For Retired Hippies Only. What are you listening to?

-
Reminds me of junior in high school. 1972

Go ahead ... Rub it in youngster :rofl: I was just thinkin' a minute ago that I worked the weekend of California Jam at Ontario Motor Speedway and missed Kieth Emerson on his flying Piano ... OOPS old eyes misread "junior in high school" for in junior high school ... You're older n me :lol:

Last edited:
Cranking this classic after recent family probs. put a lot in perspective. Enjoy my fellow oldschooler's and retired hippies. Great seldom played song of a great music era.

Oldschoolcuda

Sounds like Santana.

Go ahead ... Rub it in youngster :rofl: I was just thinkin' a minute ago that I worked the weekend of California Jam at Ontario Motor Speedway and missed Kieth Emerson on his flying Piano ... OOPS old eyes misread "junior in high school" for in junior high school ... You're older n me :lol:
:rofl::rofl:

Cranking this classic after recent family probs. put a lot in perspective. Enjoy my fellow oldschooler's and retired hippies. Great seldom played song of a great music era.

Oldschoolcuda

20190121_162704.jpg

Does this mean you are a hippie and now retired or you were a hippie and now retired or still work and just not a hippie anymore? I was too young to be a real hippie, but I think anyone living through the 60s must have a little 'peace and love' in them, no matter how cocooned it may be.
Altamont and Manson portended the demise of the movement. They only American revolution in my time so far.
I could listen to Mick Taylor play all day. You can see a young diymirage at 3:00 or so, although the wolf's head makes for a tough id. He slayed the beast himself.

Does this mean you are a hippie and now retired or you were a hippie and now retired or still work and just not a hippie anymore? I was too young to be a real hippie, but I think anyone living through the 60s must have a little 'peace and love' in them, no matter how cocooned it may be.
Altamont and Manson portended the demise of the movement. They only American revolution in my time so far.
I could listen to Mick Taylor play all day. You can see a young diymirage at 3:00 or so, although the wolf's head makes for a tough id. He slayed the beast himself.

Always have been a hippie. Will always be one.:thumbsup:
I posted this thread almost six yrs. ago. 8 months before my wife passed but had gotten ill. and we were searching for answers to why.
Thanks Mike for resurrecting this thread and to all that posted music.
Means alot to me.

I found early in life that I had no talent for playing music, not that I didn't try.
But I was good at listening to it.

First music album received. :D

I'm 66. Grew up in the 60's and 70's. Like a lot of my generation, when listening to local radio, it's probably country. My truck has SiriusXM, and I tune to Ch 25 Classic Vinyl (60's-70's rock) or Ch 26 Classic Rewind (70's-80's rock) a lot.

I'm 66. Grew up in the 60's and 70's. Like a lot of my generation, when listening to local radio, it's probably country. My truck has SiriusXM, and I tune to Ch 25 Classic Vinyl (60's-70's rock) or Ch 26 Classic Rewind (70's-80's rock) a lot.

Have you tried Ch 30 The Bridge?

Always have been a hippie. Will always be one.:thumbsup:
I posted this thread almost six yrs. ago. 8 months before my wife passed but had gotten ill. and we were searching for answers to why.
Thanks Mike for resurrecting this thread and to all that posted music.
Means alot to me.
Sorry to hear about your wife passing. I hope some of this old music will bring back good memories.

-
Back