before saturday.I,ll try to get pics of the trashed Camaro up later.

Happy to hear you did get to race this last Strongend Scott :cheers: I have watched you go threw parts last year with the power house you have in your 66 and I am happy to see that all the strength upgrades are holding up :thumleft: Wow!! to set in a 10.50 car and feel the G's again and the thrill of the blur at the Finnish line has got to feel good :thumleft: Congratulations on the beginning of a great year :thumleft: Yea the revers pattern shifter is a lighter touch and it's easy to shift early I bet :eek:ops:..................Looking to brake out in 10.50 class soon :D at 122 mph you are still making power at the other end :thumleft:

-
Back