FLA Residents SAFETY CHECK!

-
I am here and ok just lost power for about a day and a half and the yard looks like hell. Even my sister and brother-in-law in Ruskin (east side of Tampa bay) fared well through this storm.

Here, massive debris, no structural damage. Bad flooding in daytona area. Sr 415 flooded. No power since 1900 hr Wednesday other wise all good.

We were easily "winning" the debris pile contest on our street until the across the street 2 doors down people started cutting down undamaged trees that were still standing.
$18 thrift store chain saw earned it's money.

5-6 inches of water in the garage is just about dried out.
Still have 2-3 inches in back yard low spot, and 45 foot radius soupy area.

Half the street behind us is without power.
Ours went out over 12 times the night of the storm but came back after 5 min and stayed on.

My mom lives on the other side of town and is without power.
Enormous (6 foot dia) tree 2 doors down lost a 3 foot split trunk and part of that took out the power line.
One of the phases is in the yard next door to her.
I took a dozen freezy packs over yesterday and can swap them out before they thaw.
I also dropped off a 6 way charge radio and showed her how to charge that, her light and her phone in her Dakota.

50% or more gas stations are out. Many more only have 2-3 pumps working.
Lines 2, 3, 4 cars deep some places.
Prices still $3.30-ish.

...and we found a kitten in the back yard a couple weeks before the storm and managed to get it in to the house 2 days before it hit.

Last edited:
I'm good in Weeki Wachee. Maybe couple inches of rain and light wind. I have family down in North Port, they lost
Some shingles and couple trees down.

My sister in Sebring Fl lost power the day it started at 6pm and is still off. They were told it’s going to be awhile. Lots of water.

D62BBD3C-5A66-4EA0-A652-D6D9B1C9D39E.jpeg

4C37EDA3-9F2A-473F-B7B9-FDD2F656168C.jpeg

Sebring almost got the cat 2 eye.

We dodged a bullet. Minor tree branches, and my tarp type carports, have some bent legs. Power was off for about 12 hrs, but that is just a minor inconvenience, compared to what others are going through

Roll Call!
I don't know all yall, but please check in for the ones that do
I'm here in Sun City Center. Lots of debris but no damage aside from 1 piece of aluminum facia that is easily replaced. lost power using ?i/an or 5 times for a couple minutes each time. We were very very fortunate.

Thanks for asking Ironracer....
OK here, SE Palm Bay area. Have power and cable!
Big property mess of palm fronds and high water level but no major damage. Was down to a TS by the time it got her, maybe 60-65 MPH winds.
Cool part was the eye went over and the sun came out for about 10 minutes.
Been thru much worse. We got lucky this time.

Mr. Duster is safe and sound :)

Last edited:
We were easily "winning" the debris pile contest on our street until the across the street 2 doors down people started cutting down undamaged trees that were still standing.
$18 thrift store chain saw earned it's money.

5-6 inches of water in the garage is just about dried out.
Still have 2-3 inches in back yard low spot, and 45 foot radius soupy area.

Half the street behind us is without power.
Ours went out over 12 times the night of the storm but came back after 5 min and stayed on.

My mom lives on the other side of town and is without power.
Enormous (6 foot dia) tree 2 doors down lost a 3 foot split trunk and part of that took out the power line.
One of the phases is in the yard next door to her.
I took a dozen freezy packs over yesterday and can swap them out before they thaw.
I also dropped off a 6 way charge radio and showed her how to charge that, her light and her phone in her Dakota.

50% or more gas stations are out. Many more only have 2-3 pumps working.
Lines 2, 3, 4 cars deep some places.
Prices still $3.30-ish.

...and we found a kitten in the back yard a couple weeks before the storm and managed to get it in to the house 2 days before it hit.

Don't forget in Florida today starts the gas tax holiday for the next 30 days. It will save you 25 cents per gallon.

I'm here in Sun City Center. Lots of debris but no damage aside from 1 piece of aluminum facia that is easily replaced. lost power using ?i/an or 5 times for a couple minutes each time. We were very very fortunate.
My sister and brother-in-law live across the highway from you.

I texted MDeroy, he is good. Minimal damage here in Grant Valkaria. Just south of Malabar I am.

Storm didn't seem to affect gas pricing despite what I've been reading elsewhere.

Was 3.29- 3.39 before.

Still is as of yesterday.

I filled up at 3.33, and we still have 8-10 gallons of non-eth in cans that was bought at 3.59-3.79 before E-10 went over $4.

I've been using the scooter for my storm related errands (and to scout gas prices) at 80-ish MPG.

spoke to relatives living in Orlando area a good fifty years now.....my 93 year old aunt is fine and back at her own place, electricity restored.
Her son told me having been through a few hurricanes and numerous tropical storms, his opinion was this hurricane was a severe one
Thoughts and prayers are with all of you who having went through this storm
I worked through Hurricane Sandy, was on the waterfront, that was enough for me

Branch is 5 inches diameter.
20220929_071858.jpg

20220929_110216.jpg

20220929_072359.jpg

20220930_105932.jpg

2 doors down from my mom's house.

She got power back late yesterday.

20220930_150747.jpg

20220930_150813.jpg

-