FM 3 SWINGERS

-
Reaction score
Does any one have an idea how many numbers matching FM 3 340 SWINGERS were made mine is a Canadian made hard top for US specification with a lot of add on from factory.

There use to be a pair of his and her FM3 340 Darts up in Seattle area. They were separate by one car on the assembly line.

Well i thought this was the page to find out more about Mopars but not seeing anything to answer my questions so i will leave this page and find out details on my Dart on my own.
Thank You

See ya later.

www.google.com is another site to check. Should come across a page or two dedicated to FM3 mopars. Have you done that yet?

Not sure what help your needing but we can’t read your mind as to what you’re thinking or wanting to know. There is a search feature on this site too.

I am pretty sure all of them were matching numbers from the factory .

As far as how many were made is another question .... they only made FM3 for 6 months .

You might want to give it a little more than 6 hours for a response. Most members are out doing things on a Saturday afternoon . Evenings are when we have the most viewers.

Sounds like he’s expecting folks here to fawn all over him. That didn’t happen and now he’s upset. I suppose he is used people making a fuss over him.

What'saFM3again,is that pink? Hyup I thinkit is. WellthenI had one in1970, Hyup itwas numbers matching until I blew thepos340up. After that it wasn't matching anymorecuzthey putaWarrantyengine init. Well thatfirst engine wasnot thepos, the secondonewas. I overheatedit in winter, it crackedtheheadsand watergotinsidethe cylinders, ans some rods got bent.But Ididn't know that so I tried to towstartit cuzit had a4-speed and whenthatdidn't wirk,I guess i bent some valvestrying to crushtheice inthere. Hyupthat enginewastoasted.But theWarranty enginewasgutless,soIsold thatpos Pink-Dinkcar.After5years ofdrivingthenuts offit Istill gotoverhalf myoriginalcost outofit. Butgotnothingfor the twotransmission rebuilds,themultopleclutches,the secondrearend,all the bent sheetmetal,or the 14pairs oftiresitburnedoff.,What a poscar thatwas.
I wish I still had it today tho,FM3inall.
Summer of 70 I turned 17

Last edited:
Does any one have an idea how many numbers matching FM 3 340 SWINGERS were made mine is a Canadian made hard top for US specification with a lot of add on from factory.

If you are still around here’s an email I dug up. I think he has some sort of registry out knows where there’s one that can help.
[email protected]

What'saFM3again,is that pink? Hyup I thinkit is. WellthenI had one in1970, Hyup itwas numbers matching until I blew thepos340up. After that it wasn't matching anymorecuzthey putaWarrantyengine init. Well thatfirst engine wasnot thepos, the secondonewas. I overheatedit in winter, it crackedtheheadsand watergotinsidethe cylinders, ans some rods got bent.But Ididn't know that so I tried to towstartit cuzit had a4-speed and whenthatdidn't wirk,I guess i bent some valvestrying to crushtheice inthere. Hyupthat enginewastoasted.But theWarranty enginewasgutless,soIsold thatpos Pink-Dinkcar.After5years ofdrivingthenuts offit Istill gotoverhalf myoriginalcost outofit. Butgotnothingfor the twotransmission rebuilds,themultopleclutches,the secondrearend,all the bent sheetmetal,or the 14pairs oftiresitburnedoff.,What a poscar thatwas.
I wish I still had it today tho,FM3inall.
Summer of 70 I turned 17
Looking for toast emoji. Enjoy, AJ!

There use to be a pair of his and her FM3 340 Darts up in Seattle area. They were separate by one car on the assembly line.
If I’m reading this right then every FM3 340 swingers the factory made were numbers matching from the factory. As for how many I think Alaskan T/A can answer that. Kim

I am pretty sure all of them were matching numbers from the factory .

As far as how many were made is another question .... they only made FM3 for 6 months .

LOL I was just fixin to post this. How many made were matching numbers? ALL of them. LOL

You’re back! What have you found on google?

Have you typed in “1970 Dodge Dart production numbers”? What info came up? Share with us.

sorry for sounding upset not what i meant to do or sound like.but I did find the Dart is a Number matching cause the block has the same vin #s but still looking at number of them produced in March

Thread moved to Mopar General Discussion. You were in the Hemi Superstock Darts and Barracuda section.

And now I see you have 2 threads about the same subject. Do you want me to merge them or delete the first one.

Last edited:
You know, about 3 keystrokes on Google and I found a site that's all about FM3 cars. You should look.

Here's a quote I found. You can call off the dogs.

Question: How many Panther Pink and Moulin Rouge cars were sold?
Answer: People often ask how many of a certain Mopar model with particular options were sold. The fact is that it's impossible to come up with an exact answer. At this point, nobody has found sales records from Chrysler. There have been stories about them being lost in a fire or that Chrysler disposed of them. The only thing out there are some lists showing the percentage of cars with a particular option. They don't go into the combinations of options, so for instance you can't know how many Panther Pink cars came with a manual transmission. Also the percentage for Canadian production are not available.

Last edited:
-
Back