FiTech EFI system

-
I want to order one so bad but the dollar is only worth 0.70$ I guess I can't be a tight *** I will bite the bullet soon . kinda waiting for a member review .

Me too just waiting on some feed back,if all checks out well i will be ordering one of these. Shipping to Aus will do the damage!!!

Me too just waiting on some feed back,if all checks out well i will be ordering one of these. Shipping to Aus will do the damage!!!

I shouldn't complain I can get free shipping to Bangor Maine and have a friend pick it up for me and his grandson travels to pei reguraly .

After talking to them a couple times over the last week, Im going to be getting the 600hp power adder kit and will be putting it on my slant 6 with and offenhuaser 4bbl manifold and a nice little hairdryer setup.

Picked mine up at the border this morning.. will work at installing it this week during the evenings. Looks great!

I have had mine for a while now. It is just too dam hot to install it. This is supposed to be fun! haha, no fun in 106* weather.

Hey Louis, is that EFI 8 a 4150 bolt / hat size? Is that 1200 HP WITH E85 fuel flows?

The problem with a blow thru on a Dominator size carb is the size of the hat. My 499 has a 4500 flange intake, but I think I could run an adapter and be able to use a 4150 size hat with my V7 Ysi if the EFI can supply enough fuel for E85 flows..

Hey Louis, is that EFI 8 a 4150 bolt / hat size? Is that 1200 HP WITH E85 fuel flows?

The problem with a blow thru on a Dominator size carb is the size of the hat. My 499 has a 4500 flange intake, but I think I could run an adapter and be able to use a 4150 size hat with my V7 Ysi if the EFI can supply enough fuel for E85 flows..

Yes 4150

I would guess you would run out of fuel at 900-1000 on e85, Again that is a guess. I will soon find out once it cools off. Could possibly get more if I can find a way to increase the FP or dump theirs and run my own external FP Regulator.

Or if I can find bigger injectors and just swap them out. That might be the ticket.

Call today to check on order...was told that the shipment has been off loaded and waiting to clear customs....they should have the units in the next couple of days...and then begin fulfilling the orders...

Call today to check on order...was told that the shipment has been off loaded and waiting to clear customs....they should have the units in the next couple of days...and then begin fulfilling the orders...

I was there today. There were boxes of units in the shop and they had a guy in there mounting up a dual quad set up for testing. They test all units on running engines before they send them out to the customers to ensure they are up to the task.

I was there today. There were boxes of units in the shop and they had a guy in there mounting up a dual quad set up for testing. They test all units on running engines before they send them out to the customers to ensure they are up to the task.

why didn't you grab one for me....only want one...

Contacted Pace Performance Yesterday and received an email this morning stating their FiTech Fuel Injection 30002 Go EFI 4 600 HP Basic Kit & Fuel management systems will be in next week so it looks like they are moving these pretty quick ! Will be placing an order with them late next week.

Got started on my install last night. Mounted the fuel center low down near the frame rail. Not a lot of room in the engine bay, but the fuel system should get lots of air from the fan.

I ran fuel line from stock pump over to the sump system.. Left the carb on and started the car to fill up the sump, instead of turning it over several times to fill later.. Push lock fitting were easy to install and my Moroso air filter housing fits and clears.

Throttle body unit is bolted up, throttle and kickdown linkages hooked up as well.

Tonight... phase 2

Attachments

• 20150825_203620.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,676
  • 20150825_200533.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,750
  • 20150825_200539.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,479
  • 20150825_203640.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,840
I will be using existing distributor setup for the first bit to make sure it runs good ( as Fitech recommends) , then lock down the distributor, disable vacuum advance and mechanical and let the computer control all aspects of timing( thru handheld)

Got started on my install last night. Mounted the fuel center low down near the frame rail. Not a lot of room in the engine bay, but the fuel system should get lots of air from the fan.

I ran fuel line from stock pump over to the sump system.. Left the carb on and started the car to fill up the sump, instead of turning it over several times to fill later.. Push lock fitting were easy to install and my Moroso air filter housing fits and clears.

Throttle body unit is bolted up, throttle and kickdown linkages hooked up as well.

Tonight... phase 2
Nice install !!!
I am still have my battery under hood and gave up on the brackets supplied to mount it on left side.I am fabbing a bracket to mount it....
If my battery was in the trunk I would copy you.

With this system would you still be able to run the std throttle cable - rod kick down or you need to switch to the loker type cables. Thanks !

Not sure on the cables.. but it appears to have multiple mounting points on the linkage.. so I think it would work.

Got almost everything else done last night.. Only problem is the water temp sensor they send has a much larger thread size then the mopar intake. Looking at options to mount the sensor with an adapter or perhaps with a t into the heater line.

Hoping to start it tonight.

ken 5124 where or how will you be hooking up your fuel vapor line ? the out let on the management system (which has the tag on it.)

Hi, To answer your question, I will be running the fuel vent line under the car back to the trunk.. I am teeing into the fuel vent line (on the low side right beside the filler tube. I talked to Fitech about it and they felt it should work.

On another note... I got it started tonight, but have to let you know about a little problem i had ( now resolved) When I activated the system it poured about 2 inches of fuel in each of the four throttle bores... Not Good, obviously.. I turned off the power and soaked up the fuel with some rags.

Got on the phone with Ken, at Fitech ( i think the owner) and he quickly asked if I was using a msd digital 6. IMPORTANT NOTE ( he will be adding to his instructions) If your MSD displays the rev limit when you turn the key on, the EFI thinks you are at redline rpm, thus the gobs of fuel. Turned that off, cleared the fuel out of the motor, without starting, and the motor fired right up. I had to unhook the EFI tach feed line to turnoff the redline display option FYI

It has NEVER idled at 14.2 at idle before.. Quite impressed.

VENT LINE i didn't have it on as I warmed the engine... and after about 10 minutes, there was some fuel spitting out of that line.

No more running until I run the vent hose line, which I should be able to get done Sunday.

BTW the handheld controller is extremely easy to use, and I was able to richen the idle mixture and change the idle speed quite easily from inside the car.

Gonna like this a lot. Will post some more pictures and info as I get it on the road next week!!

-
Back