Footbrake Winner @ Piedmont Dragway

-
Great job!! One of these days I'll have to get up to Piedmont. Been to the Farm a number of times but never made a race at Piedmont.

congrats !!!! glad to see a mopar represent. its been a long time since i was at piedmont.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!! That is a lot of W's in a short amount of time, nice work!

Thanks guys. My Duster isn't much more than stock, but it gets the job done. It is still street legal and many times I drive it to the track, change my tires and race it, then swap the tires again and drive it home. I did have some MT Street radials that saved me the trouble from even swapping the tires, but wore them out. I race almost every weekend, mainly at Farmington, Piedmont and Mooresville Dragways in North Carolina. Look me up if you happen to be at one of these tracks when there is a Footbrake race there.

I found this post from 1 year ago. I have been out of commission since last November due to some knee injuries. I finally raced a couple of weeks ago for the first time since last year at Piedmont Dragway and was still in the race for the 6th round with 5 cars left in when the rains came. I haven't raced since then but I will be racing at Bristol for the WFC. I used to take thousands upon thousand of photos every week at the surrounding tracks. Many of them are on Bracket Race Central's website. If you are into Footbraking or Mopars, look me up at Bristol. I hope to have an in-car camera and hope to go many rounds. Chow. 7X5X

we go to piedmont bout every thursday,..last week first we missed this season,..like the 7.49 class alot,...only duster ive seen is in this class and is a nice burgandy with silver 340 strips,....orange cuda wins most the time,...hopin to get one my dusters running by next season...hope to see ya there soon!

I love the Pro Tree 7.49 class also. My Duster won't run quite that fast however, so I don't run it. They did have an 8.90 Pro Tree class in 2009 or so and I ran some of those events and won a few of them in the '67 Valiant that I used to have. I have only been to Piedmont once this year, about 2 or 3 weeks ago for their points race on Sunday. I have been in Florida since November recuperating and now working a little. I hope to be back in North Carolina next month and to run some more events at Piedmont, especially the big Footbrake race at Thanksgiving. They have the McCandless Mopar Classic event in mid September and I will be there for it. I don't know who drives the Duster, but Kyle Shipman drives the orange 'Cuda. His dad is the track manager. Great Mopar folks. Look me up later in the year there at one of their points races. Good luck to you with your project also.

-
Back