Status
Not open for further replies.

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Selling my 65 dart to fund other 65 dart vert project. Tis is a sweet little driver. Car was born a factory hipo 273 4 barrel car with 904. Car now has 318 with 273 heads, solid lifter cam aluminium dual plane intake, 600 cfm eddy carb, mopar performance distributor and a bunch of other mopar performance go fast goodies. Car has been upgraded with front disc brakes, 8 3/4 rear with 3.23's, brand new tires(hurry before i cook the rears), oversized sway bars power steering etc. Great fun driver, paint has some imperfections but still looks good. Interior is in ok shape, has some rips in driver seat but rear seat is in good shape. Car is just a really fun driver and gets after it and sounds mean. Last week i spent 700 bucks on a full custom exhaust with stainless rectangle tips and 2 chamber flowmasters. There are still a few things it needs but is a good presentable driver while you fine tune the cosmetic things. Went to small car show 50 miles out of town and lost count of how many thumbs up i got and people almost causing accidents checking out the car. Car is located between sacramento and san francisco. Asking 7,500 o.b.o.

Attachments

• 288.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • 289.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,339
  • 290.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 291.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,362
  • 292.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,319
  • 293.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,302
  • 294.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 295.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,327
Thanks I think so too. All the chrome is perfect, that alone would be a pricey endeavor if you had to have it all replated.

Thanks Ulf appreciate that. Yea it's a good one. I don't think I would have put the scoop on if I built it but I guess it looks ok. I doubt it will sell on here because it seems like nothing has sold on fabo lately. Wrong time of year

Nice looking car. It is even painted body color under the hood. Congrats. Most cars that are redone get painted back under the hood and I just hate that. I see it has a hand control for the brake. Cool. I have hand controls I must use for both gas and brake. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks man. Yea it was totally disassembled when it was sprayed. It's got it's flaws but its a nice driver and runs like a raped ape. Yea I'm in a chair, broke my back but I still build custom cars and do restos as a hobby. Being broken sucks gotta keep livin and doing the same stuff as before. I'm building a pro touring 65 vert right now that's my baby.

Looks like a real nice 65. Do you have the Charger badges, wheels or paperwork? tmm

Jason don't be stealin my idea!!!! Ha!. When the car was originally restored it had been stolen and stripped so the emblems, wheels, trim, etc had been stolen. You a buyer? If not then paperwork or not shouldn't matter. Most of everything on the car has been replaced. It's an older resto but still real nice as you can obviously see. So mike let me ask you a question, from my experience being a seasoned 65 dart GT owner and convertible go/go package owner ( which most sopposeably expert 65 dart owners said didn't exist ) clean 65 dart chargers are fetching the same $ as a standard Hipo Gt. As far as I know and I will clarify, what documentation is available to classify it? I was told and varified by the last 3 owners that it was born a charger. Not to sound like a dick but at 7,500 for a really nice dart what difference should it make? I will produce any and all documentation I can for an interested buyer. As far as I'm concerned Ulf is the only guy around that I trust and authenticates my stuff. Obviously he knows every stinking nut and bolt and its finish.

Ulf is the expert for sure. I asked the question simply because I didn't see any signs of it being a "Charger" Dart. As you well know there is a difference between a "Charger" and a GT with a HP273 and a documented factory built Charger fetches a premium price vs. a dealer prepped car. Yes, Hp273 cars are more valuable than other models but I wouldn't rate them as high as the Chargers or D Darts. I was just curious because there were no wheels, emblems, or documentation in your description. tmm

68gt its got factory 273 manifolds 8 3/4 open rear,rear sway bar 273 heads so its got higher compression the trunk is absolutely beautiful and solid, there is a little bit of bubbling in the usual lower quarter panels but not bad. It's an older resto but its a blast to drive a for what it is it hauls. 2,600 rpm on freeway at 70. Got a mild cam but nothing to radical. I'm just having a blast with it and lost count of how many thumbs up I've gotten. If I don't get what I want I'll just keep it and someday turbo it or something stupid fun like that. Who knows. I can get you some shots of the trunk tomorrow.

68gt its got factory 273 manifolds 8 3/4 open rear,rear sway bar 273 heads so its got higher compression the trunk is absolutely beautiful and solid, there is a little bit of bubbling in the usual lower quarter panels but not bad. It's an older resto but its a blast to drive a for what it is it hauls. 2,600 rpm on freeway at 70. Got a mild cam but nothing to radical. I'm just having a blast with it and lost count of how many thumbs up I've gotten. If I don't get what I want I'll just keep it and someday turbo it or something stupid fun like that. Who knows. I can get you some shots of the trunk tomorrow.

Thanks GT. Sweet car.

7k. I don't think I'm going any lower. Im located between Sacramento and SanFrancisco if anyone wants to take a gander at it. Thanks and Meeeeerry Christmas. This will smoke Santas Sleigh!!!!! Ha!!

damn, another good deal on the left coast. This is painful!

Yea I'm not trying that hard. I was hoping to lay some Christmas rubber but its been pouring so guess ill have to wait:-( it will be a perfect car for someone that still wants to tinker but is still a nice driver.

Do you have anymore pics of this. The rear valance should have an exhaust cutout if its a hipo if I recall.

And yes it has the cutout for the exhaust. All hipo cars had it not just the dart charger.

i can vouch for gt,i've seen this car it's very cool.and worth well more then the asking price..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back